By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - RUMOUR: The Last Guardian creator Fumito Ueda leaves Sony

Mmm.

I hope he finds another studio that can support him, because his vision is among the best in the business.

Around the Network
leatherhat said:
badgenome said:

You're right. I was out of line. What's a decade between games, after all?

Still, maybe if he had just released The Last Guardian: Prologue he'd still have a job!

The tale of a boy and his skyline

And buckets!

Ow now he can go to Square Enix and make games on a 10 year cycle..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

YES!!!

I kid! I kid!

Rainbird said:
kivi95 said:
Rainbird said:
If it's true, I hope he manages to make the best of it. Best of luck to him.

I wonder if his personal projects involve Kinect or the WiiU since he would leave Sony to do his next games. Here's hoping he can bring something epic to Kinect! ^_^

Please don't say stuff like that :( , If he starts making kinect games I will almost start cry....

What's wrong with that? I'm certain he wouldn't be doing Kinectimals 2, he'd be doing something properly awesome with it. 

Why is everyone so sad that he's leaving Sony (if it's even true)? For all we know, this could give us even more awesome games from him. Why assume the worst?

I don't think anyone other than Sony would let him make only one game in ten years. Think of him in Activision to give an example.

Around the Network
Rob-Ot said:
You all also have to understand that Team Ico, a first party, have managed to miss not just almost the PS3's entire tenure, but also the PSP's. I remember the rumour that they were working on a PSP project as well as a PS3 one, way back before TLG was out there. Much derided Polyphony at least managed to plop out a PSP game and get GT5 done.

In 7 years, Ueda has come up completely bare handed for all of Sony's platforms. In my eyes, Thatgamecompany have superceded them as Sony's 'arthouse' studio. Journey looks dead on Team Ico standard and style. And I've actually played that (beta) while TLG has yet to show a scrap of in-game footage. An unmitigated disaster.

How did you find Journey? I haven't played it yet but I'm quite anxious for it.

michael_stutzer said:
Rainbird said:
kivi95 said:
Rainbird said:
If it's true, I hope he manages to make the best of it. Best of luck to him.

I wonder if his personal projects involve Kinect or the WiiU since he would leave Sony to do his next games. Here's hoping he can bring something epic to Kinect! ^_^

Please don't say stuff like that :( , If he starts making kinect games I will almost start cry....

What's wrong with that? I'm certain he wouldn't be doing Kinectimals 2, he'd be doing something properly awesome with it. 

Why is everyone so sad that he's leaving Sony (if it's even true)? For all we know, this could give us even more awesome games from him. Why assume the worst?

I don't think anyone other than Sony would let him make only one game in ten years. Think of him in Activision to give an example.

Maybe that's a good thing. Getting some pressure to actually make progress can also help a project along at a healthy pace rather than lead to one game releasing in 10 years.

But that's without any idea what kind of games he wants to make after this of course.

Spedfrom said:
Rob-Ot said:
And I've actually played that (beta) while TLG has yet to show a scrap of in-game footage.

The beta was awesome! It's a good game if you're playing alone, but when you play with someone else, it's a masterpiece! The way you do coop is absolutely amazing, because the two players are rewarded so much by supporting each other. I played with someone at one point where we just flew around the map, discovering and having fun. I'm getting it day one!

Rainbird said:
Spedfrom said:
Rob-Ot said:
And I've actually played that (beta) while TLG has yet to show a scrap of in-game footage.

The beta was awesome! It's a good game if you're playing alone, but when you play with someone else, it's a masterpiece! The way you do coop is absolutely amazing, because the two players are rewarded so much by supporting each other. I played with someone at one point where we just flew around the map, discovering and having fun. I'm getting it day one!

Even more interested in it now! Ahah

This would be terrible news. =(