By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How far are you in Skyward Sword?

Tagged games:

How Far Are You?

I am in the Intro 31 15.42%

I just beat the 1st dungeon 27 13.43%

I am like in the middle 26 12.94%

I am not that far from being finished 22 10.95%

I am done 50 24.88%

I have no idea how far I am 23 11.44%

Neutral 22 10.95%

Total:201

I am still cleaning my Wii from its Dust - but I need to know - do I need a Wii Motion Plus or whatever its called to play the game or is a WiiMote + Nunchuk fine (I know I probably wont get the full action without it, but I don't want to go out there, buy the game, then return home after ~1,5 hours of driving to find out I have to get the device...

Around the Network
Stefl1504 said:
I am still cleaning my Wii from its Dust - but I need to know - do I need a Wii Motion Plus or whatever its called to play the game or is a WiiMote + Nunchuk fine (I know I probably wont get the full action without it, but I don't want to go out there, buy the game, then return home after ~1,5 hours of driving to find out I have to get the device...

you need to the wiimotion plus to play the game. Unless you got the collectors edition that has the wiimote with the game which the motion plus is built in.

Gnac said:
Eh, dunno. I've yet to fill in the hexagon in the top-right of the quest screen, and the two bottom-left slots on the collectables screen. I'm getting a bit worried that the game's going to end soon, though I've only put 35 hours in.

If you have yet to fill in the hexagon (but have all the songs) then in the main story there is a final trial and a very clever dungeon left before the final battles. If you just do those bits, I'd guess about 3 hours worth.
The 4 things in the bottom left of the collectibles screen are sidequest related items (given you haven't got the bottom left slots, you also won't have the one on the right for gratitude crystals completed, there will be a tick by it when you get them all)

Also here are some facts about the second quest:
 - Cut-scenes are skippable.
 - Text is still not skippable though I think it might be scrolling faster (maybe it's my imagination)
 - Double damage from everything (falling/enemies/lava etc)
 - There are no hearts to collect when you get hurt! (ie no heart flowers, cutting grass or smashing pots won't give you hearts) the only ways to get your health back up if you lose some is by finding a heart piece, using potions or fairies or if you find a seat or bed to relax on (obviously beds are skyloft only, seats can be found on the ground but I don't think there are any in the dungeons) [oh, not tried drawing a heart on the magic walls yet, they may give them out]
 - You keep your bugs and treasures that you had at the end of the first quest, which is useful because you will need to upgrade quicker and actually use some potions (I didn't really need potions much till the end, I have probalby used more in the second playthrough than I did in the first, even though I am only just past the first dungeon)

RolStoppable said:
I finished the game right around the 30 hours mark, so as fast as Twilight Princess. I had done more of the sidequests in Skyward Sword though (finished this game with 18 hearts). This combined with the more cumbersome travelling makes SS a significantly shorter game than TP. Worse, it only reaches this amount of playtime by including several tasks that are blatant fillers.

I think I am going to make a "50 things I hate about Skyward Sword" thread once I am done with the second quest and found everything.

That means the game is worse than Twilight Princess?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

I've given up on it. Far to many annoying elements to the game. I'm not liking the controls. It keeps going off centre which is soooo frustrating. Stamina guage is an unwelcome addition. A couple of of spin attacks and Link's gauge is empty and you're completly open to attack. Save statues are a step backwards too. I wish i could enjoy the game as the Zelda series is one of my all time favourites. It hurts me to say it but it's the worst Zelda game ever. Such a shame.

Around the Network
Faxanadu said:
RolStoppable said:
I finished the game right around the 30 hours mark, so as fast as Twilight Princess. I had done more of the sidequests in Skyward Sword though (finished this game with 18 hearts). This combined with the more cumbersome travelling makes SS a significantly shorter game than TP. Worse, it only reaches this amount of playtime by including several tasks that are blatant fillers.

I think I am going to make a "50 things I hate about Skyward Sword" thread once I am done with the second quest and found everything.

That means the game is worse than Twilight Princess?

A Link to the Past, Ocarina of TIme and Majora's Mask are shorter than Twilight Princess, and the three put to shame TP easily. Since development, Miyamoto stated that the want to do with Skyward Sword a more compact dense world, as Majora's Mask, instead of a big empty-boring overworld, such as Twilight Princess.

That way, you'll want to revisit and try to discover every secret. Something that, in my opinion, they do very good. There are a lot of things to do in the overworld, trials to pass to going to point A to B, and not only walking.

Anyway, everyone has their own opinion.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Darndest thing. I went to Gamestop to check the game and they had it in stock but no WM+ bundles. So I went to Wal-Mart to buy it. Got WWE '12 and Skyward Sword (w/ controller and CD) and went to check out. They wouldn't let me by it. It said "sale prohibited".

I know it's $59 on Friday and $69 today. I plan to be at a store at that time so maybe it's best for me to save the $10 and just wait a day (and the wait shall be painful) but the whole thing is just plain weird.

I'm in the Wal-Mart parking lot stashing WWE '12 right now (GF is buying groceries). Maybe I'll step back in and try it again.....

d21lewis said:
Darndest thing. I went to Gamestop to check the game and they had it in stock but no WM+ bundles. So I went to Wal-Mart to buy it. Got WWE '12 and Skyward Sword (w/ controller and CD) and went to check out. They wouldn't let me by it. It said "sale prohibited".

I know it's $59 on Friday and $69 today. I plan to be at a store at that time so maybe it's best for me to save the $10 and just wait a day (and the wait shall be painful) but the whole thing is just plain weird.

I'm in the Wal-Mart parking lot stashing WWE '12 right now (GF is buying groceries). Maybe I'll step back in and try it again.....

Sorry, you have to be at least 35 years of age to buy Skyward Sword. I suggest you get a parent or carer to purchase the game for you.

i think the game gets better and better so i don't get what Rol is talking about.

things i find annoying are:

items you find show text that you've already read but once you visit a new area it pops up again. i think this should happen once for every item for the entire game! and please Nintendo lose that song... its so ruins the mood when i'm fighting and that tone comes up all happy and like nothing is happening :P

lots of text...

un-skippable text and i hate that you can't speed it up as well

why can't i swing my sword while running? i could in TP so why not in SS?

I like everything els so far though! oh and the spirit realm makes you stay on your toes which is fun!
Lenayro is one awesome place and i just love how the two in one world works! really innovative!

I'm at the boat now

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Got it from Gamestop!!

And while I avoided pretty much any info on this game--including reviews and trailers--I accidentally read two posts on this thread (damn ability to glance at something an read it instantly...) Rol's post and RedInker's post right above mine. They don't seem too pleased with the game.

I hope I can add Skyward Sword to the list of games that really satisfied/surprised me this holiday season (along with Batman, Mario 3D, and Gears 3) and not to the list of games I bought that let me down (Dance Central 2, Saints Row 3, Uncharted 3). I NEED this game to be awesome. It's my last big game of the year.