By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW UP 12th of November

Michael-5 said:
dsage01 said:
Michael-5 said:

Yea, but Assassin's Creed is a single player game, where MW3 is multiplayer, and I'm not huge on Call of Duty either. I just like the co-op in Modern Warfare 2 and 1 was a great first game like AC1.

Also Zelda released on the 20th, which was this week. So we won't see a big Wii boost yetm unless Zumba Fitness 2 is huge.

Also Uncharted 3 isn't doing that well. Uncharted 2 had a stronger week 2 despite releasing earlier into the holiday season. Like Gears it's frontloaded.

If you compare the competition Uncharted 2 had in October (almost nothing) and Uncharted 3 in Novemeber (biggest game of all time in the week after it came out and the biggest RPG launch this year and second to this gen only behind FF13) and BF3 (one of the most hyped games of all time come just one week before it) add other big sellers like AC, Halo and Zelda how could will Uncharted 3 sales be in the second week? But don't worry it will outsell Uncharted 2 for sure and it should hold up at least 150k every week this holiday.

That's the same reason Halo: Reach isn't selling as well as Halo 3. Doesn't change the fact that Halo Reach isn't selling as well as Halo 3, and Uncharted 2 is looking to sell more poorly then Uncharted 3.

Also Uncharted 3 is being bundled pretty substantially.

I don't think any major exclusive this gen will outsell their predesessor now, consoles are over the hill. Gears 3 will beat Gears 1 and 2, but not by as much as many though, Forza 4 might not pass Forza 3, LBP2 won't beat LBP1, same with Motorstorm...Uncharted 3 is in the same boat. Killzone 3 might top Killzone 2, but the difference won't be huge.

Also Halo is a remake. Not a full pledge Halo, and it;s on a different console. That's like saying Zelda will affect Modern Warfare 3 (PS360) sales.

At least try to read my post. What your saying makes no sense at all after looking at my post. And yes MW3 sales did affect Zelda sales. It sold like crap on the U.K. in the first week even below a Halo remake which had no hype. But it may have good legs once the competition is gone as Nintendo games tend to be more leggy. And only based on two weeks data how could you judge Uncharted 3 sales. And that too with many people in denial that it is under tracked. And Uncharted 2 had many bundles since the first day of release. Uncharted 3 didn't have as many bundles compared to UC2. Agreed many of those games will not pass their predesessor at this stage but the games you listed on top had a huge reason why there not selling as well. If it makes you happy I'll list them for you.

Killzone 3: -less hype and scores than Killzone 2

Forza 4: Less hype and Forza 3 had way too many bundles

LBP2: - Bad timing (No game sells in Jan LBP is a holiday type game)

Halo 3: First Halo and more hype

Motorstorm - new games have no hype and less bundles 

Around the Network
dsage01 said:
Michael-5 said:
dsage01 said:

If you compare the competition Uncharted 2 had in October (almost nothing) and Uncharted 3 in Novemeber (biggest game of all time in the week after it came out and the biggest RPG launch this year and second to this gen only behind FF13) and BF3 (one of the most hyped games of all time come just one week before it) add other big sellers like AC, Halo and Zelda how could will Uncharted 3 sales be in the second week? But don't worry it will outsell Uncharted 2 for sure and it should hold up at least 150k every week this holiday.

That's the same reason Halo: Reach isn't selling as well as Halo 3. Doesn't change the fact that Halo Reach isn't selling as well as Halo 3, and Uncharted 2 is looking to sell more poorly then Uncharted 3.

I don't think any major exclusive this gen will outsell their predesessor now, consoles are over the hill. Gears 3 will beat Gears 1 and 2, but not by as much as many though, Forza 4 might not pass Forza 3, LBP2 won't beat LBP1, same with Motorstorm...Uncharted 3 is in the same boat. Killzone 3 might top Killzone 2, but the difference won't be huge.

Also Halo is a remake. Not a full pledge Halo, and it;s on a different console. That's like saying Zelda will affect Modern Warfare 3 (PS360) sales.

At least try to read my post. What your saying makes no sense at all after looking at my post. And yes MW3 sales did affect Zelda sales. It sold like crap on the U.K. in the first week even below a Halo remake which had no hype. But it may have good legs once the competition is gone as Nintendo games tend to be more leggy. And only based on two weeks data how could you judge Uncharted 3 sales. And that too with many people in denial that it is under tracked. And Uncharted 2 had many bundles since the first day of release. Uncharted 3 didn't have as many bundles compared to UC2. Agreed many of those games will not pass their predesessor at this stage but the games you listed on top had a huge reason why there not selling as well. If it makes you happy I'll list them for you.

I did read you post, and I said most major exclusives aren't selling as well as predecessors, not just Uncharted. It's called expanding the scope of the debate.

Why is hype dying? More competition. Black Ops hype hurt Halo and Killzone 3 hype, GT5's release hurt Forza 4's hype (and the limitations of the 360 prevented too much of an improvement over Forza 3), and releasing in January shouldn't affect casual game sales. Mario Kart Wii sold fine before bundling, and God of War 3 (not casual) sold fine with a March release. At this point in the console war, Call of duty is stealing all the sales, and exclusives are only good well, no better then before.

