By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - GamrReview Game of the Year - Official PC Voting Thread [CLOSES 7th Dec]

Voting ends 7th December 2011

It's almost the end of the year, and you know what that means. This has been a fantastic year for gaming on all platforms, but the PC definitely has an edge on indie games, and continues to receive pretty much every PS360 multiplatform game released, often with mods thrown in.

You are not limited to one game per category. In fact, we encourage you to vote for as many as possible up to a maximum of five.

If you vote for 5 games, your votes are worth 3, 2, 1, .5, and .25 points.
If you vote for 4 games, your votes are worth 3, 2, 1 and .5 points,
If you vote for 3 games, your votes are worth 3, 2, and 1 points.
If you vote for 2 games, your votes are worth 2.5 and 1.5 points.
If you only vote for 1 game, your vote is worth 1.5 points.

A table to illustrate this:

Number of Votes

Points Allocated

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

Voting:

Follow the link to vote for your favourite games in each genre:

Survey Here

Online Surveys

Now, vote in the following categories:

Best Downloadable Game (open voting) [NOTE: The game must ONLY be available through download. Full games on Steam do not count]

Best New IP (open voting)

Best Graphics (open voting)

Best Original Music Score (open voting) - that means no licenced music (i.e. it can't be Madden, FIFA, Rocksmith, etc.)

Most Innovative (open voting)

Biggest Disappointment (open voting)

Most Anticipated Game (open voting) - that is, most anticipated upcoming release.

PC Game of the Year (open voting)

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Best Downloadable Game: Minecraft

2. Orcs Must Die!

3. Dungeons of Dreadmor 

4. Bastion

5. The Binding of Isaac 

Best New IP: Minecraft

2. Bastion

3. Hard Reset

4. Dungeons of Dredmor

Best Graphics: The Witcher 2 (the best mix of technical wizardry and artistry, no other game I played has both at such a high level)

2. Batman: Arkham City

3. Bastion

4. Battlefeild 3

5. Crysis 2

Most Innovative: Minecraft

2. Frozen Synapse

3.  The Binding of Isaac 

Biggest Disappointment: RAGE

Most Anticipated Game: Bioshock: Infinite

2. Metro: Last Light

3. Xenonauts

4. Starcraft 2: HotS

PC Game of the Year: TES V: Skyrim (sorry TW2, Skyrim is just so vast and I love exploration in games)

2. The Witcher 2

3. Batman: Arkham City

4. Deus Ex: HR

5. Portal 2

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Can I vote for StarCraft II?

For goty: the new Deus Ex.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Silly question but, do we have to vote in the thread or in the survey? Just asking because... well, you have put a survey that has none of the categories you mention.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:
Silly question but, do we have to vote in the thread or in the survey? Just asking because... well, you have put a survey that has none of the categories you mention.

I believe what he's doing is giving you a survey for the genre specific awards and then asking you to post your votes for the open categories where you can pick anything released this year on PC.

Torillian said:
JEMC said:

I believe what he's doing is giving you a survey for the genre specific awards and then asking you to post your votes for the open categories where you can pick anything released this year on PC.

You had troubles with the Game of the Year polls because you couldn't put all the categories in one survey, so you did 3 surveys. Maybe it's the same here and he didn't bother to make a second one.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Torillian said:
JEMC said:

You had troubles with the Game of the Year polls because you couldn't put all the categories in one survey, so you did 3 surveys. Maybe it's the same here and he didn't bother to make a second one.

Well the overall awards have more categories since there are more games so you can populate categories like Best Licensed music enough to make that an award.  He probably just didn't want to go through the hastle of trying to pick and choose what should be in the open categories.

Survey done, now the rest.

Best Downloadable Game_ Bastion

Best New IP_ Dead Island

Best Graphics_ Battlefield 3

Best Original Music Score_ - (Haven't heard enough, I can't vote)

Most Innovative_ Minecraft

Biggest Disappointment_ Dragon Age II

Most Anticipated Game_ Mass Effect 3

PC Game of the Year_ Skyrim

I wanted to leave the open categories open (hence the name "open categories")

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective