By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS First year* report card: What would you give it?

Tagged games:

What's your grade for the 3DS?

A+ (95-100) It changed my life! 30 12.24%

A (90-94) It's a great console! 55 22.45%

B+ (85-89) Very good. Room to improve. 78 31.84%

B (80-84) No complaints. 21 8.57%

C+ (75-79) Not bad but no... 31 12.65%

C (70-74) Maybe if somebody gave me one...... 10 4.08%

D (69-60) If that's what... 9 3.67%

F (59-0) It's garbage, son! 11 4.49%

Total:245

b

Around the Network
KylieDog said:

[...]

Oh, and the region lock.

[...]

I almost forgot this. I must downgrade it from C to F, region lock isn't acceptable in general, even less on a portable.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Why you people are whining on region lock, Nintendo is the only one that not only talks when the topic is Piracy, they said months before the launch that it will have region lock for that reason, and everybody was "f the hacker, f the crackers" and after the launch "the region lock it's just stupid".

No it's clever, it's for keeping the ones the buy a game like feeling not a usless thing.

Oh, and don't compare the 3DS to Home Consoles, please don't.

Spiders den are not for men.

My gaming channel: Stefano and the Spiders.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MultiSpider87?feature=mhum

Now that the superb list of 10 Ambassador GBA games is out, I would change my vote from a B+ to an A.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Araknie said:
Why you people are whining on region lock, Nintendo is the only one that not only talks when the topic is Piracy, they said months before the launch that it will have region lock for that reason, and everybody was "f the hacker, f the crackers" and after the launch "the region lock it's just stupid".

No it's clever, it's for keeping the ones the buy a game like feeling not a usless thing.

Totally wrong, region lock is totally useless against piracy, although it's often dishonestly explained as having that purpose: its true purpose is protectionism. It's also used for regional censorship. And on a portable it's fucking stupid and obnoxious, people use them also travelling, and they' should have the right to be sure that wherever they buy a game it will work. Intelligent people don't feel protected, but cheated by region lock, and don't let the industry brainwash them about it.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
Alby_da_Wolf said:
Araknie said:

Totally wrong, region lock is totally useless against piracy, although it's often dishonestly explained as having that purpose: its true purpose is protectionism. It's also used for regional censorship. And on a portable it's fucking stupid and obnoxious, people use them also travelling, and they' should have the right to be sure that wherever they buy a game it will work. Intelligent people don't feel protected, but cheated by region lock, and don't let the industry brainwash them about it.

It's only your feelings, not mine.

Araknie said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
Araknie said:

It's only your feelings, not mine.

Even if it's subjective, people not accepting region lock don't damage those that don't mind it, while if enough people that don't mind it accept it and so producers get away with it, those that for any reason would be damaged by region lock, are actually damaged. The thing is not symmetric. And, again, region lock does nothing against piracy, it just damages and reduce the freedom of honest buyers. Anyway, as long as there are platforms WITHOUT region lock, I'll just avoid those that have it, but I will feel threatened until region lock will finally become so unpopular and stupidly obnoxious for people's needs that most people won't consider it acceptable anymore, and luckily portable platforms, globalization and greater ease of travel around the world all push against region lock. And turds like Reggie that block games ports and releases in their regions just help making that day closer.

Obnoxious eh?

Sure you don't have a 3DS? I heard that a lot in Tales of the Abyss.

C+.

Though I do not personally own this device, I have played a significant amount of it on my friend's, so I feel I can make a sound judgement on it. I feel that it's too clunky and that the oh-so-popular refreshed "slimmer, lighter, better battery and enhanced 3D version" will bump it up a grade. When I play it, I just feel that it's too bulky. Additionally, I think Nintendo needs to stabilize the 3D so that the "sweet spot" of it isn't so sensitive to lose. It's still young, so I won't criticize its game library.

It has great potential for improvement.

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"