By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect 3 VGA Footage. Can Not Wait

Carl2291 said:

Is this a dedicated Mass Effect 3 VGA gameplay trailer thread. Where we can discuss it? Good.

We get a short video to start it.

*30 Seconds of Gameplay starts here*

James "Not a generic space marine" Vega shouts "Holy Shit" while Shepard runs.

Shepard tells everyone to stay in cover. Shepard proceeds to run towards a Reaper, rolling to dodge lasers and a Reaper foot.

Shepard runs past a couple of enemies.

Shepard runs towards a button.

A to Awesome.

*30 Seconds of Gameplay ends here*

Video of a Thresher Maw attacking a Reaper, Vega and Garrus sharing the exact same movements, Shepard doing some big cool jump.

Here are some gifs for people to use, from GAF.

Really?

I can think of a few games praised heavvily on this site that have far less gameplay than Mass Effect and more interuptions that get HUGE praise on this site including by you.

Onne even as around 6 hours gmeplay and about 12 hours movie. 

I wont go into them for fear of CERTAIN derailmant of this thread.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

Is this a dedicated Mass Effect 3 VGA gameplay trailer thread. Where we can discuss it? Good.

We get a short video to start it.

*30 Seconds of Gameplay starts here*

James "Not a generic space marine" Vega shouts "Holy Shit" while Shepard runs.

Shepard tells everyone to stay in cover. Shepard proceeds to run towards a Reaper, rolling to dodge lasers and a Reaper foot.

Shepard runs past a couple of enemies.

Shepard runs towards a button.

A to Awesome.

*30 Seconds of Gameplay ends here*

Video of a Thresher Maw attacking a Reaper, Vega and Garrus sharing the exact same movements, Shepard doing some big cool jump.

Here are some gifs for people to use, from GAF.

At the risk of getting drawn into this:

One thing I did appreciate about this video was the cut between the Reaper claw coming down and Shepard going over to hit the box. There is, without question, a lot that happens between those two moments, but most people watching the trailer won't notice the cut and will be surprised when they get to that part.

But I play Vanguard so I don't anticipate needing to run so much, anyway.

selnor said:

Really?

I can think of a few games praised heavvily on this site that have far less gameplay than Mass Effect and more interuptions that get HUGE praise on this site including by you.

Onne even as around 6 hours gmeplay and about 12 hours movie. 

I wont go into them for fear of CERTAIN derailmant of this thread.

You don't need to explain or name names, I know which games you're talking about. No need to derail, you name those names and we both know what'll end up happening

My point is - It's a bad gameplay trailer.

Khuutra said:

One thing I did appreciate about this video was the cut between the Reaper claw coming down and Shepard going over to hit the box. There is, without question, a lot that happens between those two moments, but most people watching the trailer won't notice the cut and will be surprised when they get to that part.

Nothing to be drawn into really. I'm not arguing with people here haha, I noticed the cut too by the way. Probably done to stop certain spoilers.

Maybe if they didn't cut that part out, the trailer would have actually had something I liked other than "run here, do that". I never played Vanguard, but isn't the whole point of it getting up close to enemies with a Shotgun or something? I seem to remember a trailer for ME2 where the Vanguards main Biotic power was to charge in close?

Carl2291 said:
Khuutra said:

Nothing to be drawn into really. I'm not arguing with people here haha, I noticed the cut too by the way. Probably done to stop certain spoilers.

Maybe if they didn't cut that part out, the trailer would have actually had something I liked other than "run here, do that". I never played Vanguard, but isn't the whole point of it getting up close to enemies with a Shotgun or something? I seem to remember a trailer for ME2 where the Vanguards main Biotic power was to charge in close?

Yeah. Honestly, it's the best class for just that reason. An effective Vanguard build is about becoming a teleporting shotgun tornado, since you get so many damage bonuses at point blank. Every single enemy in that trailer? I'd have killed them and kept moving in only slightly more time than it took that Shepard to just run past them.

