By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS First year* report card: What would you give it?

Tagged games:

What's your grade for the 3DS?

A+ (95-100) It changed my life! 30 12.24%

A (90-94) It's a great console! 55 22.45%

B+ (85-89) Very good. Room to improve. 78 31.84%

B (80-84) No complaints. 21 8.57%

C+ (75-79) Not bad but no... 31 12.65%

C (70-74) Maybe if somebody gave me one...... 10 4.08%

D (69-60) If that's what... 9 3.67%

F (59-0) It's garbage, son! 11 4.49%

Total:245

C+ or B- The launch itself wasn't too bad, but after that we had five months of nothing but Ocarina of Time and Dead or Alive. Things have picked up since September, what with a medley of major releases, online improvements, and system updates you actually want, but the fact that so many of the games are remakes and ports doesn't do any special favors, despite relatively good 3rd party support. Plus, the lack of new IPs other than Pushmo, though not entirely its fault, is no boon to the system. Not bad for the first year, but still a first year.

Give it another three months, during which time we should get new retail titles like Resident Evil and Luigi's Mansion/Kid Icarus along with downloadable titles like Mutant Mudds and Mighty Switch Force, and it should be at least a solid B.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network

I'd say a B, not bad but not excellet either. There are some things that need obvious improvements like the Internet browser. Putting the rocky start aside, the console has a prominent future with potentially good games.

HappySqurriel said:
C+ ... Disappointing beginning with a strong finish, overall earned a passing grade but there is significant room for improvement.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

C: not fitting it with two sticks since launch is a terrible mistake, when they'll add the second, thanks to the current success, there will already be a large user base with just one stick, and even if a clunky second stick add-on is available, it's clunky and SW houses aren't sure about its adoption, so they'll mostly play safe and the second stick will receive the same support as WMPlus on Wii, that is almost nonexistent. Also, the main screen could be bigger, 5" would be fine.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I give it an A. It got of to a slow start,but what new game system hasn't. I have supermario land,zelda and starfox. I also plan on getting mario kart pretty soon. It's the only handheld system that i've really gotten into and it will probably be the last system that I ever buy.

Around the Network

I wanted to participant with this poll but seeing that I don't own a 3DS I really can't say much. So I gave it a solid "B" since I don't have any complaints with it except one, and that's the fact I don't have one...hehe.

You know, somewhere around launch, people were complaining about the top screen being scratched by the bottom screen. Was that legit? I know my top screen would get smudged by the bottom screen but the lines that looked like scratches have always wiped off. My 3DS has been treated roughly by some people and it cleans up to look good as new--it doesn't have a single scratch!

Another example of the interweb fabricating a problem or a true design problem? Anybody?

d21lewis said:
You know, somewhere around launch, people were complaining about the top screen being scratched by the bottom screen. Was that legit? I know my top screen would get smudged by the bottom screen but the lines that looked like scratches have always wiped off. My 3DS has been treated roughly by some people and it cleans up to look good as new--it doesn't have a single scratch!

Another example of the interweb fabricating a problem or a true design problem? Anybody?

Mine got scratched pretty bad. I think I'm going to send it to Nintendo to get it fixed during finals week.

C+

Rocky start, late year comeback. Great 1st year games worth buying. Still waiting for resdesign for my purchase.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I thinked the first year ended in march...

Spiders den are not for men.

My gaming channel: Stefano and the Spiders.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MultiSpider87?feature=mhum