By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Those Skyrim sales are just excellent! It's already surpassed Oblivion's 360 sales and PC sales and it should pass PS3 Oblivion sales next week ^_^

Halo Reach is way past 9 million now with the digital bundle included and it seems Battlefield 3 is on it's way to sell Modern Warfare like numbers.

Around the Network

Not sure if somebody has mentioned it before, but Mario Kart Wii reached 30 million!

Tridrakious said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
I am glad the 3DS is doing this well. And this comes from a Sony fan. I was just tired of all the doom talk and of hearing how smartphones would kill dedicated handhelds. I said many times that all 3DS needed was SW and a price cut, and look at it!

I hope Vita does well too, hopefully it will surpass PSP in HW and do much, much better in the HW department.

About the rest, 360 is a beast in USA and UK and meh elsewhere, PS3 very good almost everywhere but USA were it is meh. Wii very good in general.

PSP sold a decent amount of hardware. What I want to see is the Vita doing much better on the software side of sales.

Woops, typo. Sorry, should have said 'better in the SW department'.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

BTW does anyone know how many PSV were preordered in Japan? I read in several places that preorders sold out, but not how many units that is.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

I'm not that impressed with 3DS numbers.

It's the only "new "gedjet this hollydays, it's cheap, it has good games from great franchises comming up.

So 1mi + are natural. However I doubt it can continue this pace throught out the next year.

Around the Network
Tridrakious said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

yep, as i expected(and previously stated). 360 PS3 50k unit gap for the wk with 360 leading. in my mind, i thought they would be much closer for the Dec. 10th wk., but that's just me hoping for more of a even season. UC3 performing awesomely. 

Just remember there is still Final Fantasy XIII-2 in Japan next week. The Japanese numbers will be pretty big for the PS3. Wondering if it's possible for PS3 to be ahead of 360 and Wii this coming week and if it can stay there for the remainer of the year.

yea i'm hoping for a PS3 lead, or a tie.

Dark_Feanor said:
I'm not that impressed with 3DS numbers.

It's the only "new "gedjet this hollydays, it's cheap, it has good games from great franchises comming up.

So 1mi + are natural. However I doubt it can continue this pace throught out the next year.

Pretty much no chance at keep the holiday sales numbers throughout next year.  However, I believe the 3DS will continue decent sales numbers throughout next year considering that there is a pretty damn good line up for Nintendo and third party games.  I suppose you would only be impressed if it sold 2m+ in a week?

lordmandeep said:

Also holy crap at Skyrim. Its blasting previous FF games easily and if it hits 10 million, it would be bigger than FF7. I am not sure, but wouldn't it be the biggest RPG on a consul? "

I am assuming you are referring to home console systems and not including hand helds.  I believe Pokemon would take it if you were to include hand helds.  Not too sure about just home console systems.

pezus said:
sethnintendo said:

Pretty much no chance at keep the holiday sales numbers throughout next year.  However, I believe the 3DS will continue decent sales numbers throughout next year considering that there is a pretty damn good line up for Nintendo and third party games.  I believe that passing the 1.3 mil last week put it ahead of whatever the DS could achieve during it's peak holiday week (someone correct me if I am wrong).  So 1.3m isn't a shabby number and is actually very good.  I suppose you would only be impressed if it sold 2m+ in a week?

ds did more than 1.3m many times, even last year

Okay, I believe it was just comparing first year DS vs 3DS sales.  I could have sworn I just looked at a post awhile back that showed the comparision.  Anyways, I hope maybe that is at least right.... 

GT5 sold 70,472 (+71%) this week.

6,960,942 LTD

No word... just happiness.

7 million fest next week.