By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

WW is up, but Japan isn't up yet. Is Japan taken into account in the global sales numbers? I don't understand the charts anymore...

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
Alby_da_Wolf said:
WW is up, but Japan isn't up yet. Is Japan taken into account in the global sales numbers? I don't understand the charts anymore...

Yea, I was wondering the same thing.  I clicked the link in the OP and it took me to the chart for Dec 3rd WW, not Dec 10th.  Was it up before, then taken down?  Or are these the numbers without Japan?

thismeintiel said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

Yea, I was wondering the same thing.  I clicked the link in the OP and it took me to the chart for Dec 3rd WW, not Dec 10th.  Was it up before, then taken down?  Or are these the numbers without Japan?

Hardware for everywhere is up, but we are still waiting for Japan software - Can't do Global charts till all regions have software up.

Salnax said:
yo_john117 said:
Mordred11 said:
yo_john117 said:

I'm sorry I meant on consoles, as far as I know the best selling RPG on consoles is Final Fantasy

Yes,its FF VII with 9.72M sold.

Cool, I think Skyrim has a chance to beat that. It's already at 5.8 million sold not including PC digital sales. It should get to 10 million by the end of next year.

Don't forget to include PC and PSN sales for FF7!

I would wager skyrim's steam sales are already greater then FF7 PC and PSN sales. It has basically been the number 1 selling game for the past month, except for ocassionally a game thats 75% off passing it.

Wouldn't be suprised if its well over 1million by now considering portal 2 had sold over 1mil on steam by June, and skyrim's been averaging over 3 times as many players playing as portal 2 did during its first month of release.

http://fadellc.com/Press.html

http://steamgraph.burstpixel.net/index.php?action=graph&appid=620q34330q42690q72850q28050q91310q9200&from=0

Aj_habfan said:
thismeintiel said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

Hardware for everywhere is up, but we are still waiting for Japan software - Can't do Global charts till all regions have software up.

Ok, thanks.  I'll keep that in mind for next time. 

Around the Network

I am glad the 3DS is doing this well. And this comes from a Sony fan. I was just tired of all the doom talk and of hearing how smartphones would kill dedicated handhelds. I said many times that all 3DS needed was SW and a price cut, and look at it!

I hope Vita does well too, hopefully it will surpass PSP in HW and do much, much better in the SW department.

About the rest, 360 is a beast in USA and UK and meh elsewhere, PS3 very good almost everywhere but USA were it is meh. Wii very good in general.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

thismeintiel said:
Aj_habfan said:
thismeintiel said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

Ok, thanks.  I'll keep that in mind for next time. 

I understood it too now. But while the new regional subdivision allows to have more precise local subtotals, keeping the regions worst known separated from the best known, the new way of scheduling data releases is more confusing until all the data of the week are complete.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

lol @ 3DS.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Skyrim just shipped 10 Million by the way people.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:

yep, as i expected(and previously stated). 360 PS3 50k unit gap for the wk with 360 leading. in my mind, i thought they would be much closer for the Dec. 10th wk., but that's just me hoping for more of a even season. UC3 performing awesomely. 

Just remember there is still Final Fantasy XIII-2 in Japan next week. The Japanese numbers will be pretty big for the PS3. Wondering if it's possible for PS3 to be ahead of 360 and Wii this coming week and if it can stay there for the remainer of the year.