pezus said:
selnor said:
pezus said:
selnor said:
pezus said:
selnor said:
pezus said:
selnor said:
Good choice for M$ to do this. The PC hardcore should be able to experience this.

2nd best game this gen.

Bravo M$. First Kinectimals on Iphone ( albeit witout Live functionality ) and of course AW on PC.

This doesnt hurt 360 sales at all, and M$ knows that. of course there are a few Extrmely hardcore nuts who own PCs that can game and PS3's. But the major majority of consol buyers arent PC gamers. And AW being console exclusive is still a swan song. It makes sense for M$ to make money off another platform where M$ are ivested.

Smart business moves lately for M$.

I'm not sure where you got that information? Funny that you call PS3/PC gamers "extremely hardcore nuts". Owning PCs that can game is really not that hard...

Forums  are a minority. NOwhere near majority. 

Most PC gamers play MMO's or strategy games. And of course shooters. 

PC gamers I know dont own any consoles and vice versa. 

Forums are NOT a judge of where gaming is. The hardcore die hards use forums. 

The fact that past 360/pc games where console exclusive exists in terms of sales show having PC counterparts doesnt hurt M$ sales. The first ME1 sold 360's for a month or so. Even though it was available on PC. 

We hav had this discussion on VGC 3 years ago.

Good that you mention forums are not a judge of where gaming is, because if these forums were, PC gaming would be dead.

Yeah, I know a lot of people that game on both PC and consoles...myself included

Amusing that you mentioned ME1 and clearly did not check your facts...Mass Effect wasn't available for the PC until 6 months after it released for the 360. So your example doesn't work, I'm afraid

It was knowwn before 360 release that mE1 was going to be available for PC. 

No, it wasn't. Sure, a lot of the hardcore were pretty confident that it would come out for the PC eventually but as you so elegantly said before, the hardcore/forum goers do not represent the gaming public.

Posted on 17-Sep-2007

Exclusively to 360 all the way?

Zeschuk: Can't really comment on that aspect yet, it's too far into the future. Thinking a year in to the future is a big challenge these days.

The law we can't control is the length of the console cycle. I hope, I hope, I hope that this cycle is longer than the last one. We kind of just got started last cycle and it kind of ended when our second game came out. Downloadable content could also bridge the gap by giving you new little islands of story between the big game releases.

______

Edit: And his comment is actually pretty funny looking back. They clearly made a deal with MS for 6 months of exclusivity

LOL. IT didnt come from Bioware.

Demiurge Studios handled the PC version. 

An employer let slip that they were workng on a PC version port 2 months before 360 version came out. 

IGN posted the article on it. 

People knew it was coming. Or those that read the internet anyways.  

Bioware went into retract mode in their comments. 

It was so funny seeing BIoware try and dodge every PC question before 360 version came out. LOL.

PC ports dont hurt 360 at all apart from the odd 100 sales. LOL.

Yeah really LOL. You just said that the internet population was not representative of the general gaming crowd. Has you opinion changed or did you just change what you said to win an argument? I remember that I didn't hear about the PC port until way after the 360 version's release and I frequent gaming sites, though I didn't go to IGN very much back then.

Generally most PC gamers will use sites. Thats my point. The internet is generally where you here of people owning more than 1 machine or PC/console.

Outside our little forums people tend to have a console they dabble in maybe 2 hours a week max. Instead go out drinking or sit up the park with some cider.

PC gamers who wanted AW or ME would have known about it as soon as. 

Around the Network
pezus said:

Generally most PC gamers will use sites. Thats my point. The internet is generally where you here of people owning more than 1 machine or PC/console.

Outside our little forums people tend to have a console they dabble in maybe 2 hours a week max. Instead go out drinking or sit up the park with some cider.

PC gamers who wanted AW or ME would have known about it as soon as. 

You're really misinformed...PC gaming isn't some sacred hardcore platform...it has many less-hardcore and casual gamers as well. The UK is not a good representation of the PC market tbh. Look at something like Germany or France if you want to see how big PC gaming can really be.

