By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem will be the 1st 3DS game with Paid DLC :(

Well, someone has to be the first.

Let's see in which group Nintendo's DLS are, the good (GTA, Borderlands, etc) or the bad (Oblivion's horse armor).

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
Xxain said:
Mr Khan said:
Buzzi said:
I think they'll sell new challenges or map, which is fine...don't think they could sell game modes or campaigns, removing them from the game, like others have done in the past -__-

Trial maps, hadn't thought of that, but that would be definitely something i'd be more interested in purchasing

... we got trial and challenge maps for free in Path or Radiance/Radiant Dawn. Why would you want to pay for them now? DLC theoretically, should add to a complete xxperience.. removing something that came with the game before just sell it at a price is greedy.

Maybe there'll be more challenges in this game, we don't really know...obviously giving a full mode by DLC is not what Nintendo promised with all its speaks about how bad are DLCs now.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

$2.99 for a potion of phoenix down.

Nowhere does it say they won't make their dlc free...could be a reward to get your 3ds on the eshop, mint seems to love to give out freebies since the 3ds launched (excebike, zelda4swords, kid Icarus...weekly 3d videos,extention to the mii adventure games).

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

They should sell the campaign to us in episodes...

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network

I need to beat the one I have on ds, I still haven't.

RolStoppable said:
Before I go into rage mode, I am first going to wait for what exactly will be announced as paid DLC. Hopefully it's just absolutely meaningless stuff, but I hate that Nintendo even considers a follow the loser approach (hence why I don't like the Wii U).

Investors are likely clamoring for additional revenue sources, and although they were inconsequential for software sales or hardware sales, DLC does make some money

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

We'll need to see Fire Emblem 3DS released in the West before talking about that...

As MrT-Tar said, there is good dlc and bad dlc, so wait and see. I have no problem with the announcement in itself... But I have one if Fire Emblem 3DS stays Japan-only!

What's with the sad face in the thread title? You were hoping it was Advance Wars?

I have no problem with downloadable content that costs money as long as the value of what you get vs. the price you pay is reasonable ...

Often the games I see the most potential for this are the games that fall into the interactive entertainment realm. These games regularly are a form of educational product and adding content after it has been released is of high value. For a game like Wii Fit adding additional exercises for $1 a piece would be ideal, or a game like Art Academy adding an additional series of lessons for $5 would be fantastic.