By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Alan Wake confirmed for PC

Tagged games:

Well, this and Vesperia were the only titles on Xbox I really wanted to play. Great news for me.

Around the Network
zarx said:
D-Joe said:

well english not even my second language...

you just tell me when will PC become last generation?

PC doesn't really have generations so never...

The closest thing would probably be OS versions but that doesn't really work. 

Anyway I find it really sad that the most popular PC thread on the board right now is just console fans arguing... 

OT: I will probably pick this game up it always looked interesting, I hope that they include the DLC and it isn't a half arse port. Considering it started life as a PC exclusive I would think that they did some work on the engine for PC.

wans't AW PC include DLC according to the interview

or you mean free DLC(it sounds crazy if you still need to pay for DLC)

D-Joe said:
zarx said:
D-Joe said:

well english not even my second language...

you just tell me when will PC become last generation?

PC doesn't really have generations so never...

The closest thing would probably be OS versions but that doesn't really work. 

Anyway I find it really sad that the most popular PC thread on the board right now is just console fans arguing... 

OT: I will probably pick this game up it always looked interesting, I hope that they include the DLC and it isn't a half arse port. Considering it started life as a PC exclusive I would think that they did some work on the engine for PC.

wans't AW PC include DLC according to the interview

or you mean free DLC(it sounds crazy if you still need to pay for DLC)

They said it would be day and date but they hadn't decided if they are charging for it yet, I think considering the delay the game should be a budget release and/or include the DLC. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Not surprising since most every 3rd party exclusive turns into a multiplat. I wouldn't be surprised if it was announced for the PS3 soon as well.

Oh well at least MS has Halo, Forza, a bit of Fable/Gears and a multitude of Kinect games for exclusives

pezus said:
D-Joe said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
Great Game, I hope this makes Alan Wake more popular which would result in Alan Wake2

Anybody using this as an excuse about 1 less reason to get a 360 bullshit is a troll and must not have noticed what console has been on the top of the sales charts this holiday reason.....woot!

that made no sense whatsoever.

What doesnt? Those who seem to have that mentality where never going to buy an xbox to begin with , so in my opinion is a troll post

no it really isn't. I think few here including djoe are being a bit too paranoid here. Alan Wake is one of those gaming experiences that really stands out as being 'unique' from the xbox exclusive line up and many people look at it as one of the best exclusives the system had. If you don't care much for halo or gears this, at least imho is one of the best reasons to want an xbox. but now, IF you have a pc that can play it, one of the reasons to want a xbox could be without a doubt lost for some.

go back to page 1&2 and say again

he just don't care about this is good news for PC gamer,he just coming to troll

and he even throw some flame in this thread

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=137755&page=1#

You always hold the weirdest grudges against some posters. Just let it go man.

until i die

Around the Network
osamanobama said:
D-Joe said:
Aldro said:
chapset said:
Aldro said:
chapset said:
so it's exclusive to the 360 then

Exclusive to the 360 when you dont need a 360 to play it. Logic..

isn't how it works?? pc+360 = exclusive to 360 ??

See the reply above me. Dc Universe being the only mmo on console is PS3/PC. I don't call it for an exclusives. Who the hell says Mass effect is an HD exclusive just because the Wii doesnt have it? Exclusitivity in my words are limited to one area of experience. If one game can be experienced on more than ONE platform, the term should not be used as it is a lie innmy opinion.

sony say no

is Modnation racers: road trip on any other system but the Vita. NOPE

is LBP Vita on any other system not named Vita. NOPE

both those games are very much exclusive, in every sense of the word.

they are not the same game as on PS3 or PSP.

is LBP  isn't    LBP2   isn't   LBP PSP   isn't   LBP Vita

Modnation Racers on PS3 is not Modnation racers PSP is not Modnation Racers Vita

they arent even the same game. by that logic any game in any series is the same game.

i dont know what you are hung up about. why such hostilities and defensiveness, especially towards aldro.

Alan Wake 360  IS    Alan Wake PC. they ARE the same game.

actually i believe the PSP version is the same as the PS3 version for MNRs, same track same story, only difference is it has alot less options and none of the DLC stuff

D-Joe said:
osamanobama said:
enrageorange said:
oniyide said:
enrageorange said:
Aldro said:
chapset said:
Aldro said:
chapset said:

See the reply above me. Dc Universe being the only mmo on console is PS3/PC. I don't call it for an exclusives. Who the hell says Mass effect is an HD exclusive just because the Wii doesnt have it? Exclusitivity in my words are limited to one area of experience. If one game can be experienced on more than ONE platform, the term should not be used as it is a lie innmy opinion.

ok how about this. The psp got a bunch of playstation 1 games as ports. The psp vita is going to get a bunch of ps2 games as ports. Psp super vita will get a bunch of ps3 games as ports. Thus the ps3 will have no exclusives. So why did you buy a ps3? To play the games earlier, just like 360 owners get to enjoy some of their games earlier then when they get ported to the PC.

this made no sense whatsover. How long ago did PS1 released, how long after did PSP come out? Years!! Hell the store didnt get up to snuff until much later in the PSP lifetime. No different than all those GBA ports. THe only difference between this and ALan Wake is that it is still in the same gen. Why does it bother people so much?

it makes perfect sense... People said all you have to do to get 360 exclusives without buying a 360 is wait. The exact same can be said about playstation 3 exclusives. The wait is just longer. Who defines how much time must pass for a game to truely be exclusive. 2 years? 5 years? 10 years? The psp has already gotten some ps2 ports and guess what the ps2 is still selling. The psp vita will no doubt start getting ps3 ports before the ps3 is done selling. Your the one who seems to be bothered the most about my statement since it makes perfect sense but goes against your agenda of trying to bash the 360 for losing an exclusive years after it came out.

