By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Up! - 17th December

Adinnieken said:
2006 will be the year of the PS3...oh wait...
2007 will be the year of the PS3...no...wait...
2008 will be the year of the PS3...hrmmmm...wait...
2009 will be the year of the PS3...dammit...one more time...
2010 will be the year of the PS3...@#$%&^% KINECT...@#$%@...
2011 will be the year of the PS3...Are you kidding me...wait for it...
2012 will be the year of the PS3...to be continued..."SON OF A @#$%&!"...

Don't get too caught up with the USA numbers, PS3 is looking likely to be the top selling console this year. Although what is really meant by "Year of" I still don't understand.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
thx1139 said:
Slimebeast said:
I beleive X360 is heavily overtracked. Remember that Xbox 360 end of year numbers have always been adjusted down by 0.5-1 million after shipment numbers arrive a few months into a new year. It's always like this.

Based on NPD November numbers nothing in the December numbers appears out of the ordinary. 

But history shows us that the X360 gets adjusted down a few weeks after the Holidays. And even the NPD numbers showed that In relation to PS3 the X360 was overtracked.

Lets see that history.  I believe last year when MS announced shortages some adjustments happened, but that was about it. I remember one year in Feb/Mar huge PS3 adjustments based on Europe data I believe that really brought the numbers down, but these annual adjustments. I dont remember this happening year in year out. If they were VGC should adjust thier assumptions so that this isnt an annual occurrence.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Great numbers for 360!!! :) 3DS will most likely hit that 16m worldwide shipped figure by fiscal year 2012. Awesome!

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

thx1139 said:
Slimebeast said:
thx1139 said:
Slimebeast said:
I beleive X360 is heavily overtracked. Remember that Xbox 360 end of year numbers have always been adjusted down by 0.5-1 million after shipment numbers arrive a few months into a new year. It's always like this.

Based on NPD November numbers nothing in the December numbers appears out of the ordinary. 

But history shows us that the X360 gets adjusted down a few weeks after the Holidays. And even the NPD numbers showed that In relation to PS3 the X360 was overtracked.

Lets see that history.  I believe last year when MS announced shortages some adjustments happened, but that was about it. I remember one year in Feb/Mar huge PS3 adjustments based on Europe data I believe that really brought the numbers down, but these annual adjustments. I dont remember this happening year in year out. If they were VGC should adjust thier assumptions so that this isnt an annual occurrence.

History shows that PS3 numbers always get adjusted up and 360 adjusted down. Same thing will happen next month.

thx1139 said:
Slimebeast said:
thx1139 said:
Slimebeast said:

Trust me. Im a huge Xbox fan and Ive been disappointed by adjustments every season since I joined VGC four years ago. The data aren't there anymore because no one stored them but from my memory you can roughly reduce 300K off of the X360 numbers you see at the end of December and add 300K to PS3 numbers to arrive at the respective final numbers. Usually the adjustments come in steps during the year and typically we won't have final numbers until mid-year.

Current gap between X360 and PS3 is 3.2 million according to VGC numbers as of last week but in my mind it's already down at 2.5 mill.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
shanbcn said:
thx1139 said:
Slimebeast said:
thx1139 said:
Slimebeast said:

History shows that PS3 numbers always get adjusted up and 360 adjusted down. Same thing will happen next month.

So everyone else has to put up with sony fans saying "doesnt matter the numbers are wrong it is undertracked and there will be adjustments" in every single thread...?

Every week? in every thread?

Fucking tedious... and ruins any chance of a discussion... and is definitely ruining the site sales forum.

I hope the ban hammer starts to fall often and hard if thats the case.

Have to agree.  Keep the adjustments out until adjustments or reason to believe adjustments should occur (not because you disagree with the numbers, but something like an NPD, ChartTrak, MediaCreate or company quarterly disclosure suggest otherwise).

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

kowenicki said:
shanbcn said:
thx1139 said:
Slimebeast said:
thx1139 said:
Slimebeast said:

So everyone else has to put up with sony fans saying "doesnt matter the numbers are wrong it is undertracked and there will be adjustments" in every single thread...?

Fucking tedious... and ruins any chance of a discussion... and is definitely ruining the site sales forum.

Bullshit, you've brought up adjustment talk tons of times too, but only if its for your prefered console. Be consistent for once. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
kowenicki said:
psrock said:
kowenicki said:
shanbcn said:
thx1139 said:
Slimebeast said:
thx1139 said:
Slimebeast said:=

Bullshit, you've brought up adjustment talk tons of times too, but only if its for your prefered console. Be consistent for once. 

I have?  when?  please.. go find em.. show me?

doubt you will find any outside an NPD thread or a Qtr shipment thread...   p

I certianly dont just say it for the sake of it..  ever.

it isnt bullshit, it is a real problem if in every single weekly sales thread now the default position will simply be "undertracked.. always is"

If people really think that then why dont they just go somewhere else.

While, I agree it kills the fun knowing most of these numbers will be adjuted anyway, I just watch. Holiday times are the hardest to track. I wouldnt be surprise if the Wii outsell the 360 in DEC NPD. I wouldnt be surprise if the 360 sells 3.5 million either. I wouldnt be surprise if Sony outship the 360, we've learne through history. Don't get mad about people bringing adjustment, its part of the whole tracking. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
thx1139 said:
Slimebeast said:
thx1139 said:
Slimebeast said:

Dug up the old numbers just for the hell of it. 

Pre-adjustment
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=122489&page=1
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=122236&page=1 
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=121812&page=1 
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=121467&page=1 
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=121009&page=1 
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=120614&page=1 

Post-adjust
http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/40545/Global/
http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/40538/Global/
http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/40531/Global/ 
http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/40524/Global/
http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/40517/Global/
http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/40510/Global/

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

kowenicki said:
psrock said:
kowenicki said:
psrock said:
kowenicki said:
shanbcn said:
thx1139 said:
Slimebeast said:
thx1139 said:
Slimebeast said:=

I have?  when?  please.. go find em.. show me?

doubt you will find any outside an NPD thread or a Qtr shipment thread...   p

I certianly dont just say it for the sake of it..  ever.

it isnt bullshit, it is a real problem if in every single weekly sales thread now the default position will simply be "undertracked.. always is"

If people really think that then why dont they just go somewhere else.

While, I agree it kills the fun knowing most of these numbers will be adjuted anyway, I just watch. Holiday times are the hardest to track. I wouldnt be surprise if the Wii outsell the 360 in DEC NPD. I wouldnt be surprise if the 360 sells 3.5 million either. I wouldnt be surprise if Sony outship the 360, we've learne through history. Don't get mad about people bringing adjustment, its part of the whole tracking. 

still waiting...

or you can just retract the bullshit bit if you like...

keep waiting. 

Next Gen