And you can also exclusively game on PC's you know

Using VGC to look at PC sales, shows even for games like DA series ect that PC would not take from console sales. 

Granted it doesnt include DL titles like Steam. But then VGC doesnt include PSN or XBL title DL either. And games like DA and AW or ME are all full title DL on XBL.

For example ME2 has sold a measily 170,000 in EU on PC. Hardly gonna affect the console wars. 

DA2 was diabolicle on PC and well every PC game is destroyed by MMO PC games. MMO is the market for sales on PC. 

Being available on PC is just not gonna affect the sales of 360 hardware or software much at all. If it does its unoticeable. 

pezus said:
selnor said:

You're really misinformed...PC gaming isn't some sacred hardcore platform...it has many less-hardcore and casual gamers as well. The UK is not a good representation of the PC market tbh. Look at something like Germany or France if you want to see how big PC gaming can really be.

And you can also exclusively game on PC's you know

Using VGC to look at PC sales, shows even for games like DA series ect that PC would not take from console sales. 

Granted it doesnt include DL titles like Steam. But then VGC doesnt include PSN or XBL title DL either. And games like DA and AW or ME are all full title DL on XBL.

For example ME2 has sold a measily 170,000 in EU on PC. Hardly gonna affect the console wars. 

DA2 was diabolicle on PC and well every PC game is destroyed by MMO PC games. MMO is the market for sales on PC. 

Being available on PC is just not gonna affect the sales of 360 hardware or software much at all. If it does its unoticeable. 

VGC tracking of PC software was really lackluster before the newest update and previously released PC games on here are in no way, shape or form tracked accurately. Of the top of my head, Portal 2 greatly outsold the console versions (even combined) if Steam sales are included. Maybe MMOs are the market for PC's in the UK but the market is so small over there it doesn't count. The rest of Europe+Asia support PC gaming much more than the english speaking nations.

I'm also pretty confident that DA:Origins sold at least as well on PC as the PS3 version, if not more than the 360 version. Look at Skyrim PC European sales for some incredible numbers week after week, without counting the very big digital sales (#1 selling on Steam almost constantly since it came out)

I'll ask in another way.

How many console sales do you tink 360 will lose with Alan Wake releasing on PC?

pezus said:
selnor said:
pezus sa

I'll ask in another way.

How many console sales do you tink 360 will lose with Alan Wake releasing on PC?

~100-500, give or take. But that wasn't my problem with your original post. Anyway, let's just finish this. The quotes are getting way too long and I need to go!

But  that is the point.

My original statement  was "this doesnt hurt M$ at all"

100 - 500 360 sales is non existant. 

This going to PC is a great move for M$. Not a bad 1. 

Xbox will continue to be the place to play M$ exclusives. If they reease them on PC to then is smart. 

It makes more money, and as you said yourself doesnt detract from 360 sales.

Who cares if Microsoft is making money, they're clearly using that money for the casual audience. I'd personally feel backstabbed if I had a 360 now. Luckily I sold it already.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Dr.Grass said:
pezus said:
Aldro said:
pezus said:
Aldro said:
Is it true this game was 560p for X360?

..So the PC is actually far superior? (asuming it runs at a higher resolution.. which wouldn't make sense if it DID not). Dayum.

It's true and even if it wasn't and it was running at 720p the PC versions resolution would still go far higher than that (if you've got the goods for it, that is ;))

And PC games are cheaper.. Man im happy I invested in a PC xD. Everyone has a PC in scandanavia anyway. And by PC I mean a comp that can handle most new games.

yup yup same here. Northern Europe knows how it's done!

The price you pay for living in a rich country is that you only see the sun 4 months of the year.

I'd rather be poor thank you very much.

HEY! The sun was shining right into my eyes while I was driving home from school today 

Was it a Christmas miracle!?

Aldro said:
Who cares if Microsoft is making money, they're clearly using that money for the casual audience. I'd personally feel backstabbed if I had a 360 now. Luckily I sold it already.

