By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How far are you in Skyward Sword?

Tagged games:

How Far Are You?

I am in the Intro 31 15.42%

I just beat the 1st dungeon 27 13.43%

I am like in the middle 26 12.94%

I am not that far from being finished 22 10.95%

I am done 50 24.88%

I have no idea how far I am 23 11.44%

Neutral 22 10.95%

Total:201

Well, in my opinion, this game provides a huge improvement over what we've got in the last decade. One of those improvements it that there's no feeling of emptiness in the world of Skyward Sword, unlike the previous worlds from the previous games. Now we have all the localizations connected in one hub-world, which by itself has a lot of exploration to been done. Link is more agile and fast than ever. Everything feels more alive, and there's quite some beautiful environments in this game.
And let's not talk about the 1:1 ratio provided by the WMP. That allowed Nintendo to be really creative with the puzzles, Link's movement, inventory and enemies.

I'm at the sand ship level btw. Loved jumping from the f*cking top of the mountain to the bottom. Was Link ever allowed to do this before? No, he wasn't. He never had one parachute before. And the puzzle with the time crystal after that was a joy (almost every puzzle in this game is). I hope there's more of that in the ship. :p

Best Zelda game ever!

Around the Network

So far Im loving it, the cut scenes were pretty funny. Im really liking the "upgrading your gear" feature. My only complaint are the hints that the first dungeon gives you. I was able to understand them; its just the-search for the clues was a real pain. Also the boss was a bitch to beat, but that was because of me since Im not yet fully used to the 1:1 controls.

I finished the third temple, and i'm not really seeing the 10/10 or the best zelda evar. Be this as it may, I am enjoying the crap out of it, and I'm pretty sure it will really pick up towards the third act.

I'm surprised with all the beef people have with the introduction. I thought it was great. I love how the characters are established. Goose and Zelda are awesome. Something I don't dig at all are the stupid fetch quests, that bring the game's pacing to a stand still. Twilight princess had some excelent pre-temple tasks that really helped forward the story and develop the characters. Not much of that in skyward sword.

Still though, great game.

What's "Neutral"?

I still haven't played it

It should arrive to my mailbox sometime later today (5 ish hrs more).
Although, I'll probably not play until tomorrow. Too sleepy.

Around the Network

Finished 5th dungeon, doing some things before looking for the sixth

i hope to be somewhere in the middle I have played all weekend.

28 hours of gameplaying.

Switch!!!

miz1q2w3e said:
What's "Neutral"?

For those who don't have the game yet

Also for those who finished the 2nd dungeon is it better then the normal fire dungeons we usually get and does it have a item we can use to destroy the enemies?

@fedfed

Is the game really that long? If you had to play all weekend and only be in the middle

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

To busy with Skyrim, so i only cleared the first dungeon. Will play this and AC later this year though.

killeryoshis said:
miz1q2w3e said:
What's "Neutral"?

For those who don't have the game yet

Also for those who finished the 2nd dungeon is it better then the normal fire dungeons we usually get and does it have a item we can use to destroy the enemies?

@fedfed

Is the game really that long? If you had to play all weekend and only be in the middle

The fire dungeon is actually quite nice imo.

Also, the item you get is definitely one you will use quite often, as it is a very standard zelda item.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.