As for MW3 affecting Zelda sales....Do you really beleive that? WOW

Your right Uncharted 2 had a lot of day 1 bundles, but Uncharted 3 doesn't have any less. It had the limited edition bundle, plus most retailers are bundling the game with PS3's anyway. I'm actually really surprised at sales because I think Uncharted 3 is bundled just as heavy as Halo: Reach is, but it's not selling as well as it should (Mind you 360 owners can't buy a 250GB 360 without Halo: Reach in many region, PS3 owners still have a choice).

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:
dsage01 said:
Michael-5 said:
dsage01 said:

I did read you post, and I said most major exclusives aren't selling as well as predecessors, not just Uncharted. It's called expanding the scope of the debate.

Why is hype dying? More competition. Black Ops hype hurt Halo and Killzone 3 hype, GT5's release hurt Forza 4's hype (and the limitations of the 360 prevented too much of an improvement over Forza 3), and releasing in January shouldn't affect casual game sales. Mario Kart Wii sold fine before bundling, and God of War 3 (not casual) sold fine with a March release. At this point in the console war, Call of duty is stealing all the sales, and exclusives are only good well, no better then before.

As for MW3 affecting Zelda sales....Do you really beleive that? WOW

Your right Uncharted 2 had a lot of day 1 bundles, but Uncharted 3 doesn't have any less. It had the limited edition bundle, plus most retailers are bundling the game with PS3's anyway. I'm actually really surprised at sales because I think Uncharted 3 is bundled just as heavy as Halo: Reach is, but it's not selling as well as it should (Mind you 360 owners can't buy a 250GB 360 without Halo: Reach in many region, PS3 owners still have a choice).

Umm you do know there's only one Uncharted 3 (320 gb one) bundle right? There was at least 3-4 Uncharted 2 bundles on the day of launch. And Halo Reach is now getting to a point where it's more bundled than Forza 3. And MW3 is one of the factors why Zelda is doing not as well as expected all across Europe. And Mario Kart Wii and God of War 3 had plenty of hype that's why they had huge launches in the U.S.A. and there strong and stableized fanbased. And as for GT5 hurting Forza 4 hype...GT5 probably only had hype from it's hardcore fans for all I can rememeber Forza 2 had more hype than GT5. And really your just repeatdly saying what I'm saying and still disagreeing with me

ethomaz said:

Due the unfair ban I can't do that before... sorry guys .

GT5 sold 28,388 (-21%) this week.... weird again because PS3 sold more (+10%) this week.

I had a hard time believing such a gentle soul as yourself could actually manage to get banned. We need that chart of yours every week, so it's good to have you back.

pezus said:
trasharmdsister12 said:
pezus said:
I can't live like this people! I need some numbers and I need them soon

Orally dictate the first 69 numbers in the Fibonacci sequence. That should quench your hunger-thirst for a bit.

Thank god for google! Otherwise I'd have no idea what you were talking about

You missed 'The Da Vinci Code'?

Around the Network
acdcste said:
Anybody want to speculate on what the combined Mario 3d land numbers will be for US and Europe? Seen as though it looks like we won't be getting them for a couple of days. I reckon 700,000 and 3DS hardware over all regions to be in the 450,000-500,000 range this week. Also, don't forget the pink 3DS was released in Europe with Nintendogs and Cats.

I always knew it! Choosing this very week to update the site proves ioi is a MS fanboy, he conspired to delay and downplay the epic Mario and 3DS numbers making sure they'll be submerged a few days or even hours later by the huge XB360 BF numbers that will totally pwn American sales data! Mario's awesomeness will be forgotten in a matter of hours after its moment of glory! The world is so unjust to perv Italian plumbers!!!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
acdcste said:
Anybody want to speculate on what the combined Mario 3d land numbers will be for US and Europe? Seen as though it looks like we won't be getting them for a couple of days. I reckon 700,000 and 3DS hardware over all regions to be in the 450,000-500,000 range this week. Also, don't forget the pink 3DS was released in Europe with Nintendogs and Cats.

I always knew it! Choosing this very week to update the site proves ioi is a MS fanboy, he conspired to delay and downplay the epic Mario and 3DS numbers making sure they'll be submerged a few days or even hours later by the huge XB360 BF numbers that will totally pwn American sales data! Mario's awesomeness will be forgotten in a matter of hours after its moment of glory! The world is so unjust to perv Italian plumbers!!!

They should be posted either today or tomorrow. BF numbers won't be up until next week. 

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Christian973 said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
acdcste said:

They should be posted either today or tomorrow. BF numbers won't be up until next week. 

But if next week American numbers will be again early as usual, XB360' BF numbers will stomp Mario ones to death before it's allowed to fully develop its hype! It's a conspiracy against Italian plumbers and maybe the whole Italy!  ioi is surely a Freemason in the same Lodge of Mario Monti and other Goldman Sachs present and former execs and moneyhatted politicians!!! And now I see even more horrible things! They surely want to secretly kidnap and kill the one true Mario and replace him with Mario Monti, cleverly disguised with plastic surgery and fake plumber clothes!!! We are D0M3D!!!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

what happened this week? Where are the charts?

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

ghettoglamour said:
what happened this week? Where are the charts?

Believe its delayed because of some kind of site update.  

Sad times indeed, we need out number fix!!