By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - RUMOUR: The Last Guardian creator Fumito Ueda leaves Sony

Spedfrom said:
Rainbird said:
Spedfrom said:
Rob-Ot said:
And I've actually played that (beta) while TLG has yet to show a scrap of in-game footage.

How did you find Journey? I haven't played it yet but I'm quite anxious for it.

The beta was awesome! It's a good game if you're playing alone, but when you play with someone else, it's a masterpiece! The way you do coop is absolutely amazing, because the two players are rewarded so much by supporting each other. I played with someone at one point where we just flew around the map, discovering and having fun. I'm getting it day one!

Even more interested in it now! Ahah

You're welcome. ^_^

Around the Network

that would suck. stay with Sony.

o_O.Q said:
Rob-Ot said:
You all also have to understand that Team Ico, a first party, have managed to miss not just almost the PS3's entire tenure, but also the PSP's. I remember the rumour that they were working on a PSP project as well as a PS3 one, way back before TLG was out there. Much derided Polyphony at least managed to plop out a PSP game and get GT5 done.

In 7 years, Ueda has come up completely bare handed for all of Sony's platforms. In my eyes, Thatgamecompany have superceded them as Sony's 'arthouse' studio. Journey looks dead on Team Ico standard and style. And I've actually played that (beta) while TLG has yet to show a scrap of in-game footage. An unmitigated disaster.

sony owns thatgamecompany?

No, they are just very close to Sony kinda like the way Sucker-Punch was before Sony acquired them this year

Honestly I don't see this as a major loss for Sony.

Yes, he makes unique games but they haven't been huge in terms of sales, and if his team hasn't been able to launch a game in the last 6 years, maybe it's time for Sony to move on.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
enditall727 said:
o_O.Q said:
Rob-Ot said:
You all also have to understand that Team Ico, a first party, have managed to miss not just almost the PS3's entire tenure, but also the PSP's. I remember the rumour that they were working on a PSP project as well as a PS3 one, way back before TLG was out there. Much derided Polyphony at least managed to plop out a PSP game and get GT5 done.

In 7 years, Ueda has come up completely bare handed for all of Sony's platforms. In my eyes, Thatgamecompany have superceded them as Sony's 'arthouse' studio. Journey looks dead on Team Ico standard and style. And I've actually played that (beta) while TLG has yet to show a scrap of in-game footage. An unmitigated disaster.

sony owns thatgamecompany?

No, they are just very close to Sony kinda like the way Sucker-Punch was before Sony acquired them this year

Actually they have a contract with Sony for three games, where Journey is the last of those three.

And thus SCEJ just died.

Boutros said:
And thus SCEJ just died.

i... actually agree with you =[

If true, I wonder what it means for us?

If it is true Sony could do a deal to publish his future work and most likely he would depart upon completion of last guardian.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot