By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Alan Wake confirmed for PC

Tagged games:

CGI-Quality said:
kowenicki said:

Couldnt agree more.  Lets see how it pans out.  I just think buying up studios to produce a game every year or two, or three, or more.. makes no financial sense whatsoever.  When you are cruising a generation and dominating thats fine, when you arent... it isnt.

As for Microsoft:

They seem content to have a limited number of quality exclusives spread across genres, enough to encourage a purchase.  Their model is quite clear now I would have thought.... give people a reason to buy and then get repeat income from LIVE subs and LIVE purchases.   It's working extremely well.

Both models are working, neither side has been invalidated by the other. What's more, the true impact will come next gen. Neither the 720 nor PS4 can survive on 3rd party multi-plats alone. There will have to be some incentive to pick up a new console and some form of exclusive content will do it, otherwise the system's purpose is lost. 3rd party exclusives are and will continue to go the way of the sabre tooth tiger, but 1st Party exclusives will continue to exist, and really, a company should put forth the effort to support their console.

Now most of why the 360 is where it is today is because of exclusive content (LIVE)/early exclusive game deals/shortening Sony's 3rd party exclusive resources/Sony's critical blunders regarding pricing and software. In America/UK, it's worked out for it to keep ahead, but Sony still has enough of a name around the world that Microsoft cannot just write off their exclusive offerings just because all of them aren't Gran Turismo-titans in sales numbers. They are, for the most part, successful enough to make a point and shape a brand, much in the way that Gears of War & Halo have done for Xbox.

seems opened 5 new studios and buying twisted pixel not enough,especially the 5 new studios is totally unknown,right

ok,got it,see you next year Feb or March or April

Around the Network
pezus said:
D-Joe said:
CGI-Quality said:
kowenicki said:

Couldnt agree more.  Lets see how it pans out.  I just think buying up studios to produce a game every year or two, or three, or more.. makes no financial sense whatsoever.  When you are cruising a generation and dominating thats fine, when you arent... it isnt.

As for Microsoft:

They seem content to have a limited number of quality exclusives spread across genres, enough to encourage a purchase.  Their model is quite clear now I would have thought.... give people a reason to buy and then get repeat income from LIVE subs and LIVE purchases.   It's working extremely well.

Both models are working, neither side has been invalidated by the other. What's more, the true impact will come next gen. Neither the 720 nor PS4 can survive on 3rd party multi-plats alone. There will have to be some incentive to pick up a new console and some form of exclusive content will do it, otherwise the system's purpose is lost. 3rd party exclusives are and will continue to go the way of the sabre tooth tiger, but 1st Party exclusives will continue to exist, and really, a company should put forth the effort to support their console.

Now most of why the 360 is where it is today is because of exclusive content (LIVE)/early exclusive game deals/shortening Sony's 3rd party exclusive resources/Sony's critical blunders regarding pricing and software. In America/UK, it's worked out for it to keep ahead, but Sony still has enough of a name around the world that Microsoft cannot just write off their exclusive offerings just because all of them aren't Gran Turismo-titans in sales numbers. They are, for the most part, successful enough to make a point and shape a brand, much in the way that Gears of War & Halo have done for Xbox.

seems opened 5 new studios and buying twisted pixel not enough,especially the 5 new studios is totally unknown,right

Way to misinterpret

you misunderstand what i said

this is um...well...can't say now,you will know in next spring

pezus said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:
This game releases on the PC around 2 years after it released on the X360. Way too late for it to even be worth releasing on the PC.

Are you saying the game isn't good?

I am not saying that my fellow human being. I am saying it is very long overdue. 12 months is usually a long wait but almost 2 years(24 months) is a very long wait. Hopefully it comes with extra chapters that will make the purchase worthwhile for PC owners.

Zkuq said:
Michael-5 said:
On Steam? What the heck? On Microsofts competing service?

That's odd.

You should really see this.

Does Microsoft have no faith in Games for Windows?

XBL used to be free for PC gamers (Is it still? I used to play Lost Planet Colonies free on 360)

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

CGI-Quality said:
kowenicki said:

As for Microsoft:

To be fair, Microsoft had a strong lime-up of then exclusive games 2006-2008. In 2008 many of thse exclusives went to PC, and by 2009 PS3 had a strong (maybe stronger) purely exclusive lineup. Microsoft started off really strong, and it's doing well still by offering the cheap system, and pushing Kinect.

However I don't like their tactics. I know I own a 360, but I bought it early. Just don't like the way American brands push products. Turn on the 360 now and the dashboard is full of adds. The first clickable add is to extend XBL, and not the game anymore.

and someone did a tally before. If you sum up all the pure 360 exclusives and compare them to PS3. The grand sum is higher on 360 (largely thanks to Halo and Gears pulling insane numbers).

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
pezus said:
D-Joe said:
pezus said:
D-Joe said:
CGI-Quality said:
kowenicki said:

As for Microsoft:

Way to misinterpret

you misunderstand what i said

this is um...well...can't say now,you will know in next spring

I'm pretty sure I did understand. You could explain though, if that is too much to ask, instead of the constant cryptic messages.

NDA

pezus said:

Non-disclosure agreement?

yup

Is it true this game was 560p for X360?

..So the PC is actually far superior? (asuming it runs at a higher resolution.. which wouldn't make sense if it DID not). Dayum.

pezus said:
D-Joe said:
pezus said:

yup

Why is that? Do you work in the game industry or something?

there's chance MS maybe fail
but if MS made it,you will see a game developer---bigger than like Twisted Pixel orRedLynx,but not publisher level--- become new MS first party

pezus said:
D-Joe said:
pezus said:
D-Joe said:
pezus said:

yup

Why is that? Do you work in the game industry or something?

there's chance MS maybe fail
but if MS made it,you will see a game developer---bigger than like Twisted Pixel orRedLynx,but not publisher level--- become new MS first party

How do you know? Are you going off a rumour or do you know that as a fact?

secret source