By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Alan Wake confirmed for PC

Tagged games:

Still waiting for Fable 2. And if we don't get both newer Gears, at least give us Gears 2. Gears 3 will still be a reason to get a 360, so I see no problem here.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Around the Network
Silver-Tiger said:
Still waiting for Fable 2. And if we don't get both newer Gears, at least give us Gears 2. Gears 3 will still be a reason to get a 360, so I see no problem here.

Fable 3 is better

Good choice for M$ to do this. The PC hardcore should be able to experience this.

2nd best game this gen.

Bravo M$. First Kinectimals on Iphone ( albeit witout Live functionality ) and of course AW on PC.

This doesnt hurt 360 sales at all, and M$ knows that. of course there are a few Extrmely hardcore nuts who own PCs that can game and PS3's. But the major majority of consol buyers arent PC gamers. And AW being console exclusive is still a swan song. It makes sense for M$ to make money off another platform where M$ are ivested.

Smart business moves lately for M$.

Whats the point in owning a xbox when all you gotta do is wait a year or so and there exclusives come out on pc lol

D-Joe said:
Reasonable said:
Good for those without 360 who missed it, but I won't be re-buying just for the graphics upgrade. This will just make me wait in future in similar circumstances and skip 360 version though - assuming something similar happens again, which hopefully it won't.

than i guess you can sell your Halo Reach now if you have,or cancel Halo 4 preorder

because when MS announce next-gen first Halo(5 i guess),Reach or 4 should be coming to PC

I'm clearly talking about a game that's announced first as PC/360 and then myteriously becomes 360 only to then - predictably enough I'll admit - turn up on PC after all at a later date with DLC plus a graphics hike.  With Halo I know I can wait a few years or play on 360 (and I mostly chose play on console).  But you go ahead and missread my context.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network
enrageorange said:
oniyide said:
enrageorange said:
Aldro said:
chapset said:
Aldro said:
chapset said:
so it's exclusive to the 360 then

Exclusive to the 360 when you dont need a 360 to play it. Logic..

isn't how it works?? pc+360 = exclusive to 360 ??

See the reply above me. Dc Universe being the only mmo on console is PS3/PC. I don't call it for an exclusives. Who the hell says Mass effect is an HD exclusive just because the Wii doesnt have it? Exclusitivity in my words are limited to one area of experience. If one game can be experienced on more than ONE platform, the term should not be used as it is a lie innmy opinion.

ok how about this. The psp got a bunch of playstation 1 games as ports. The psp vita is going to get a bunch of ps2 games as ports. Psp super vita will get a bunch of ps3 games as ports. Thus the ps3 will have no exclusives. So why did you buy a ps3? To play the games earlier, just like 360 owners get to enjoy some of their games earlier then when they get ported to the PC.

this made no sense whatsover. How long ago did PS1 released, how long after did PSP come out? Years!! Hell the store didnt get up to snuff until much later in the PSP lifetime. No different than all those GBA ports. THe only difference between this and ALan Wake is that it is still in the same gen. Why does it bother people so much?

it makes perfect sense... People said all you have to do to get 360 exclusives without buying a 360 is wait. The exact same can be said about playstation 3 exclusives. The wait is just longer. Who defines how much time must pass for a game to truely be exclusive. 2 years? 5 years? 10 years? The psp has already gotten some ps2 ports and guess what the ps2 is still selling. The psp vita will no doubt start getting ps3 ports before the ps3 is done selling. Your the one who seems to be bothered the most about my statement since it makes perfect sense but goes against your agenda of trying to bash the 360 for losing an exclusive years after it came out.

And btw the Alan wake port is coming out after the 3ds, psp vita, and probably wii U have already come out. Its already the next gen. Microsoft is just joining it late this time like sony and nintendo did last time. 

Find me a post of mine where I bashed the 360, find it. ANd no it makes no sense, what PS3 games that WERE exclusive have jumped ship?? The only thing that comes to mind is Joe Danger. Im not talking about games that were announced, im talking straight up released for PS3 first then later ported to another system?? I see no games being ported to VITA, everything is either an original entry; Wipeout, SuperStardust, MNR, LBP, Resistance, Uncharted and some multiplat games, SFxTekken, that game made by Vanillaware etc. 

