By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - LBP2 not nominated for GOTY...anywhere? WTF!?

That was released this year right?.. January 18th actually...

Why the flying girble butt scratching rats did it not get nominated for a damn thing?  (Nothing substatial at least)

I mean good lord it surely AT LEAST should have gotten a nomination.  Complete and utter bull shit to put it bluntly.  As im looking around the web EVERY game that is nominated for GoTY was released within the past 1-5 months.  This is a classic case of short-term memory and journalists should be ashamed of themselvesfor forgetting what was probably the most important game released this year.

I'm completely dumbfounded and dissapointed...I really am.

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

Around the Network

MM announced awhile ago that the average LBP2 level-creator put in about 4 times as much time into LBP2 than the average time that is put into any shooter by an "hardcore" player.

I just don't understand how this game hasn't even gotten mentioned, I'm baffled.

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

Well it came out really early in the year and it was more of the same of the original LittleBigPlanet.
There are a lot of really good games this year. There are bound to be lots of good games getting left out.

Early year release syndrome. As a non-LBP2 owner, i can safely say i barely knew that was a 2011 game, but to speak to something nearer to my heart, Pokemon White feels like so long ago i can barely recall it. With the goty's being so heavily warped by hype, games released early usually have no chance. Mass Effect 2 was one of few to recently significantly overcome this issue

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

Early year release syndrome. As a non-LBP2 owner, i can safely say i barely knew that was a 2011 game, but to speak to something nearer to my heart, Pokemon White feels like so long ago i can barely recall it. With the goty's being so heavily warped by hype, games released early usually have no chance. Mass Effect 2 was one of few to recently significantly overcome this issue

not really. Last year Mass Effect 2 was nominated for and won plenty of GOTY awards, and xbox game of the year awards, and it was released in January as well.

Littlebigplanet 2 just wasn't that amazing of a game. Sure its awsome that you can recreate pacman or make a computer in the game, but that just awsome for a grand total of 10 seconds before you realize just playing the actual verison of pac man is a lot more fun, and there is no point in a littlebigplanet computer. The game is just a mediocre platformer combined with an amazing map builder... Sure its awsome to build your own crazy map for the few people that actually do that, but there is absolutly no map thats actually fun to play  after the intital holy shit did someone really make this moment.

Around the Network
enrageorange said:
Mr Khan said:

not really. Last year Mass Effect 2 was nominated for and won plenty of GOTY awards, and xbox game of the year awards, and it was released in January as well.

Littlebigplanet 2 just wasn't that amazing of a game. Sure its awsome that you can recreate pacman or make a computer in the game, but that just awsome for a grand total of 10 seconds before you realize just playing the actual verison of pac man is a lot more fun, and there is no point in a littlebigplanet computer. The game is just a mediocre platformer combined with an amazing map builder... Sure its awsome to build your own crazy map for the few people that actually do that, but there is absolutly no map thats actually fun to play  after the intital holy shit did someone really make this moment.

I had said that ME2 overcame that problem. Though i'll grant my wording was a little confusing

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Early release + only 91/92 on meta + lots of other better games came out this year = not surprised. A lot of LBP's appeal was in its freshness, obviously that wears off with sequels unless they're radically better Uncharted 1 > 2

Mr Khan said:
enrageorange said:
Mr Khan said:

I had said that ME2 overcame that problem. Though i'll grant my wording was a little confusing

my mistake. I misread your comment.

LBP1 came out 2010 right? cause i'm pretty sure that was the year of no good games.
this year we got Skyrim which is one of the best games to come out this gen, and BF3, an epic shooter. between the 2 i wouldn't play anything else.

usrevenge said:
LBP1 came out 2010 right? cause i'm pretty sure that was the year of no good games.
this year we got Skyrim which is one of the best games to come out this gen, and BF3, an epic shooter. between the 2 i wouldn't play anything else.

LBP1 came out in 2008.