By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Impressions on the new updated VGC... :(

dsage01 said:
Seece said:
For goodness sakes Michael calm down. If you'd read the thread, (and the dozen others) you would know we're tracking EXACTLY the same regions as we were before, they're just being split up. Canada will have it's own sales, as will others.

This site already offered a lot of FREE data (please bare this in mind) so you should be grateful you got it as long as you did (PS2 sales).

Don't worry Seece me and many others disliked this change intially as well then we got to know the benifts of it a bit later. I personally really like this update and this will make it easier for VGC users to track data as well since U.K. and European charts come early. But you shouldn't be worried as majority of the users like this updtate. Keep up the good work :) And I'm glad Canada will have it's own sales. I can't wait!

If that's the case, I'm happy, but why remove PS2 sales? I was really interested to see it slowly die..

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

Haha, they did exactly what I wanted them to, USA, Europe, Japan, Global, good stuff.

I still don't like the hardware chart though, what is AP / EMA? The same layout as above would be better.

Seece said:
For goodness sakes Michael calm down. If you'd read the thread, (and the dozen others) you would know we're tracking EXACTLY the same regions as we were before, they're just being split up. Canada will have it's own sales, as will others.

This site already offered a lot of FREE data (please bare this in mind) so you should be grateful you got it as long as you did (PS2 sales).

How about SW Top30 instead of the previous Top50? Top30 can be enough for the smallest markets tracked (below 30th place in dead periods and small markets numbers could be too little and unreliable), but even Top50 is measly for global and barely enough for USA, Europe and Japan.

My suggestion is:

Global Top100

USA, Europe and Japan Top50

Other markets Top30

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Seece said:

How about SW Top30 instead of the previous Top50? Top30 can be enough for the smallest markets tracked (below 30th place in dead periods and small markets numbers could be too little and unreliable), but even Top50 is measly for global and barely enough for USA, Europe and Japan.

My suggestion is:

Global Top100

Other markets Top30

You don't think that will be a bit too hard? But yes SW Top 30 for smaller markets seems like a goid idea

dsage01 said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
Seece said:

My suggestion is:

Global Top100

Other markets Top30

You don't think that will be a bit too hard? But yes SW Top 30 for smaller markets seems like a goid idea

Top50 is what we got (upgraded from the previous Top40) for each region and WW before the last site restyling. Top100 WW would really be needed in intense periods like BF-Xmas, but hey, even Top80 WW could be fine. What's for sure, Top30 is horribly insufficient for WW, USA, Europe and Japan, and it's barely enough for UK.

Edit: SW charts just got upgraded to Top40, but you can see what I mean, in the WW chart games are cut out of the chart selling less than 54k the week before BF (the latest currently charted), and less than 21k in Europe and 24k in USA: even with Top40 a lot of important games are cut out. Anyway, as the charts are currently being upgraded, we can hope for the best. Top40 for UK is already fine, for example, and for Japan too this week is more than enough despite a lot of new releases. So right now the only gimped charts are WW, USA and Europe, while Japan could need more than Top40 only in weeks bigger than this one.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
pezus said:
So are the changes not complete yet? Are we still going to get software charts for the individual European countries too?

No... apparently Canada will be tracked separatly from the USA, and I'm not sure what's happening elsewhere.

I noticed on the home page, the 3 regions hardware sales are separated by Americas, Europe, and AP/MEA (which I presume stands for Asia, Pacific, Middle East, and Africa).

I really like that separation. However I think Japan is so unique with their gaming market, they should have their sales on a 4th tab.

Honestly looking at the site now, it's butchered. Why make these changes right during Black Friday Week? Why not early January when people aren't checking the site repeatedly?

Looking forward to the return of Yearly and Monthly sales data (only have weekly now), PS2 sales (common!), and well whatever else is coming. When that comes back, then I will actually be happy with the changes, but right now the website has less content then before.

P.S. one little thing that bugs me, is that the old website with a home page, and the one before that, let me see if any new charts have been updated before the page fully loaded (since the upper tab loads a few seconds before the rest of the website). Now I have to wait for the page to load before I can see anything. It's not a huge issue, but it's still a downgrade.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Alby_da_Wolf said:
dsage01 said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
Seece said:

My suggestion is:

Global Top100

Other markets Top30

Top50 is what we got (upgraded from the previous Top40) for each region and WW before the last site restyling. Top100 WW would really be needed in intense periods like BF-Xmas, but hey, even Top80 WW could be fine. What's for sure, Top30 is horribly insufficient for WW, USA, Europe and Japan, and it's barely enough for UK.

Edit: SW charts just got upgraded to Top40, but you can see what I mean, in the WW chart games are cut out of the chart selling less than 54k the week before BF (the latest currently charted), and less than 21k in Europe and 24k in USA: even with Top40 a lot of important games are cut out. Anyway, as the charts are currently being upgraded, we can hope for the best. Top40 for UK is already fine, for example, and for Japan too this week is more than enough despite a lot of new releases. So right now the only gimped charts are WW, USA and Europe, while Japan could need more than Top40 only in weeks bigger than this one.

Well I think we could use global markerts top 50 and U.S.A. top 50 the others look just fine to me. But all I really want is Canada as a sperate region and Asia and Africa and other countires to included in others. But that is incoming soon so I can't say much. But the only thing that I find needs to be improved is how the global sales shows up for lifetime but not weekly. 

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before but will we ever get the individual graphs on the a game's own page from 1st week to current or is that feature gone now?

Read my blog. it exists. No really, it does. I kid you not.

I would personally love to see sales data from the country of Barbados.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.