By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I buy a 360?

It depends. If you seem to like games like Gears of War, Halo and don't like GT and prefer Forza go for it. But if you want to buy it because of the muliplat games just keep your PS3. No matter what anyone says they are the same. The graphics and technical issues are usually the same they both will have the same amount of people playing online. But if you dislike the PS3 controls from games like COD, Madden and Fifa and other big multiplat games you enjoy 360 will be right for you. I personally love both PS3 and 360 controlls and I find 360 better for FPS and sport games and PS3 for everything else including exclusives.

Around the Network

Im not to big a fan of racing games but if I were to get one I would probably go with GT5. I do really want to play gears though, Halo is meh. The xbox would be for online/multiplat games (madden, cod, fifa, 2k12) and ps3 for those sexy exclusives.

I have lived as a warrior. I have died as a god. Having suffered the ultimate sacrifice, I have been denied release. I...I will defeat Olympus. I will have my revenge

--Kratos

Just get a discounted 4GB 360 and a few used exclusives.....best value for the money.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

ljigga said:
Im not to big a fan of racing games but if I were to get one I would probably go with GT5. I do really want to play gears though, Halo is meh. The xbox would be for online/multiplat games (madden, cod, fifa, 2k12) and ps3 for those sexy exclusives.

Unless you absoultly hate the controls on PS3 don't waste your money on it. It's really the same thing. In all honesty COD and Fifa are actually faster for me on the PS3. But the difference is almost unnoticable

dsage01 said:
ljigga said:

Unless you absoultly hate the controls on PS3 don't waste your money on it. It's really the same thing. In all honesty COD and Fifa are actually faster for me on the PS3. But the difference is almost unnoticable

What about Gears and possibly getting Halo? Thought you said that the 360 was better for sports and FPS games for you? Im confused

I have lived as a warrior. I have died as a god. Having suffered the ultimate sacrifice, I have been denied release. I...I will defeat Olympus. I will have my revenge

--Kratos

Around the Network

As long as you're content with your PS3, there is no reason to switch. Bear in mind though, that there are several good exclusives from the early X360 days. Older games are just that: older. It doesn't mean they're not good anymore.

Wasn't planning on switching from ps3 to 360....just wanted a 360 for its exclusives, what seems to be better multi-platform games. Only thing i would switch is going online for live since I would be paying for it

edit: I just wanted to know if those aspects were better but it seems hard to get a clear answer as there are fans and haters of a particular console.

--Kratos

ljigga said:

honestly if you don't like halo and have a ps3 there is really no point in buying an xbox unless you're interested in kinect or jrpgs. Halo is basically the only game that the ps3 doesn't have an equivalent title to, exclusive or multiplatform, and if you don't like that style of fps thats not really an issue. There are many multiplatform and ps3 exclusive tps that are very similar to gears of war. GT5 is a perfectly fine alternative to forza. Fable and Alan Wake are good ips, but not games you should buy a console for imo. Online games aren't really any different unless all your friends play on the xbox. 

ljigga said:
dsage01 said:
ljigga said:

What about Gears and possibly getting Halo? Thought you said that the 360 was better for sports and FPS games for you? Im confused

It is but not for all games. And I said faster not better bro. I like the controls of all sports games on 360 better. And I like most FPS better on the 360. But then again I'm more of a TPS/ action adventure type of guy. I like FPS but not as much as TPS and action adventure games. And I think you should try Gears of War at freinds house before you decide to buy it. But honestly Gears of War 3 is the only Gears of War that has good online gameplay. 

enrageorange said:
ljigga said:

honestly if you don't like halo and have a ps3 there is really no point in buying an xbox unless you're interested in kinect or jrpgs. Halo is basically the only game that the ps3 doesn't have an equivalent title to, exclusive or multiplatform, and if you don't like that style of fps thats not really an issue. There are many multiplatform and ps3 exclusive tps that are very similar to gears of war. GT5 is a perfectly fine alternative to forza. Fable and Alan Wake are good ips, but not games you should buy a console for imo. Online games aren't really any different unless all your friends play on the xbox. 

Exactly