By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem will be the 1st 3DS game with Paid DLC :(

Fire Emblem Will Be The First 3DS Game With Paid DLC

By Spencer . December 26, 2011 . 10:38am

One of the topics in tonight’s Nintendo Direct video will probably be paid downloadable content. Nikkei reports Nintendo plans on selling extra game item in March starting with the next Fire Emblem.

Fire Emblem was revealed during the 3DS conference without a release date. Fire Emblem for 3DS should come out in March title since Nintendo plans on selling DLC then.

Read more stories about Fire Emblem 3DS & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera.

Around the Network

Depends on what and in what quantities. I mean, a wellspring of Master Seals or Master Crowns could potentially be worth a few bucks (5 bucks to get enough for every unit in the game would be an equitable price), or if we're talking about new units altogether, but Fire Emblem is the kind of game where you should be able to get by with what exists in the normal game.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I think they'll sell new challenges or map, which is fine...don't think they could sell game modes or campaigns, removing them from the game, like others have done in the past -__-

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

characters for MK 7 and courses would be nice.

Buzzi said:
I think they'll sell new challenges or map, which is fine...don't think they could sell game modes or campaigns, removing them from the game, like others have done in the past -__-

Trial maps, hadn't thought of that, but that would be definitely something i'd be more interested in purchasing

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Lostplanet22 said:
characters for MK 7 and courses would be nice.

I thought Mario Kart 7 would be the most adjusted Nintendo game to DLCs.

Mr Khan said:
Buzzi said:

Trial maps, hadn't thought of that, but that would be definitely something i'd be more interested in purchasing

... we got trial and challenge maps for free in Path or Radiance/Radiant Dawn. Why would you want to pay for them now? DLC theoretically, should add to a complete xxperience.. removing something that came with the game before just sell it at a price is greedy.

There is good DLC and there is bad DLC, let's all just hope that this will be the former

Think about if Nintendo sold the event pokemon for Generation VI instead of going to a store on a specific date. They would make shit loads of money off that.

MrT-Tar said:
Think about if Nintendo sold the event pokemon for Generation VI instead of going to a store on a specific date. They would make shit loads of money off that.

Why sell it? with online access, and Spot pass.. which would be a perfect way to replace that event thing: activate Spot pass at Best Buy you get a free legendary - it creative and it pushes a 3DS feature why settle for buying something you normally wouldnt?