By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - RUMOUR: The Last Guardian creator Fumito Ueda leaves Sony

Rainbird said:
enditall727 said:
o_O.Q said:
Rob-Ot said:
You all also have to understand that Team Ico, a first party, have managed to miss not just almost the PS3's entire tenure, but also the PSP's. I remember the rumour that they were working on a PSP project as well as a PS3 one, way back before TLG was out there. Much derided Polyphony at least managed to plop out a PSP game and get GT5 done.

In 7 years, Ueda has come up completely bare handed for all of Sony's platforms. In my eyes, Thatgamecompany have superceded them as Sony's 'arthouse' studio. Journey looks dead on Team Ico standard and style. And I've actually played that (beta) while TLG has yet to show a scrap of in-game footage. An unmitigated disaster.

sony owns thatgamecompany?

No, they are just very close to Sony kinda like the way Sucker-Punch was before Sony acquired them this year

Actually they have a contract with Sony for three games, where Journey is the last of those three.

yes and this is why i say they are close

it's the same way sucker punch signed the same kind of contract with Sony before they were bought

Around the Network
enditall727 said:
Rainbird said:
enditall727 said:
o_O.Q said:

sony owns thatgamecompany?

No, they are just very close to Sony kinda like the way Sucker-Punch was before Sony acquired them this year

Actually they have a contract with Sony for three games, where Journey is the last of those three.

yes and this is why i say they are close

it's the same way sucker punch signed the same kind of contract with Sony before they were bought

Fair enough, my point is just that their contract is coming to a close and we don't know what it will be like after that. This is the first contract thatgamecompany has had with Sony, so maybe they'll want a new one or maybe they'll move on to other things.

PullusPardus said:
Boutros said:
And thus SCEJ just died.

i... actually agree with you =[

:(

XD

blkfish92 said:
If true, I wonder what it means for us?

if the mastermind leaves, the studio will probably suck and it's games wont be the same anymore

Boutros said:
And thus SCEJ just died.

Well i wouldn't be that drastic. Many of the studios that have lost their big names have not diminished since the loss (Sonic Team, for instance, produced Sonic 2006 under Yuji Naka as the last game, so they've arguably improved since losing him)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

As far as affecting the PS3 or Sony as a company this doesn't mean much. Losing the main guy from a team that makes a game every 5 years really won't put Sony / PS3 in a bad position. I'm sure the games will be just as low-key and still as high-quality- afterall, David Jaffe left Santa Monica and it is still awesome. People really shouldn't assume that the quality of Team ICO will drop because of his absence. It might, but we don't know yet.

If this rumor is true, of course.

enditall727 said:
blkfish92 said:
If true, I wonder what it means for us?

if the mastermind leaves, the studio will probably suck and it's games wont be the same anymore

That would make me very sad..