By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I buy a 360?

ljigga said:
usrevenge said:
i have every console
360 is the best one by far.
the thing is, games on 360 are better then the PS3 equivalent almost every time.
COD on PS3? i never seen so many bad players
BF3 on PS3? same deal
gears is good
forza is good for race fans
skyrim on 360 is great
basically any game on 360 and PS3, get it on 360.. i knows is weird but it seems that they make a crappy port to PS3.

Yeah its beginning to be a problem since I couldn't find anyone online for madden last week. Just seems there are allot more people online on the 360 on more games, with a more active community....figure it would be the other way around since it is free lol. I do plan on getting skyrim and that bug that currently exists for some people with save files is terrible and I hope the new patch will fix it. I do ultimately prefer my ps3 though because of the exclusives.

i have no idea what games you 2 play or are talking about but i have yet to find competition on either console for any online multiplayer games. you 2 must be getting in the wrong matches cause i've found that PS3 online multiplayer has the best comp. but not by much to comment further on.

in COD my KD is allot better on 360 then on PS3, and that goes for any shooter or online multiplayer game on either console.

Around the Network

@marcusd

so given which type of games I said I like, and the 360 exclusives do you think it is worth it to purchase one this boxing day if the price is under $200 with kinect?

So why did you decide to get both consoles?

I was talking about Madden 12, i have to wait sometimes up to 5minutes to get a match.

I have lived as a warrior. I have died as a god. Having suffered the ultimate sacrifice, I have been denied release. I...I will defeat Olympus. I will have my revenge

--Kratos

ljigga said:
Thanks alot for the helpful input everyone, im not to sure if I will get it since I can only think of a few exclusives that I do like and it would be a waste of money if I purchased it and forgot about it. I was never a fan of most Nintendo exclusives other than mario kart and smash bros but I would rather play gears than those games. Gf is interested in those dance/party/yoga games that Kinect/Wii have (her little brother has a wii), so it was more of a compromise sort of. As for online I guess I should try it on a friends system and see if its worth the purchase + sub price.

I am happy with my current system and already have quite the backlog of games, guess I just got caught up in all this consumerism!

Try to get a good/decent PC to run Gears 1 on it. If you love the shit out of it, go buy the 360. If not, pass on it.

Buying a X360 just because a game has 3 million players instead of 1,5 millions on the PS3 is just quite.. foolish. Active community or not; you won't exactly be like: Omg I can totally tell that the 360 version has more people to play with. You will find just enough players to play games with. I've not once had a problem finding a game considering like the highest one I know only has 256 players at the same time lmao.

XBL ..I wont comment because too many people are defensive about it. But my god, theres very little to no difference for me. Cross chat is about it, so you're buying a 360 just because there are a few more people that have bought the game (like that will be noticed by you) and then you're going to pay for live so that you can ..play the game. And on top of this: the game is already on your PS3. I bought XBL with my first game Gears 2 in 2009. The game was terribly flawed when it came to lag and more. Don't expect XBL to be flawless. Nevertheless I blame Gears 2 for that and I believe they patched it.. a year later.

It comes down to exclusives in my honest opinion. I havent bothered to read everything; but unless you love stuff like motion gaming eg: Move & Kinect & Wii Mote, then I really dont see the reason to buy it. Your better off with a PC or even arguably a Wii. Id invest in more games for that PS3 though. But just to make sure, play Gears 1 on the PC; If you love it to death and cant stand to play the rest; dont get it.

i think Kinect games are worth it, BUT only if you plan on playing with others , its not fun to play alone, take this (from me)

If you like Action Adventure titles the 360 is definitely not the console for you. However, if you live in America theres a very good chance that a large cross section of 360 owners. You will always have a friend to talk to online to game with. The 360's biggest asset against PSN is active gamers If you like multiplayer shooters (Outside of KZ, Resistance and MAG) its the console for you . The party chat (AKA cross chat) is Xbox Lives biggest plus against PSN since Sony cannot put it in the PS3 (its in the vita and will be in the next playstation).   The only games I can mention that are hot and right up your alley are the Gears franchise and Alan Wake for action/adventure and Gears isn't even an action adventure game.

Around the Network
ljigga said:
usrevenge said:
i have every console
360 is the best one by far.
the thing is, games on 360 are better then the PS3 equivalent almost every time.
COD on PS3? i never seen so many bad players
BF3 on PS3? same deal
gears is good
forza is good for race fans
skyrim on 360 is great
basically any game on 360 and PS3, get it on 360.. i knows is weird but it seems that they make a crappy port to PS3.

Yeah its beginning to be a problem since I couldnt find anyone online for madden last week. Just seems there are alot more people online on the 360 on more games, with a more active community....figure it would be the other way around since it is free lol. I do plan on getting skyrim and that bug that currently exists for some people with save files is terrible and I hope the new patch will fix it. I do ultimately prefer my ps3 though because of the exclusives.

You won't find them on XBL either, community of old games especially yearly ones , quickly die, on any console or PC or whatever.

I guess ill just wait until it gets super cheap and play the ones I want to play and wait for next gen and make a more informed decision next time. Sony exclusives are so amazing cant imagine not playing them even though they dont get the numbers support.

I have lived as a warrior. I have died as a god. Having suffered the ultimate sacrifice, I have been denied release. I...I will defeat Olympus. I will have my revenge

--Kratos

No.

If you already have a PS3 why would you stop playing it? Also I don't if you but consoles solely for you it doesn't matter which you choose but if you think you can invest to have fun with more people then maybe you should reconsider some choices. There are games in my library I would've never bought for myself but since I'm not alone and yes I like to have fun with the girlfriend and nieces and the family I have bought these games and don't care if I "look" stupid it's all about the fun.

Also, just because you can't name 10 games you ultimately want on one console doesn't mean they don't exist. You always get to find more games you never knew about. Friends also have games you never thought of buying but to play with them you do and you realise there is more into gaming than "single player exclusives".

About the price. Buying a 360 with Kinect at 199$ is almost cheaper than buying a Wii at 99$ Remember you have to pay for those extra controllers and nunchucks. Also someone suggested you to get a decent PC to run Gears of War 1 and if you like it then buy a 360... seriously... if you hate your 360 so much after you bought it just sell it it's in demand you won't lose much it'll be like you rented it.

I plan on buying a PS3 to play the Uncharted series but if I do so, nothing prevents me from enjoying my 360 anymore and it'll get me a cheap Blue Ray. Most of the games I play are multiplat but I'm sure I'll find games I like on PS3... I'm not a Sony fan but some functionalities will get me to buy one... 199$ is cheap.

I bought a 360 because it was very cheap, but after I had completed Tales of Vesperia, I was starting to wonder why I bought it. Since then I have bought XBL Gold and upgraded to a slim which I got a nice deal on and now I've spent too much money to go back, so I'm trying out exclusives and buying multiplatform games that are better on the Xbox 360.

Unless there is something you REALLY want or if you want to get into an Xbox 360 exclusive franchise then I wouldn't bother, they are too similar to justify owning both.