By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW UP 12th of November

Hyruken said:
pezus said:
Hyruken said:
Not shocked at the 360 numbers, but shocked at the people crying about it....

It happens every year in the build up to the holidays, you think people would learn by now.

Also just thought i would add something to the whole "Europe" thing. In case you have not heard countries like Spain,France,Italy,Greece and now maybe Germany are in financial trouble. In Spain 40% of ages 16-35 are out of a job. That is the gaming audience. I am surprised that the numbers for all the consoles are that high right now in europe considering the eurozone issues.

The sad thing is the numbers will continue to mirror last years and the year before that, and the year before that but yet people will still cry undertrackz for da ps3!! Sony never wins the holidays. Feck even November last year in the NPD 360 sold 1.4m and the PS3 sold only 500k. An almost 900k gap just from that one month.

I think very few people honestly expected PS3 to be doing better then 360 in the run up to holidays.

Bolded: I see an error in your reasoning.

Why don't you list EMEAA numbers for November last year while you're at it, and maybe Japan too?

There is no error. The point i was making was to show that at this time of the year 360 sells more. That isn't even debatable.

To save an argument the WORLDWIDE numbers for november last year was 360 - 2.218m and PS3 - 1.8m. That was with the launch of GT5 and the bundles etc

What i was trying to say was that 360 numbers in the states from this period until the end of the holidays are always stronger then the PS3. This year will be no different. The high numbers in the US make up for the EMEAA and Japan numbers. With what is happening in europe with the financial situation i would expect ps3 and 360 numbers to be well down on last years in EMEAA.

You mention last year, but if you go back just one more, 2009, you will see that the PS3 performed better during the holiday season.  In Nov '09, the PS3 sold ~1.91 million, while the 360 only sold ~1.64 million.  In Dec '09, the PS3 sold ~3.93 million, while the 360 only sold ~2.71 million.  That's a lead of ~1.5 million in the PS3's favor.  In Americas for that year, the 360 only outsold the PS3 by 172K for both months combined.  So yea, Americas does not always make up for EMEAA and Japan numbers.  While I have no doubt this is going to be a great year for the 360 in Americas, the PS3 isn't going to exactly be a slouch there.  And it is going to rule EMEAA and Japan.  At least, in home consoles.

Around the Network

Hahaha this thread = LOL. So many bans.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

If XB360 HW and SW sales stay high until the end of the year, MS should be able again to recoup almost all the huge funds allocated for marketing. At least overall, as some Kinect games taken individually won't ever recoup their costs, Dance Central 2 for example cost in TV ads just in Italy more than its gross revenue, let alone profits, across the whole Europe (I'm actually surprised by DC 2 faring so bad, I'm not a Kinect fan, but I thought even since before its launch that it's perfect for dance games and for a subset of fitness and sports games).

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Incredible 360 numbers.

From this point till the end of the holidays the 360 will not be outsold a single week by another home console. You think these sales are big just wait till Black Friday, our projected 360 numbers are massive.

And some of the software this week is a little off tracked :-/

brilliant 360 numbers,i can't read the thread as my PC still down so don't have time,will they still pricecut now sometime or when do you think?

obviously MW3 is insane but great Skyrim numbers too in the same week,i bought Skyrim and love it too

UK 360 numbers are crazy

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

The xbox360 and kinect are heavily advertised in TV here in europe. I think more than PS3 and Wii together. At the moment I don't see that this multi-million marketing campaign will lead to adequately sales of the xbox.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
nice 360. can't say it wasn't expected. well M5 looks like history repeated its self. expect 360 to be on top next wk. likely not by 100k but its possible.

Reach impressive numbers 100k. UC3 still holding its own. will sell 2m before yrs end. likely 300k again next wk.

the black friday war will be interesting. if MS was hoping for MW3 to give them the edge then in the second wk of Nov. its looking possible. the PS360 gap 2.6m. Dec. will be interesting to see. i'm looking forward to next wk to see if the Skyrim MW3 boost holds. last 2 wks of Nov. looks to go to MS.

Next week anything can happen. 360 and PS3 sales will both fall, but will Halo and coloured PS3's make the fall not as bad?

UC3, like many games this fall which deserve better sales, is selling poorly. This generation is tired of multiple sequels (well except the mindless zombies), and it shows. Suck though because UC3, Gears 3, and Forza 4 are all great games.

I did say the 360 will likely outsell the PS3 this holiday, but not by much, and it won't surpass PS3 in annual sales. MS is selling 360's by retailers at $250 or less, chances are BF will help them more.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
nice 360. can't say it wasn't expected. well M5 looks like history repeated its self. expect 360 to be on top next wk. likely not by 100k but its possible.

Reach impressive numbers 100k. UC3 still holding its own. will sell 2m before yrs end. likely 300k again next wk.

the black friday war will be interesting. if MS was hoping for MW3 to give them the edge then in the second wk of Nov. its looking possible. the PS360 gap 2.6m. Dec. will be interesting to see. i'm looking forward to next wk to see if the Skyrim MW3 boost holds. last 2 wks of Nov. looks to go to MS.

Next week anything can happen. 360 and PS3 sales will both fall, but will Halo and coloured PS3's make the fall not as bad? great point. the fall shouldn't be to big with Halo and those colored consoles but i some how see PS3 winning the 3rd wk. now thats hard to say when considering the effect MW3 may still have on hardware. i still find it strange that PS3 saw no reall boost in hardware. didn't PS3 drop wk over wk in the EMEAA?

$149 4G 360 and $199 160G PS3 at wal-mart, best buy, and target. i say the PS3 is the better buy but both are great deals. the question is which one will have the biggest effect? 

UC3, like many games this fall which deserve better sales, is selling poorly. This generation is tired of multiple sequels (well except the mindless zombies), and it shows. Suck though because UC3, Gears 3, and Forza 4 are all great games. agreed but in comparison to UC2 UC3 is kicking more ass then need be, although it should be kicking more and taking some names with it. i was sick of sequels when MW2 came out lol. see thats what happens when you continue to put the same product out yr end and tr out but more then 23m people disagree sadly.

I did say the 360 will likely outsell the PS3 this holiday, but not by much, and it won't surpass PS3 in annual sales. MS is selling 360's by retailers at $250 or less, chances are BF will help them more. agreed. i expected 360 to sale 500k and PS3 to sale 400k MW3 wk. i was only 12k off how lucky can you get lol. again black friday is questionable in my eyes but as usual this gen history repeats its self, and now i'm seeing signs of PS3 winning 2012 aswell but thats to far ahead but i bring it up cause last month i didn't see it as i'm sure you remember.

well the holiday season also includes Dec. so what do you see? i'm looking for PS3 to take the first 2wks of Dec. after that i'm not to sure.

there is 250GB $199 360

BenVTrigger said:
Incredible 360 numbers.

From this point till the end of the holidays the 360 will not be outsold a single week by another home console. You think these sales are big just wait till Black Friday, our projected 360 numbers are massive.

And some of the software this week is a little off tracked :-/

Do you include the last week of Dec as part of the holidays?  If so, then the 360 will most likely be outsold that week.