If you played Soldier - the worstest class - I can understand why you didn't have much fun.

Around the Network

The series now seems to have turned fully into a 3rd person action shooter. As anticipated, sadly.
Is the sequence good looking? Hell yes. Does this appear to be a solid roleplaying experience? Hell no. Bioware, what has become of you?!

Mummelmann said:
The series now seems to have turned fully into a 3rd person action shooter. As anticipated, sadly.
Is the sequence good looking? Hell yes. Does this appear to be a solid roleplaying experience? Hell no. Bioware, what has become of you?!

You know you're blowing this one out of proportion. It's a trailer tailor-made for the VGAs, we're lucky it wasn't just one long explosion.

Im probably gonna play through ME and ME2 sometime within the next 3 Months.

What would you suggest I play as, Khuutra? Other than the obvious FemShep.

Carl2291 said:
Im probably gonna play through ME and ME2 sometime within the next 3 Months.

What would you suggest I play as, Khuutra? Other than the obvious FemShep.

Pistols are the most DPS-efficient weapon in the first game so it doesn't matter what you play as. I would recommend something with biotics - Sentinel, Vanguard, or Adept are all good. Go for more tech-oriented if you want to bring along Liara, since she's a monster anyway who can be left to her own devices (she's the only character whose powers I don't actively manage). If you have a high enough level profile to carry over into a new start, give your squadmates the highest level of explosive ammo available with the most powerful single-shot guns they can hold. They won't fire too often, but every time they do and it kills the enemy (fairly often on Medium and lower, which is where the first game should be played to avoid tedium) the enemy goes rocketing around as if they were shot out of a cannon. It's great.

Seriously give your squadmates high explosive ammo.

Second game? Avoid Soldier and Engineer, if possible. Adept is the only single-focus class I'd play as, and that only with an implicit understanding of the Warp Bomb (which is the ability to make persistent biotic effects like Pull and Singularities explode with a Warp, which is the most devastating power in the game). Sentinel is good for a first-time Insanity runthrough, but the most fun classes by far are Infiltrator and Vanguard.

It depends on the kind of playstyle you want ot use. Infiltrator is good for distance and Vanguard is good for close quarters. You will spend almost no time in cover as a Vanguard, and will use health packs more often. Vanguard actually gains advantages in Veteran and Insanity, because when all enemies have protection it means they don't go flying when you charge them - a double-edged sword in that they aren't staggered for as long, but it gives you the opportunity to one-shot them at point-blank (you have to actually move closer to them after the charge because of the stagger effect), and your Inferno Ammo will allow for crowd control because of its "oh shit I'm on fire" area effect, which is more noticeable on shotguns.

You can freestyle an Infiltrator and be pretty effective. It depends on if you want to shotgun or to snipe.

If you have to play a Soldier - actually, just don't.

Sentinels are great in that they're tanks, Warp Bomb even more effectively than Adepts (wonderful synergy with Jack and Samara), and are monsters if you give them shotguns.

If you play Vanguard I recommend bringing over a level 60 save file so you are level 5 from the start. Max out your Charge first (Heavy Charge), then level your class (Champion), then level to Inferno Ammo. Everything after that is gravy. Do not bother with any ammo powers as your bonus; Inferno is the only ammo a Vanguard will ever need.

If you have the Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC (you should), take Stasis as your bonus power. It feels a bit cheap sometimes, but it's far and away the best loyalty power in the game.

*cough*

Erm

Yeah I'd say play Vanguard in both, just don't forget that high explosives ammo for your squad in the first game

Im gonna save that post. Thats a great post.

I haven't played either game since ME2 came out, ME about a Month before. I never did the Shadow Broker DLC due to falling out with the game... Apparently its great though, Ill certainly look into it if I can get back into the game itself.

Im probably gonna go Vanguard. I always had a great team in ME too, with the high explosive ammo. The problem I had with that was the achievements for harder difficulties. The game wouldnt give me them!

Anyway. Thanks!