By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect 3 VGA Footage. Can Not Wait

the problem with the entire mass effect series is its linear and its always too short.
definitely NOT getting it on release. $60 for a 20 hour game(that is including just about every side quest) is a terrible deal.
the story and setting in mass effect are great
but its just a terrible value, and next to gameplay value is the most important part of the game.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Im gonna save that post. Thats a great post.

I haven't played either game since ME2 came out, ME about a Month before. I never did the Shadow Broker DLC due to falling out with the game... Apparently its great though, Ill certainly look into it if I can get back into the game itself.

Im probably gonna go Vanguard. I always had a great team in ME too, with the high explosive ammo. The problem I had with that was the achievements for harder difficulties. The game wouldnt give me them!

Anyway. Thanks!

Khuutra is the man!

I'll add this to his excellent post.

usrevenge said:
the problem with the entire mass effect series is its linear and its always too short.
definitely NOT getting it on release. $60 for a 20 hour game(that is including just about every side quest) is a terrible deal.
but its just a terrible value, and next to gameplay value is the most important part of the game.

Just about everything you stated is factually wrong.  Troll elsewhere.

Cannot wait for Mass Effect 3 indeed

Darth Tigris said:
usrevenge said:

Hmm, I completed both games in under 20 hours, doing all the quests I could find within reason. (I didn't do the Mako crap after doing it once in ME1, nor the planet scanning snooze in ME2)

The story and setting are great, nothing factually wrong with that?

Mass Effect games are pretty short. In comparison my first play through of DA: Origins was 48 hours, and I just sank over 80 hours into Skyrim.

I hope ME3 will be more like the first one, less shooter, more rpg, less character recruiting, more story.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
Darth Tigris said:
usrevenge said:

Hmm, I completed both games in under 20 hours, doing all the quests I could find within reason. (I didn't do the Mako crap after doing it once in ME1, nor the planet scanning snooze in ME2)

Mass Effect games are pretty short. In comparison my first play through of DA: Origins was 48 hours, and I just sank over 80 hours into Skyrim.

I hope ME3 will be more like the first one, less shooter, more rpg, less character recruiting, more story.

Unless you put it on the easiest difficulty and skipped almost all of the dialogue and side quests, there is no way you completed the games that quickly (and your comment makes it obvious you're not talking about the initial playthroughs .....).  'Within reason' is about the most subjective justification for blowing off side quests in an RPG that I've ever heard. 

Plus saying a 20 hour game is short is simply ridiculous, especially as how that is longer than the overwhelming majority of games out there AND ME games have among the highest replay value of any other games out there to due to all of the different options (genders, classes, decisions, etc).

I've played through both games 3 times and the quickest I ever did was 35 hours, and that's not with all of the sidequests completed.  ME2 was consistently 40+.  I will never understand those that complain about a game being short yet do everything possible to rush through it.  Especially RPG's.  I stand by original charge of trolling.

Excellent post Darth.

Darth Tigris said:
SvennoJ said:
Darth Tigris said:
usrevenge said:

Unless you put it on the easiest difficulty and skipped almost all of the dialogue and side quests, there is no way you completed the games that quickly (and your comment makes it obvious you're not talking about the initial playthroughs .....).  'Within reason' is about the most subjective justification for blowing off side quests in an RPG that I've ever heard. 

Plus saying a 20 hour game is short is simply ridiculous, especially as how that is longer than the overwhelming majority of games out there AND ME games have among the highest replay value of any other games out there to due to all of the different options (genders, classes, decisions, etc).

I've played through both games 3 times and the quickest I ever did was 35 hours, and that's not with all of the sidequests completed.  ME2 was consistently 40+.  I will never understand those that complain about a game being short yet do everything possible to rush through it.  Especially RPG's.  I stand by original charge of trolling.

Different playstyle. I don't care much about the shooting, so yes I played it on easy and went through the combat parts as quick as possible. Hence my disappointment in ME2, since there was even more combat. I did not skip any dialogue, that's the part I like. And I took my time exploring the citadel and other locations. I did skip sidequests involving the Mako however. (is what I meant with within reason, that thing did not behave rationally)

A 20 hour game is maybe not short for a shooter but it is for an RPG. I played DA: origins on easy as well, also not all that interested in the combat, yet that still took almost 50 hours. Maybe I missed a whole load of stuff? As far as I know I talked to everyone I saw.

Can anyone elaborate on this whole either or, action story rpg thing? Kinda sounds bad but I haven't heard it straight from the horse's mouth. I mean more action, more roleplaying options is great, but limiting and omitting content so that it's an either or scenario....am I understanding this wrong? Please say yes.

pezus said:
My friend completed Mass Effect 1 in 13 hours and I in 19 hours for the first time. I completed ME2 in about 29 hours. And how can you say this is the best trilogy if the third game isn't even out? What if it epically flops like Dragon Age 2?

My thoughts exactly.But that's selnor for you .