By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Here comes Star Trek 2 (again)! Peter Weller in - Del Toro out. "Update"

Tagged games:

Latest Trek movie was not Trek at all, was a summer blockbuster using Star Treks name, there is far too much wrong with it to list here, so I'll sum it up with 'everything'.

Around the Network

Thoroughly enjoyed it but then I am not so foolish as to think I own the franchise, and no mistake this IS a franchise that its fans think they own.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

Loved the new Star Trek movie, definitely looking forward to the sequel.

They can leave William Shatner out though...

trunkswd said:
I personally don't think Khan should be the villain in the next film. The Wrath of Khan is the best Trek movie (at least for a lot of Trekkie's) and I feel they may be biting off more than they can chew. But I have been wrong before.

When! I refuse to believe you have ever been wrong. other than right now saying that you have been wrong.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

I liked the J.J.Abrams Star Trek movie more than any other Star Trek. Then again, I've never been a Trekkie to begin with. Star Wars rules (the prequels don't exist!)

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

The best thing to come out of the prequels is the Clone Wars cartoons they are pretty sweet and way better than the films themselves.

I actually have the entire original Star Trek Enterprise series which I purchased on HD DVD back in the day, that surely counts for something. I still however rate the last movie and found myselfs wanting to see how these new characters grow.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
TruckOSaurus said:
I liked the J.J.Abrams Star Trek movie more than any other Star Trek. Then again, I've never been a Trekkie to begin with. Star Wars rules (the prequels don't exist!)

Just when I was going to say how great you were for liking the J.J Abrams Star Trek movie, you decided to take a shot at the Star Wars prequels, quite dissapointing :P

I also prefer the Abrams movie btw, I've always preffered the shows over the original movies anyway.

Millenium said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Just when I was going to say how great you were for liking the J.J Abrams Star Trek movie, you decided to take a shot at the Star Wars prequels, quite dissapointing :P

I also prefer the Abrams movie btw, I've always preffered the shows over the original movies anyway.

The Star Wars prequels deserve all the shots taken at them.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Millenium said:
TruckOSaurus said:

The Star Wars prequels deserve all the shots taken at them.

How so? They might not have had the charm of the originals, the ultra sexy Carrie Fisher, or as much as a dynamic as Han, Leia & Luke, but besides that they were decent movies no?

Btw, seen Cloverfield (Also by J.J Abrams), if you haven't, maybe something to consider watching, it might not be your thing, but I found that movie absolutely fantastic!

So they're going to remake Star Trek 2?

I hope that they don't remake all of the Star Trek movies being that many of them are bad.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger