By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Are The Best Cities and Towns In Gaming?

amp316 said:
I always liked Racoon City.

I think that I'm fond of it because I've been through it many times and actually know where most everything is.

You read my mind. I was thinking of Racoon City. After Assassin's Creed cities and Mirror's Edge, it was the only one left out.

Around the Network

I think most of the cities in Mass Effect are amazing to look at especially the Citadel. Unfortunately I had a hard time finding pictures that showed just how cool it looks in game.

MontanaHatchet said:
Chroniczaaa said:

Which game is this from? It looks really nice.

Morrowwind.

Metro City, USA of course.

Train wreck said:
The best is Leá Monde from Vagrant Story, the city is the game

honorable mention: Fourside, Earthbound. Coming out of the tunnel and arriving in fourside for the first time with the iconic music playing is still awesome.

Around the Network

Yafutoma

and

Valua

Former something....

Damascus from Assassin's Creed. My friend is from their and he was AMAZED how detailed and accurate the city was made in the game

Rainbird said:

Just one of many, the city in Mirror's Edge:

It manages to feel so alive, yet dead; so colorful, yet grey; so beautiful, yet dangerous.

It's a playground that is hard to match when you couple it with the gameplay of Mirror's Edge.

Holy crap, this!!!!

As much as I don't really like the game as much. Midgar was an awesome city, and it is a real pity you don't get to explore the whole city and just couple sections of it.

Add: Final Fantasy IX actually has couple of the best locations in Final Fantasy games:

Lindblum 

Alexandria

And Treno. (Maybe even the Sandy Treehouse as well, before it gets destroyed....)

The Imperial City in Oblivion was fantastic. Unfortunately, Skyrim doesn't have any cities that enormous, but Solitude wins for looking like this:

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective