By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 3 My impressions.

Boutros said:
I stopped at "I never really did like Uncharted 1 or 2".

i did put a warning

Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

Around the Network

i agree with you, when it comes to Sony fans, they hype this game way too much, but in reality its way overrated, the same thing exactly happens with Microsoft fans and the Gears Of War series, that game series, is even more overrated and bland as this one (hey atleast Uncharted has interesting characters)

Wagram said:
They're wasting talent on a series that has no future but yet it's a multi million selling franchise. That's quite interesting.

i actually agree, amy hennig is one of the best game Script writer, she wrote the script of the Legacy Of Kain series, that series has one of the best scripts in all medium not just video games it has that  epic poetry type of writing, and now she is stuck with uncharted, and writing one liners and generic blockbuster cutscene lines , its very sad.

as for Naughty dog they are very limting theirselves, i know they can do better than this linear shooter stuff, but its too bad that it is selling way too much that they don't bother any more , Jak is a great series, and so was their Crash games, but Uncharted while its good, its not really unique at all, and very limiting in imagination.

Aldro said:
@dsage1
I too dont know anyone in rl that dislikes UC xD. Let the guy have his opinion. Doesnt change anything for us nor Uncharted & ND's amazing critical acclaim. I can already see next gen:
"IGN only gave 10s in all categories to UC3, MGS4, GTA4? etc).

It'll be mentioned for a long time I reckon. "highest ps3 exclusive on gametrailers". Double 10's by Gamereactor. These are all places I hang and for the game to get called a masterpiece, whilst i had seen so much footage YET manages to Wow me after a 7th damn preview..

What more can a man ask xD

Better pacing? A worth-while final boss fight?

Signature goes here!

I get very annoyed at the complaints saying that the game is too linear.

To me, it's the same as saying games like Gradius, Contra or New Super Mario Bros Wii are too linear... You always go from left to right...

Around the Network

The only thing I object to is the claim that it's glitchy in the single player. For me it was rock solid, I didn;t find any glitchiness.

I agree there are faults in the game. But I really like the cinematic type of game so I can overlook the faults and really enjoy the game. In the same manner the linearity is a non-issue. If you want open world, or multiple patch play Assassins Creed, or most RPGs (but not FFXIII), don't go into UC3 expecting open world style. It's the one criticism I think is really weak, as if reviewers should be expecting something different. I haven't played multiplayer so I dunno anything about the complaints there.

I am disappointed they excluded sprint from the SP campaign, I think that could have been used to further develop the up the game play. It could be the "realistic" version of the double jump.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

o_O.Q said:
its a bit odd that you've played uncharted 3 and yet there are no trophies from it at all assigned to your profile...
but whatever we all have our own unique tastes

i usually play games on one of  my other accounts (of wich i have many) then if i like them i will put them on my mrx95 profile so that people only see the things i like. I like to think it shows more me than a random load of games shuved into one profile

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

Ajescent said:
If you didn't like 1 or 2 why on earth would you play 3?

precisely what I was thinking...

chris.m95 said:
o_O.Q said:
its a bit odd that you've played uncharted 3 and yet there are no trophies from it at all assigned to your profile...

i usually play games on one of  my other accounts (of wich i have many) then if i like them i will put them on my mrx95 profile so that people only see the things i like. I like to think it shows more me than a random load of games shuved into one profile

Ok, so you start on one of your other accounts so friends cannot see the titles you dont like on your profile (we all know how desastrous this would be right). Then if you like the game, you copy the save file to your main account? If you dont like the game, you give it away. Am I getting this right?

Icyedge said:
chris.m95 said:
o_O.Q said:

Ok, so you start on one of your other accounts so friends cannot see the titles you dont like on your profile (we all know how desastrous this would be right). Then if you like the game, you copy the save file to your main account? If you dont like the game, you give it away. Am I getting this right?

sorta.

its caus i have a reputation to keep up :P

PSN addy - mrx95