Stop being silly you want to compare a game that was released on 360 over a year and a half ago to a PS1 that was released what? FIVE years later on PSP or whatever. Hell not even, lets use FFTactics as an example. THat game was released in the US in 97, TEN years later the PSP version was released 07 two years later the original was released on PSN. DO you really believe that someone who might have been interested in FFTactics back in 97 would have been like "I will wait TEN years for a system that hasnt even been MADE yet or network that hasnt even been created. Get real. Disgea PS2 03 PSP 06 DS 08, years of difference.

All BSing aside. This isnt the first time a high profile XBOX game went multiplat or wasnt exactly exclusive to begin with.  It might be the system with the most games to go multi in a long time. THats not a knock on 360, all games should be multiplat IMHO, if not all platforms at least 2. Thats why people say they will just wait for it to go multiplat. None of us are precogs but going by history its not a farfetched concept. If that bothers you, then take of your 360 green colored glasses and chill out, it is what it is.

think-man said:
Whats the point in owning a xbox when all you gotta do is wait a year or so and there exclusives come out on pc lol

the benefit of playing a year early??

This decision is rather simple for MS & Remedy:

Remedy can make more money out of it.
Microsoft had it's exclusivity and can make more money out of it.
The game was initially being developed for pc, so the content & engine should be pretty port ready.

Mainly of all, Alan Wake isn't huge like Gears of War or Halo which they will most likely keep for the 360, if Alan Wake had sold ~5 ~6M on the 360, it probably wouldn't have gone to the pc.

Also Microsoft is a company, companies like Money, and the EED has been having to put it's foot forward to Ballmer & Co lately in terms of financials, this will help to do that even more.

pezus said:
selnor said:
Good choice for M$ to do this. The PC hardcore should be able to experience this.

2nd best game this gen.

Bravo M$. First Kinectimals on Iphone ( albeit witout Live functionality ) and of course AW on PC.

This doesnt hurt 360 sales at all, and M$ knows that. of course there are a few Extrmely hardcore nuts who own PCs that can game and PS3's. But the major majority of consol buyers arent PC gamers. And AW being console exclusive is still a swan song. It makes sense for M$ to make money off another platform where M$ are ivested.

I'm not sure where you got that information? Funny that you call PS3/PC gamers "extremely hardcore nuts". Owning PCs that can game is really not that hard...

Forums  are a minority. NOwhere near majority. 

Most PC gamers play MMO's or strategy games. And of course shooters. 

PC gamers I know dont own any consoles and vice versa. 

Forums are NOT a judge of where gaming is. The hardcore die hards use forums. 

The fact that past 360/pc games where console exclusive exists in terms of sales show having PC counterparts doesnt hurt M$ sales. The first ME1 sold 360's for a month or so. Even though it was available on PC. 

We hav had this discussion on VGC 3 years ago.

pezus said:
selnor said:
pezus said:
selnor said:

2nd best game this gen.

I'm not sure where you got that information? Funny that you call PS3/PC gamers "extremely hardcore nuts". Owning PCs that can game is really not that hard...

Forums  are a minority. NOwhere near majority. 

Most PC gamers play MMO's or strategy games. And of course shooters. 

PC gamers I know dont own any consoles and vice versa. 

Forums are NOT a judge of where gaming is. The hardcore die hards use forums. 

The fact that past 360/pc games where console exclusive exists in terms of sales show having PC counterparts doesnt hurt M$ sales. The first ME1 sold 360's for a month or so. Even though it was available on PC. 

We hav had this discussion on VGC 3 years ago.

Good that you mention forums are not a judge of where gaming is, because if these forums were, PC gaming would be dead.

Yeah, I know a lot of people that game on both PC and consoles...myself included

Amusing that you mentioned ME1 and clearly did not check your facts...Mass Effect wasn't available for the PC until 6 months after it released for the 360. So your example doesn't work, I'm afraid

It was knowwn before 360 release that mE1 was going to be available for PC.