By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Impressions on the new updated VGC... :(

i like it so far but i want EMEAA to be broken down when they come in where as they can be shown on the front page as EMEAA.

Around the Network

The only problem I have with VGC is not being able to assort your games list in order of rating.

...Random, I know.

ioi said:

Its a good job that you suggested we should focus on having more accurate data, I'm gonna email the team straight away and tell them

On a serious note, this weeks data will start to go up tomorrow. I've totally rebuilt our entire database this last week and split everything into 8 different regions, things are taking longer than expected...

Finally I can get some sleep rather than refreshing this page every 5 minutes for the last 5 days. :) looking forward to it.

On a other note, I think the OP fails to take into consideration that the quality, the precision and the amount of detail you can get from VGChartz is incredible. And it's all free. I have seen some market data (marketline for me) that weren't as precise. So I just want to thank the whole team.

Cheers

Wow, even better than I expected.

Can't wait to see how everything looks!

ioi said:

Its a good job that you suggested we should focus on having more accurate data, I'm gonna email the team straight away and tell them

On a serious note, this weeks data will start to go up tomorrow. I've totally rebuilt our entire database this last week and split everything into 8 different regions, things are taking longer than expected...

Btw, ioi, Phantasy Star Zero page doesn't exist anymore since the last VGChartz update. Can you guys fix it?

Around the Network

Awesome! How exciting!

italo244 said:
ioi said:

Btw, ioi, Phantasy Star Zero page doesn't exist anymore since the last VGChartz update. Can you guys fix it?

Looks like a special character issue with the game titie

Phantasy Star Ø

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
pbroy said:
italo244 said:
ioi said:

Looks like a special character issue with the game titie

Phantasy Star Ø

Yep. I remember the game being at 0.35k last time i saw, but that was a long, long time ago. As i said, since the last VGChartz update.

dsage01 said:
spurgeonryan said:
Other than the front page being changed and the sales I have not noticed anything else yest. GamrConnect is different? I think for the sales they would rather be accurate for now than attept to track as many territories that they can.

If you were here back then you would know. Believe me back then it was a dream for every gamer intrested in sales now that feeling is just lost. GamrConnect takes up more of my time. VGC has gone down a whole lot in terms of quality and precision in tracking video games sales

I remember the good times, it did look much better, and yes I know I haven't been here long, but I've been a lurker for god knows how long!

kowenicki said:
Machina said:
Two separate issues are being mixed up here. One is the sites being overhauled, which is nowhere near completion and won't be until next year. The new front page is just a placeholder ahead of that update, which is briefly detailed here - http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4314955

The other issue is related to sales tracking.

The reason for the move from Americas to USA is hinted at here - http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4316189 and http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4314955 and http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4313023 - add up the dots and you'll see it's a step forwards not backwards, which also explains why the numbers are taking longer than normal.

Looks to me like some of the things I have muted over the last couple of years may well be about to be implemented.  Which is good given the intial reactions to those ideas/requests by the powers that be.  Hope so anyway.

mooted?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix