By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Meant for Consumers with Higher Disposable Income, Says Nintendo

Also, did I read it right when Reggie said the Wii U will be for people who make more than $50,000-$60,000/year?

Then some of you really think this thing is going to be just $250?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

if it will cost like $600 you americans have to pay as much as we europeans always do for consoles lol. it's not so bad for you just for us we will have to pay the same in euro haha.

crissindahouse said:

if it will cost like $600 you americans have to pay as much as we europeans always do for consoles lol. it's not so bad for you just for us we will have to pay the same in euro haha.

And if costs like $1200 everyone will have to pay what brazilians initially pay for consoles.

How about that.

haxxiy said:
crissindahouse said:

And if costs like $1200 everyone will have to pay what brazilians initially pay for consoles.

How about that.

yeah sure i just want to say that americans have the lowest prices on the planet for consoles so if they have to pay 200 more it's still not more than anyone else has to pay in the other big markets for years now. for them it's an big increase but i wouldn't have a problem with this price in dollar^^ but like i said, i have to pay the same in euro then so i will get a big increase as well.

one big problem is the strong yen. the euro/yen exchange ratio was 1:160 or so  to the euro when the wii came out now it's like 1:100. so if this will stay so strong it will be hard to sell the wii u for 299 or something like that.

As usual Nintendo copies Sony! This time the concept of getting a second job to buy their console!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

I won't buy any game console for more than $350... including a game.

Euphoria14 said:
Also, did I read it right when Reggie said the Wii U will be for people who make more than $50,000-$60,000/year?

Then some of you really think this thing is going to be just $250?

Those people are in heavy denial or just tight wads who dont want to pay up

crissindahouse said:
haxxiy said:
crissindahouse said:

How about that.

yeah sure i just want to say that americans have the lowest prices on the planet for consoles so if they have to pay 200 more it's still not more than anyone else has to pay in the other big markets for years now. for them it's an big increase but i wouldn't have a problem with this price in dollar^^ but like i said, i have to pay the same in euro then so i will get a big increase as well.

one big problem is the strong yen. the euro/yen exchange ratio was 1:160 or so  to the euro when the wii came out now it's like 1:100. so if this will stay so strong it will be hard to sell the wii u for 299 or something like that.

Totally agree. As mentioned PS3 launched in AUS for $1000AUD. People paid the price for it as it was still half the price of a decent computer inthe day that matched PS3 specs here.

The $600 price everyone here is so worried about is a place holder price in Australia in australian dollars. I am sure it will be cheaper in the USA.

I still dont get people complaining about a $350 price. It is a reasonable grown over  the period betweenwii and Wii u launch, assuming technology also in the Wii U is good.

Two SKUs.

Basic for $300 with one pad and no game.
Plus for $499 with two pads and one game.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Cobretti2 said:
crissindahouse said:
haxxiy said:
crissindahouse said:

How about that.

Totally agree. As mentioned PS3 launched in AUS for $1000AUD. People paid the price for it as it was still half the price of a decent computer inthe day that matched PS3 specs here.

The $600 price everyone here is so worried about is a place holder price in Australia in australian dollars. I am sure it will be cheaper in the USA.

I still dont get people complaining about a $350 price. It is a reasonable grown over  the period betweenwii and Wii u launch, assuming technology also in the Wii U is good.

People are tightwads???