By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 - THE OFFICIAL THREAD! - Now with DLC Trailer on newest Post!

brendude13 said:
VXIII said:
Just got my copy. the Pal logo boxart looked better so I picked it over the one with Lightning on it, kinda excited to start it soon ^^

Where from :O?

How did you get it so soon?

So soon? , today is the official release date in the US !?

Anyhow, our local stores import games from all over the world so you get any version you want easily , they usually break the official release date by a week or so ^^

3rd world countries FTW :p

Around the Network
VXIII said:
brendude13 said:
VXIII said:
Just got my copy. the Pal logo boxart looked better so I picked it over the one with Lightning on it, kinda excited to start it soon ^^

Where from :O?

How did you get it so soon?

So soon? , today is the official release date in the US !?

Anyhow, our local stores import games from all over the world so you get any version you want easily , they usually break the official release date by a week or so ^^

3rd world countries FTW :p

Awww My copy from Gamestation is still marked as unshipped, it might even be late.

You mentioned the PAL box art and I was confused because the PAL version releases in 3 days.

in a dramatic twist of events, I don't hate it yet! Jury's still out, but there are a lot of things I'm liking a lot more than XIII, and a few things that are just as frustrating. Only 5 hours in though, hit my first snag.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
in a dramatic twist of events, I don't hate it yet! Jury's still out, but there are a lot of things I'm liking a lot more than XIII, and a few things that are just as frustrating. Only 5 hours in though, hit my first snag.

The battle system I assume ? , you hated that the most in XIII and it pretty much hasn't changed .

spurgeonryan said:
VXIII said:
Runa216 said:

The battle system I assume ? , you hated that the most in XIII and it pretty much hasn't changed .

The question I have been dying to ask is what do you think of it VXIII? I know this is one that you have been looking forward to.

I haven't started it yet , and I wasn't excited for it either, Versus XIII FTW ^^ e

Around the Network
VXIII said:
Runa216 said:

I can't say too much, but the one MAJOR issue I had with XIII's battle system is fixed.  If your party leader dies, you take over the next guy in line.  that alone basically fixes the entire battle system, as 85% of the stuff wrong with the battle system in XIII had to do with stupid game overs.  So far I've encountered only one game over and that was because I ran out of Phoenix Downs in a boss battle, not because of enemy cheapness or my allies refusing to heal me, instead healing themselves.  

There's still little control over the battles beyond picking and timing paradigm shifts, but it's definitely better than XIII. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

I got it yesterday morning and I didn't play it until about 11pm last night. Game was beautiful. I was just in awe of how well everything was rendered. The best CGI I've ever seen was replaced by game graphics and I had a hard time noticing the difference. Problem was, I wasn't really playing the game. I was in control even less than I was in FFXIII. I know this will change, though. Anyway, despite all of the fancy explosions, buildings being tossed around, fancy robo-horses, and such, I fell asleep "playing" the game.

I'm gonna have to restart the game today to have an idea what the heck was going on.

Ok ... I'm really surprised of how good this game is, enjoying every minute
Even the story line is so good so far , confusing at times but still great, what with the critics ?, some RPGs get no criticism whatsoever on the story no matter how bad or non-existent it is.

Glad I picked it day 1 ^^

--

Caius is friggin awesome villain ... I'm changing my avatar xD

VXIII said:

Ok ... I'm really surprised of how good this game is, enjoying every minute
Even the story line is so good so far , confusing at times but still great, what with the critics ?, some RPGs get no criticism whatsoever on the story no matter how bad or non-existent it is.

Glad I picked it day 1 ^^

--

Caius is friggin awesome villain ... I'm changing my avatar xD

I still have no idea who Caius is, just that he's purple and doesn't like Lightning.  I haven't made it far, but I'm kind of completely lost.  Like, I understand what's going on, who Noel is, and what their quest is, but...what's the point?  the whole plot so far seems really silly and inconsequential. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Caius is like the Dahaka from PoP: Warrior Within. Is the guardian of time