By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem will be the 1st 3DS game with Paid DLC :(

Well that's depressing. Easily my favourite gaming IP.

Around the Network

In reality Fire Emblem will be the first Nintendo game with paid DLC, not only 3DS.

Spiders den are not for men.

My gaming channel: Stefano and the Spiders.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MultiSpider87?feature=mhum

ishiki said:
oniyide said:
NintendoFanDj said:
oniyide said:
NintendoFanDj said:

IN JAPAN it is but not US cause Reggie Fils-Aime is against it.

Nintendo is not gonna do what third parties did. For example Activision locked content on Call of Duty and force you to pay them if you want em. Third Parties use DLC to unlock CONTENT that is on the DISC. 

Nintendo want to give you a complete experiences by letting pay or get free DLC that is not on the game disc or 3ds carts. They gonna make like Mario Kart Wii Tournament Updates. Where you get update every week I think. The tournaments aren't lock on disc either it actually uploaded to your Mario Kart Wii Channel.

Nintendo do what others don't that why they will succeed in this DLC.

Fire Emblem need new mission and chapters for it. DLC that not on the 3ds cart will give a lot of replay value. It worst it.

Thats not even remotely true, not ALL companies do it, and especially not COD. Know what you're talking about first

I said all companies do it except Nintendo. I gave an example by using CoD.

You're still wrong, because you said all companies lock content and sell as DLC. some do (Take2 with Bioshock2) some dont (RS with GTA4)

They did the ballad of gay tony, and the other street one... which is DLC, as much as say New World Blues in Fallout New Vegas, or other lengthier DLC.

yes but they were not "locked" on the disc, which was the whole point I was getting at

pezus said:
NintendoFanDj said:
oniyide said:
NintendoFanDj said:

IN JAPAN it is but not US cause Reggie Fils-Aime is against it.

Nintendo is not gonna do what third parties did. For example Activision locked content on Call of Duty and force you to pay them if you want em. Third Parties use DLC to unlock CONTENT that is on the DISC. 

Nintendo want to give you a complete experiences by letting pay or get free DLC that is not on the game disc or 3ds carts. They gonna make like Mario Kart Wii Tournament Updates. Where you get update every week I think. The tournaments aren't lock on disc either it actually uploaded to your Mario Kart Wii Channel.

Nintendo do what others don't that why they will succeed in this DLC.

Fire Emblem need new mission and chapters for it. DLC that not on the 3ds cart will give a lot of replay value. It worst it.

Thats not even remotely true, not ALL companies do it, and especially not COD. Know what you're talking about first

I said all companies do it except Nintendo. I gave an example by using CoD.

You sound like you don't even remotely know what you're talking about (first post above). Nintendo are giving you "complete experiences" and yet they release paid DLC like everyone else. How is this different from, say, Activision?

I am talking about the way they use it not paid DLC. 
Like I said on Black Ops in Zombie 3 levels are LOCKED you have  to pay them if  you want it. Nintendo won't leave something on their game Locked and have people pay it. They will just upload it to the users game like they did with Super Smash Bros Brawl daily with Pictures, and Custom Stages. Mario Kart Wii Tournaments uploaded weekly or every 9 days. But those content aren't lock in they are uploaded. Same with Pokemon games where you recieve Pokemon through a Event, Movie Threater, or location or you WiFi Connection at home to recieve Items or Pokemons. 

"Nintendo fan for life"