By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Up! - 17th December

Hmm.... I see some interesting thing this week. From weekly data for US, Super Mario 3D Land is selling better than Mario Kart 7 this week.....

Around the Network

My thoughts?

- PS3 is doing better than VGC shows after the NPD November, NPD December may show that.
- Uncharted 3 is doing really weel.
- Gran Turismo 5 will top 7 million this week.
- PS3 will sell over 1 million if FFXIII-2 sold more than 100k PS3 in Japan.

Everybody is happy now.

ethomaz said:
My thoughts?

- PS3 is doing better than VGC shows after the NPD November, NPD December may show that.
- Uncharted 3 is doing really weel.
- Gran Turismo 5 will top 7 million this week.
- PS3 will sell over 1 million if FFXIII-2 sold more than 100k PS3 in Japan.

Everybody is happy now.

1M is doable even without that kind of boost in Japan.

Mordred11 said:
Lol @ the PS3 & 360 having the same % boost.

I could have sworn that the PS3 and 360 have had the same jumps for the past few weeks, or is that just me

Munkeh111 said:
Mordred11 said:

I could have sworn that the PS3 and 360 have had the same jumps for the past few weeks, or is that just me

Week ending 10th December

X360 540,252 (+28%) 31,819,764
PS3 241,646 (+28%) 19,234,221

Around the Network
Mordred11 said:
amaral_slb said:
There is one thing I have a hard time believing. The PS3 came off November, were they were 370k up compared to last year. If I made my math right, in 3 weeks in December, the PS3 is up 80k compared to last year, seems short to me (correct me if I am wrong).

As Mordred11 posted, if we compare to last year, this weak PS3 only sold 16k more, with more quality games and less 50 dollars.

But hey, we have to roll with these numbers. If true, disappointing increase for the PS3 on a December month were price is important.

Let's not forget about market saturation and the 360 going gangbusters in the US this year.

The single fact that it manages to stay up YoY is impressive,at least in my opinion.

hmmmm

Last month, November, it had the same "market saturation" and "360 going gangbusters" and the PS3 was 370k up on last year.

I am not saying that just because it was 370k last month it should be the same or more this month, all I am saying is that 80k in 3 weeks up on last year seems short, IMO. I am not claiming that PS3 is "famous word", it just seems short, and if true, I think Sony did something wrong because there should be more demand for the PS3 this year there was last year.

amaral_slb said:
Mordred11 said:
amaral_slb said:
There is one thing I have a hard time believing. The PS3 came off November, were they were 370k up compared to last year. If I made my math right, in 3 weeks in December, the PS3 is up 80k compared to last year, seems short to me (correct me if I am wrong).

As Mordred11 posted, if we compare to last year, this weak PS3 only sold 16k more, with more quality games and less 50 dollars.

But hey, we have to roll with these numbers. If true, disappointing increase for the PS3 on a December month were price is important.

Let's not forget about market saturation and the 360 going gangbusters in the US this year.

The single fact that it manages to stay up YoY is impressive,at least in my opinion.

hmmmm

Last month, November, it had the same "market saturation" and "360 going gangbusters" and the PS3 was 370k up on last year.

I am not saying that just because it was 370k last month it should be the same or more this month, all I am saying is that 80k in 3 weeks up on last year seems short, IMO. I am not claiming that PS3 is "famous word", it just seems short, and if true, I think Sony did something wrong because there should be more demand for the PS3 this year there was last year.

As pointed out before PS3 had the Black Friday Bundle with 2 games for $199.99 everywhere.  None of the deals in December been that good or widespread. Below are the deals for this weeks numbers.

Amazon
PS3 160GB Harry Potter BluRay Bundle $249 includes $50 gift card -12/15-12/16
PS3 320GB includes $50 gift card -12/1512/16

Best Buy
PS3 320 Uncharted 3 bundle purchased with a Greatest Hits Combo gets $50 gift card

Target
PS3 320GB $299.99 includes $20 gift card

Walmart
PS3 320GB $349.99 includes $100 gift card

Kmart
PS3 160 GB includes $50 gift card

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Mordred11 said:
Munkeh111 said:
Mordred11 said:

Week ending 10th December

X360 540,252 (+28%) 31,819,764
PS3 241,646 (+28%) 19,234,221

That's weird... the NPD showed the PS3 had a better % increase in November... so I expect the same for December.

don't even think about it since they don't have BF bundle in december

ethomaz said:

That's weird... the NPD showed the PS3 had a better % increase in November... so I expect the same for December.

You shouldn't