By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Here comes Star Trek 2 (again)! Peter Weller in - Del Toro out. "Update"

Tagged games:

TruckOSaurus said:
Millenium said:
TruckOSaurus said:
I liked the J.J.Abrams Star Trek movie more than any other Star Trek. Then again, I've never been a Trekkie to begin with. Star Wars rules (the prequels don't exist!)

Just when I was going to say how great you were for liking the J.J Abrams Star Trek movie, you decided to take a shot at the Star Wars prequels, quite dissapointing :P

I also prefer the Abrams movie btw, I've always preffered the shows over the original movies anyway.

The Star Wars prequels deserve all the shots taken at them.

How so? They might not have had the charm of the originals, the ultra sexy Carrie Fisher, or as much as a dynamic as Han, Leia & Luke, but besides that they were decent movies no?

Btw, seen Cloverfield (Also by J.J Abrams), if you haven't, maybe something to consider watching, it might not be your thing, but I found that movie absolutely fantastic!

Around the Network

So they're going to remake Star Trek 2?

I hope that they don't remake all of the Star Trek movies being that many of them are bad.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

lol the 2009 film was a gigantic sucess making a lot of money even on DVD.

I would imagine a sequel would make an equal amount or more due to inflation alone.

The last Star Trek movie blew my mind. Amazing what they did to the franchise.

spurgeonryan said:
Also from what I have seen on a few websites older Spock will not be returning.

Neemoy has retired, so the most you can expect is a brief cameo

I am really looking forward to this film. I had never had any interest in Star Trek before seeing the last one, but I watched due to JJ Abram's name, and loved it, so I can't wait to see what they will do with this one

Around the Network

I thought the point of the Star Trek reboot was that they could return to a young Kirk without discarding what happened in all the other movies (and I thought they did that brillantly).

What I thought they would do is invent totally new adventures going off the ending of that movie since the intervention of the Romulan ship changed the course of history completely. Redoing Wrath of Khan kinda makes all the effort to reboot the franchise futile.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
I thought the point of the Star Trek reboot was that they could return to a young Kirk without discarding what happened in all the other movies (and I thought they did that brillantly).

What I thought they would do is invent totally new adventures going off the ending of that movie since the intervention of the Romulan ship changed the course of history completely. Redoing Wrath of Khan kinda makes all the effort to reboot the franchise futile.

Well it would be a new Khan. They have to reboot the franchise, but still keep the old fans happy and not isolate them, but I do think that creating a new villain would be better

I never understood why people liked Wrath of Khan so much? Of the original 6 movies, it was probably my second least favourite. I also felt that the villain (Klingon General Chang) in Star Trek 6: The Undiscovered Country was far superior. 

"I am as constant as the Northern Star"

"Cry havok! And let slip the dogs of war!"

He also got the best lines of any Star Trek character that I can recall (and yes, he worshipped Will Shakeseare).

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

spurgeonryan said:
Anyone have any sort of news or early video recordings on this yet? I doubt the recordings.

I am not sure that they have even finished the script yet, it is not going to enter production until 2012

spurgeonryan said:
Jumpin said:

I never understood why people liked Wrath of Khan so much? Of the original 6 movies, it was probably my second least favourite. I also felt that the villain (Klingon General Chang) in Star Trek 6: The Undiscovered Country was far superior. 

"I am as constant as the Northern Star"

"Cry havok! And let slip the dogs of war!"

He also got the best lines of any Star Trek character that I can recall (and yes, he worshipped Will Shakeseare).

I think the main thing is the history that Khan has with Kirk. Other than that you are basically right. Also Spock sort of dies, in this movie as well.

Ah yes, I completely forgot about the Spock death scene. I think people also like the Khan scream. Although, in the Undiscovered Country, The final battle between General Chang's Bird of Prey and the 2 Federation ships (Enterprise + Excelsior) is probably my favourite Star Trek showdown.

As for Star Trek enemies in the future, you have to imagine that Spock would have revealed all of the information on the enemies of the Federation in the future - including the Borg, Khan, the Cardassians, and many others. They would be able to prepare in advance.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.