By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Confirmed: Ueda has left Sony

Wow, this is actually a pretty big deal for Sony.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:
Hynad said:
PullusPardus said:
Jay520 said:
Ueda, just like consumers, have failed Sony.

Sony failed Ueda, did you see how much they give a fuck about SCEJ and SCEE ? , only thing Sony cares about is SCEA 

How do you come up with that conclusion?

For all we know, Ueda may be very difficult to work with, and he sure can't respect schedules.

Maybe because SCEJ isn't just Ueda and there are other developers in SCEJ that are getting bad treatment, also how come SCEE always get their "REAL" project cancelled, because Sony want them to focus on creating shovelware so that they don't "Waste" their money on them (they cancelled Getaway and other projects because they want to focus their money on SCEA games) , as for SCEJ they cancelled a LOT of games (i think over 6 games) because they didn't get any help with funding, i didn't just come up with that conclusion

I mostly agree with a lot of this. Ive been really sad that games like the Getaway 3 and Eight Days never made it out. They said the games were'nt canceled just on hold but they have been doing singstar (waste of time imo) and eyepet. Which is alright i suppose but the kids in my family dont really care for it. But only thing i can say in sony's defense is maybe the games they were considering doing were not really worth doing, didnt appeal to a large audience, or just were not smart business decisions. SCEA games probably are the smartest games to fund simply because they are here in the Us and usually appeal more to over here. But it deffinitly sucks its almost like a Microsoft and Rare situation its sad. Atleast they still have someone to sign their checks and hopefully give them a good oppertunity in the near future. 

It'd be scary to see the content all these studios could pump out if they were given the chance.

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!

Who?

JamaicameCRAZY said:
PullusPardus said:
Hynad said:
PullusPardus said:
Jay520 said:

Sony failed Ueda, did you see how much they give a fuck about SCEJ and SCEE ? , only thing Sony cares about is SCEA 

For all we know, Ueda may be very difficult to work with, and he sure can't respect schedules.

Maybe because SCEJ isn't just Ueda and there are other developers in SCEJ that are getting bad treatment, also how come SCEE always get their "REAL" project cancelled, because Sony want them to focus on creating shovelware so that they don't "Waste" their money on them (they cancelled Getaway and other projects because they want to focus their money on SCEA games) , as for SCEJ they cancelled a LOT of games (i think over 6 games) because they didn't get any help with funding, i didn't just come up with that conclusion

I mostly agree with a lot of this. Ive been really sad that games like the Getaway 3 and Eight Days never made it out. They said the games were'nt canceled just on hold but they have been doing singstar (waste of time imo) and eyepet. Which is alright i suppose but the kids in my family dont really care for it. But only thing i can say in sony's defense is maybe the games they were considering doing were not really worth doing, didnt appeal to a large audience, or just were not smart business decisions. SCEA games probably are the smartest games to fund simply because they are here in the Us and usually appeal more to over here. But it deffinitly sucks its almost like a Microsoft and Rare situation its sad. Atleast they still have someone to sign their checks and hopefully give them a good oppertunity in the near future. 

It'd be scary to see the content all these studios could pump out if they were given the chance.

Getaway and Eight Days drama is still going on ?

Both looked like crap so who cares ?

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi said:
JamaicameCRAZY said:
PullusPardus said:
Hynad said:
PullusPardus said:
Jay520 said:

The Getaway on PS2 were very unique , i don't care about Eight Days since it looks like Uncharted, i also don't care about Agent (like most Ps3 fans do) , but i'm talking about the studios in general. especially SCEJ , Legend Of Dragoon anyone? 

Around the Network
Zlejedi said:
JamaicameCRAZY said:
PullusPardus said:
Hynad said:
PullusPardus said:
Jay520 said:

Im not saying they are still being worked on just they didnt scrap project.

And i loved the getaway and eight days got a lot of people excited back in the day.

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!