And btw the Alan wake port is coming out after the 3ds, psp vita, and probably wii U have already come out. Its already the next gen. Microsoft is just joining it late this time like sony and nintendo did last time. 

like what? what PS3 exclusive came to another platform.

i mean im pretty darn sure 99.9% of ps3 exclusives will only be for ps3 and only be able to be played on PS3 (except for being able to stream them to the Vita, and with backwards compatibility on the PS4).

this is different. this is the same game, being made on 2 different platforms in the same generation.

well i can pretty sure you can play PS3 exclusives on other platform,just maybe 5 or 10 years later

and there is some PS3 exclusives going to mutilplatform before release,thats why we can't see much PS3 exclusives going to mutilplatform after release...oh wait there is Wii U

btw when PC become last generation?is AW PC get Mac version?

yeah because people are really going to wait that long for a port of a game that MIGHT come out on a system that does not EXIST yet. Real smart

LMAO you have inside info?? THe specs for WII U arent even known, you know for a fact that there will be PS3 exclusives going to WII U??? LOL can you name them?? I would love to know

oniyide said:
D-Joe said:
osamanobama said:
enrageorange said:
oniyide said:
enrageorange said:
Aldro said:
chapset said:
Aldro said:
chapset said:

ok how about this. The psp got a bunch of playstation 1 games as ports. The psp vita is going to get a bunch of ps2 games as ports. Psp super vita will get a bunch of ps3 games as ports. Thus the ps3 will have no exclusives. So why did you buy a ps3? To play the games earlier, just like 360 owners get to enjoy some of their games earlier then when they get ported to the PC.

this made no sense whatsover. How long ago did PS1 released, how long after did PSP come out? Years!! Hell the store didnt get up to snuff until much later in the PSP lifetime. No different than all those GBA ports. THe only difference between this and ALan Wake is that it is still in the same gen. Why does it bother people so much?

it makes perfect sense... People said all you have to do to get 360 exclusives without buying a 360 is wait. The exact same can be said about playstation 3 exclusives. The wait is just longer. Who defines how much time must pass for a game to truely be exclusive. 2 years? 5 years? 10 years? The psp has already gotten some ps2 ports and guess what the ps2 is still selling. The psp vita will no doubt start getting ps3 ports before the ps3 is done selling. Your the one who seems to be bothered the most about my statement since it makes perfect sense but goes against your agenda of trying to bash the 360 for losing an exclusive years after it came out.

And btw the Alan wake port is coming out after the 3ds, psp vita, and probably wii U have already come out. Its already the next gen. Microsoft is just joining it late this time like sony and nintendo did last time. 

i mean im pretty darn sure 99.9% of ps3 exclusives will only be for ps3 and only be able to be played on PS3 (except for being able to stream them to the Vita, and with backwards compatibility on the PS4).

this is different. this is the same game, being made on 2 different platforms in the same generation.

well i can pretty sure you can play PS3 exclusives on other platform,just maybe 5 or 10 years later

and there is some PS3 exclusives going to mutilplatform before release,thats why we can't see much PS3 exclusives going to mutilplatform after release...oh wait there is Wii U

yeah because people are really going to wait that long for a port of a game that MIGHT come out on a system that does not EXIST yet. Real smart

LMAO you have inside info?? THe specs for WII U arent even known, you know for a fact that there will be PS3 exclusives going to WII U??? LOL can you name them?? I would love to know

port?no need to port actually...hope you know later

you think Wii U spec same like Wii or what,and why i said there is Wii U because some company like NBGI(tales,idol master,etc) love to do that,yeah maybe not exclusives,maybe some 360 exclusives port to PS3 then port again to Wii U...this is NBGI.and why you just notice Wii U in this line?

wait,why you even know what i am talking about

D-Joe said:
oniyide said:
D-Joe said:
osamanobama said:
enrageorange said:
oniyide said:
enrageorange said:
Aldro said:
chapset said:
Aldro said:
chapset said:

you think Wii U spec same like Wii or what,and why i said there is Wii U because some company like NBGI(tales,idol master,etc) love to do that,yeah maybe not exclusives,maybe some 360 exclusives port to PS3 then port again to Wii U...this is NBGI.and why you just notice Wii U in this line?

Dude, your the one that brought up WII U, im not saying the specs will suck all im saying is we barely have any info on the system itself, but you're saying that PS3 exclusives will go to the system??? NBGI??? Who cares, did they tell you that they were going to start porting games over to WII U that were PS3 exclusive?? Hell are any of the Tales games exclusive at all??  Again i ask which games are being ported?? Otherwise you're just blowing hot air.

oniyide said:
D-Joe said:
oniyide said:
D-Joe said:
osamanobama said:
enrageorange said:
oniyide said:
enrageorange said:
Aldro said:
chapset said:
Aldro said:
chapset said:

Dude, your the one that brought up WII U, im not saying the specs will suck all im saying is we barely have any info on the system itself, but you're saying that PS3 exclusives will go to the system??? NBGI??? Who cares, did they tell you that they were going to start porting games over to WII U that were PS3 exclusive?? Hell are any of the Tales games exclusive at all??  Again i ask which games are being ported?? Otherwise you're just blowing hot air.

i blowing hot air?wat?huh?did i said it must porting to Wii U?i said there is Wii U because there is chance,but again did said it must porting to Wii U?

and Xillia is PS3 exclusive,at least right now,thats why i bought this game for 60 US$ then beat the game few days later then sold it for 56 US$,NBGI lying too many times,they can't be trust