By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Impressions on the new updated VGC... :(

ioi said:

Its a good job that you suggested we should focus on having more accurate data, I'm gonna email the team straight away and tell them

On a serious note, this weeks data will start to go up tomorrow. I've totally rebuilt our entire database this last week and split everything into 8 different regions, things are taking longer than expected...

More than there is continents? That is impressive.

Looking forward to seeing how UC3 sells in Antarctica.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
ioi said:
The Spanish and Italian markets aren't much smaller than Canada and have distinctive and easy to track tastes.

you can say that again...

and not to be too flippant, but given the state of their economies... they might get quite a bit smaller.

I don't know about Italy, but in Spain the situation is nowhere near as bad as what the markets make it look like.

And yes, traking the games will be easy, we are one of the most casual markets out there: CoD, Fifa, Pro, Mario,... (look here, pag 29)

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

South Americas is a nice market..

Brazil at November 2010 (1 Year after PS3 launch):

PS2 - 5 Million
PS3 - 750K
360 - 300K
Wii - 230K
PSP - 200K
NDS - 200K

In Italy PS3 sell about 700.000 (2010) console at year.
In France 850.000 (2010)...

Flippozzo said:
South Americas is a nice market..

Brazil at November 2010 (1 Year after PS3 launch):

PS2 - 5 Million
PS3 - 750K
360 - 300K
Wii - 230K
PSP - 200K
NDS - 200K

In Italy PS3 sell about 700.000 (2010) console at year.
In France 850.000 (2010)...

Wow PS3 and PS2 dominance there. And is this the 2010 hardware sales or is it LTD? 

LTD!

Around the Network

Why stop tracking PS2 sales? Ontop of that, why remove PS2 weekly sales from global data throughout VGC? If I got back to holidays 2010 sales, I know PS2 sold, I have some figures, why remove information which is obviously there?

What the heck? There is no pre-7th gen console data at all! Go back to 2006 and they only give 360, PSP, and DS figures. Go to 2005 and it's only DS and PSP...The charts also don't go back to 2001 like they used to! Common man! That's cruel! PS2 still sells on a weekly basis and I was keeping track of it.

Also did you stop tracking Canada? Is it really that hard to track Canada? It's the exact same market and retailers as the US, how is this so hard? It's annoying because even though Canada was only 8% of Americas before (where USA was 87%), it's still an important contribution.

by removing Canada, you are making data less accurate.

Also is Canada, Mexico and Latin America included in Global sales, or are Global sales sales from regions you track?

I don't like this update, I feel you downgraded our service.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

For goodness sakes Michael calm down. If you'd read the thread, (and the dozen others) you would know we're tracking EXACTLY the same regions as we were before, they're just being split up. Canada will have it's own sales, as will others.

This site already offered a lot of FREE data (please bare this in mind) so you should be grateful you got it as long as you did (PS2 sales).

Seece said:
For goodness sakes Michael calm down. If you'd read the thread, (and the dozen others) you would know we're tracking EXACTLY the same regions as we were before, they're just being split up. Canada will have it's own sales, as will others.

This site already offered a lot of FREE data (please bare this in mind) so you should be grateful you got it as long as you did (PS2 sales).

Don't worry Seece me and many others disliked this change intially as well then we got to know the benifts of it a bit later. I personally really like this update and this will make it easier for VGC users to track data as well since U.K. and European charts come early. But you shouldn't be worried as majority of the users like this updtate. Keep up the good work :) And I'm glad Canada will have it's own sales. I can't wait!

Michael-5 said:

Why stop tracking PS2 sales? Ontop of that, why remove PS2 weekly sales from global data throughout VGC? If I got back to holidays 2010 sales, I know PS2 sold, I have some figures, why remove information which is obviously there?

What the heck? There is no pre-7th gen console data at all! Go back to 2006 and they only give 360, PSP, and DS figures. Go to 2005 and it's only DS and PSP...The charts also don't go back to 2001 like they used to! Common man! That's cruel! PS2 still sells on a weekly basis and I was keeping track of it.

Also did you stop tracking Canada? Is it really that hard to track Canada? It's the exact same market and retailers as the US, how is this so hard? It's annoying because even though Canada was only 8% of Americas before (where USA was 87%), it's still an important contribution.

by removing Canada, you are making data less accurate.

Also is Canada, Mexico and Latin America included in Global sales, or are Global sales sales from regions you track?

I don't like this update, I feel you downgraded our service.

I agree with you but you really need to calm down. VGC is providing the best and most accurate free sales data any website could have

Seece said:

So Canada will be included? When and Where? The region is marked USA now, and in an article about Wii crossing 90 million hardware sales inexactly 5 years, they have Canada as not a main region. This makes no sense, how can EMEAA be a region, but North America cannot? Canada should be a part of americas sales like before.

As for PS2, I track sales on my computer, it's going to screw up my annual sales not having the last month of data for PS2. I used to make quarterly articles, still do, but because I'm lazy I never put them up (VGC has text limits per post).

Also it's annoying, if I go to 2006, why can't I see PS2 data? PS2 was one of the best selling systems at the time. For 2011, no big deal, but for 2006, really?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results