As a fan of M$ exclusives I disagree.

I dont expect you to agree with my following statement but:

I would rather play Halo, Fable, Forza and Gears over what the others have to offer. I just dont get excited about the other companies exclusives or find the gameplay as fun. 

I also like having Kinect games which my family can enjoy when friends come round. Doesnt disclude my wife and daughter.

I think the balance is perfect. 

Looking forward to Raving RAabbids Kinect at xmas. Should be huge fun.

pezus said:
Dr.Grass said:
pezus said:
Dr.Grass said:
pezus said:
Aldro said:
pezus said:
Aldro said:
Is it true this game was 560p for X360?

..So the PC is actually far superior? (asuming it runs at a higher resolution.. which wouldn't make sense if it DID not). Dayum.

It's true and even if it wasn't and it was running at 720p the PC versions resolution would still go far higher than that (if you've got the goods for it, that is ;))

And PC games are cheaper.. Man im happy I invested in a PC xD. Everyone has a PC in scandanavia anyway. And by PC I mean a comp that can handle most new games.

yup yup same here. Northern Europe knows how it's done!

The price you pay for living in a rich country is that you only see the sun 4 months of the year.

I'd rather be poor thank you very much.

HEY! The sun was shining right into my eyes while I was driving home from school today 

Was it a Christmas miracle!?

I suppose, that is if miracles blind you while driving and put you at risk for a car accident.

Maybe it was meant for someone else?

selnor said:
pezus said:
selnor said:
pezus sa

I'll ask in another way.

~100-500, give or take. But that wasn't my problem with your original post. Anyway, let's just finish this. The quotes are getting way too long and I need to go!

But  that is the point.

Xbox will continue to be the place to play M$ exclusives. If they reease them on PC to then is smart. 

Why do you keep going on about MS? This has nothing to do with MS.  Remedy are self publishing and bringing AW to Stean, not Games for Windows.  Their recent comments make it pretty clear they regret allowing MS publishing on 360 to prevent same day release of the game on PC.  MS was of course heavily involved on 360 but their involvement in PC seems zero and MS themselves aren't going to make any money from this directly so far as I can tell.

Myself I think MS saw a chance for a short term tactical move that would allow them to push AW as a 360 exclusive at the same time Heavy Rain was getting a lot of attention as a Sony exclusive, so they killed the PC release and tied Remedy to a timed exclusive contract (to be fair Remedy should perhaps have bailed out on this and simply found another publisher who would support 360/PC same day release) but the final push for the game itself seemed fairly minimal I thought - I really feel MS were more interested in the perception they were matching Sony for exclusives rather than really trying to push AW specifically.  As a result Remedy seem to be handling the PC release themselves without any major input/influence from MS.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Reasonable said:
selnor said:
pezus said:
selnor said:
pezus sa

I'll ask in another way.

But  that is the point.

Why do you keep going on about MS? This has nothing to do with MS.  Remedy are self publishing and bringing AW to Stean, not Games for Windows.  Their recent comments make it pretty clear they regret allowing MS publishing on 360 to prevent same day release of the game on PC.  MS was of course heavily involved on 360 but their involvement in PC seems zero and MS themselves aren't going to make any money from this directly so far as I can tell.

Myself I think MS saw a chance for a short term tactical move that would allow them to push AW as a 360 exclusive at the same time Heavy Rain was getting a lot of attention as a Sony exclusive, so they killed the PC release and tied Remedy to a timed exclusive contract (to be fair Remedy should perhaps have bailed out on this and simply found another publisher who would support 360/PC same day release) but the final push for the game itself seemed fairly minimal I thought - I really feel MS were more interested in the perception they were matching Sony for exclusives rather than really trying to push AW specifically.  As a result Remedy seem to be handling the PC release themselves without any major input/influence from MS.

DAMN dude you are really reasonable. No but seriously, that makes a lot of sense and it ..makes you wonder :/