By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Double Standards in Gaming?

Tagged games:

Does it make any sense for people to judge on a game not released?Reason I ask is because I was on YouTube today watching The Last of Us exclusive trailer when my eye caught a WHOLE bunch of comments saying this is just going to be a nother zombie game.

Someone even had the audacity to say "Naughty Dog has been shit since day 1 this is going to be a lame zombie game and its unoriginal.Guys don't waste your time it's going to be another zombie game nothing new here."

Does this make any sense?It's like me saying the gaming market is filled with FPS.Not to mention its also liek me saying there are to many games with humans in them.The gaming market is filled with humans as the main character.

Gamers and their double standards why?

Around the Network

Didn't you know? YouTube is where trolls have their family reunions.

Signature goes here!

People make assumptions based on base concept, minor character details, cutscenes and developer history. I don't personally believe that The Last of Us will be a revolution in gaming or the best game of the generation but knowing the developer and their history, I think its safe to say that the game will at the very least be solid.
Then again, brilliant developers may well make unsatisfying or even poor games (Bioware, Bethesda and Square Enix are prime examples here).
Hmm, the moral of the story must be along the lines of the OP, I agree with you, one simply cannot base a game simply on short previews, and that goes doubly for new franchises as opposed to sequels.

Rule 1)
Haters gonna hate

Rule 2)
Youtube comments are never to be taken seriously. Ever

There are a good deal of double standards in this industry to be dealt with, but your quandary is easily explicable in these two rules

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Have to agree with others, youtube comments are filled with trolls.

Around the Network

Well, if people are allowed to get excited over small details/only a preview video, I guess that means people are allowed to be skeptical too if they so choose.

Not gunna lie, considering this is Naughty Dog, it will probably be a good game, but those other people do raise valid points. There are already plenty of zombie game son the market (Resident Evil, Dead Nation, Undead Nightmare, Dead Island, Dead Rising, I bet I forgot some) so ND has to make this somewhat different.

I'm excited for this game, but I'm not going to claim its GOTY or the greatest thing ever until I see some gameplay/play a demo.

Also, yes, you would be correct in saying that the market is filled with FPS.

EDIT: Oh yeah and everyone else is correct, I don't think I've ever seen an intelligent comment made on a youtube video.  People are usually hilariously misinformed.  On one of The Last of Us videos some guy was yelling at the other that this game will be awesome because ND's last game, Uncharted 3, sold 4 million copies on day 1.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

In recent years has there not been an explosion in zombie popularity, games and movies?

I have no idea what you mean with double standards here though.

Welcome tooooooooooooooo the internet! =D

I thought this was going to be a Skyrim/Bethesda topic.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I was hoping for this to be a Vita thread where journalists complain about price while typing up a new article on their iPads.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!