By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yahoo's Top 7 most overhyped games of 2011

oldschoolfool said:
PullusPardus said:
i gotta say, Battlefield 3's single player is disappointing, but its because i wasn't informed much about it, i thought it was nonlinear like the multiplayer part, but it was very linear, ironic because i always know Battlefield for being "Battlefield" where you go around a map anyway you want like the bad company games.

the campaign and single player are completly different. always has been. 

since when? outside of the spin offs , Battlefield never had a single player, but the spin off's single player used the same maps as multiplayer.

Around the Network

4 of those really shouldn't be on the list because not many people knew about them. The writer should re-read the definition of over-hyped. Especially, since L.A. Noire and Deus Ex are nowhere on the list.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

PullusPardus said:
oldschoolfool said:
PullusPardus said:
i gotta say, Battlefield 3's single player is disappointing, but its because i wasn't informed much about it, i thought it was nonlinear like the multiplayer part, but it was very linear, ironic because i always know Battlefield for being "Battlefield" where you go around a map anyway you want like the bad company games.

the campaign and single player are completly different. always has been. 

since when? outside of the spin offs , Battlefield never had a single player, but the spin off's single player used the same maps as multiplayer.

I'm talking about being linear vs nonlinear. the bad company games were very linear in the single player also. 

That is a silly list. Not much else to be said that others haven't already.

I guess the guy meant games we were expecting to be good but are actually so and so!

Switch!!!

Around the Network

Spider-Man: Edge of Time, i had such high expectation about this game, i had some reviews and making on youtube. But it turned out to be crappy.

Overhyped??? Not really.

Maybe they should have named it 7 worst games of 2011.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Homefront, Spider Man, and Need for Speed really don't belong on this list. As others have said, where was the hype to begin with?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Yahoo is crap nowdays. It used to be good back in the days but now it is just such an average website with one of the worst news feed to greet me everytime i go there to check email. Soon switching to gmail.

Hyped yea well it is like N4G thing. Everyone has an opinion.

Yahoo will soon vanish, just like Myspace.

That happens if you miss the technological progress.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.