By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Up! 12th November

ProdigyBam said:
sales2099 said:
Wow seeing how 360 hasn't got any form of price cut since 2009 (with the Elite dropping in $100 to replace the Pro), these are impressive numbers

I dont know why everyone says that, here in germany you can get a 250gb xbox 360 with forza 3, crysis 2 and halo: annivesarry for 250€ while the cheapest ps3 is 250 aswell, and the same is the case in the whole of europe.

And correct me if im wrong, but i thought there were deals like 100$ giftcard if you buy a 360 in the usa, i wouldnt say its the same price like in 2009, really..

BTW, it seems a bit weird to me that the ps3 didnt get a boost at all with skyrim, cod3 and mgs hd collection, but I personally dont believe the vgchartz numbers.

the ps3 is clearly undertracked in EMEAA, and it is strange that the gap between sonys reported number of sold software and vgchartz software numbers is MUCH bigger than the gaps from microsoft and nintendo software but its a free service i guess, so i wont complain anymore...

Deals are not the same as a full official price cut. 

PS3 didnt get a boost from Skyrim cause the origional Oblivion was on 360 first for over a year before it went to PS3. COD is a shooter and has the 360 limited edition console. Both games are just at home on 360, not so much on PS3. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

This what you were on about Seece?

At any rate, AMAZING rise for the 360, and so, so close for the other 3 consoles...

Also, highly impressive for Skyrim!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

kowenicki said:
Truly awesome numbers. A good indication of what a real price cut would do too...

360 will be massively up YOY... Perhaps it could have its best year in its sixth after all?

Eh? It'll probably be down 20k-40k YOY.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

ProdigyBam said:
sales2099 said:
Wow seeing how 360 hasn't got any form of price cut since 2009 (with the Elite dropping in $100 to replace the Pro), these are impressive numbers

I dont know why everyone says that, here in germany you can get a 250gb xbox 360 with forza 3, crysis 2 and halo: annivesarry for 250€ while the cheapest ps3 is 250 aswell, and the same is the case in the whole of europe.

And correct me if im wrong, but i thought there were deals like 100$ giftcard if you buy a 360 in the usa, i wouldnt say its the same price like in 2009, really..

BTW, it seems a bit weird to me that the ps3 didnt get a boost at all with skyrim, cod3 and mgs hd collection, but I personally dont believe the vgchartz numbers.

the ps3 is clearly undertracked in EMEAA, and it is strange that the gap between sonys reported number of sold software and vgchartz software numbers is MUCH bigger than the gaps from microsoft and nintendo software but its a free service i guess, so i wont complain anymore...

microsoft has never released total 360 software numbers so there goes that arguement. If you post things as facts make sure they are actually facts rather then random guesses that can easily be proven wrong. Anyway people need to realise that call of duty itself did not give the big boost to the 360 and thats why ps3 numbers didn't jump. 

This is what I think. Fable 3 sold 94k. That means the holiday 360 bundle sold around 84k. Kinect sold 100k that means the kinect bundles sold 80k. The mw3 bundle mainly sold to the huge cod fans that already have 360s and just wanted a custom one, not to new consumers. PS3 didn't get a cool looking console for call of duty so ps3 owners had no reason to buy another ps3 when mw3 came out.

And it seems like no one else noticed, but the gears 3 numbers really are terrible compared to other "big" games. Sales are down a lot this week. It looks like the game was indeed very frontloaded. Might not even sell 60k this week ww.

And why the hell do people keep complaing about EMEAA results in Americas sales thread. EMEAA has nothing to do with Americas. Wait one day till the EMEAA charts show up and then you can actually complain about them and not be completely off topic.

Who moderated my post hmm..

Around the Network

Beast sales for the 360.

BOOM!  FACE KICK!

This current week which will be reported next week will not have nearly as many good deals.

FYI

Gamestop - Ended 11/15
360 4GB Kinect Bundle includes $100 gift card
360 250GB Non-Kinect Bundle includes $60 gift card

Target
Free $50 Giftcard purchase of any system below
PS3 320GB Uncharted 3 bundle
X360 4GB Kinect Bundle

Best Buy
X360 250GB Holiday Bundle includes $75 gift card

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

kowenicki said:
postofficebuddy said:
kowenicki said:
Truly awesome numbers. A good indication of what a real price cut would do too...

360 will be massively up YOY... Perhaps it could have its best year in its sixth after all?

Eh? It'll probably be down 20k-40k YOY.

i know... I was a week behind...  still... its trending the right way at last.

kowenicki, are you among those who believe the next Xbox console will be released next year?...with the 360 having such a good sixth year, I keep thinking '2013' for the successor,  not next year.

Holy shit I was not expecting that from the 360. Is that all really COD or just the combined result of COD, holiday boost and gift card deals? I really like this place around this time of year though, so much to see.

I also believe these PS3 numbers are off and I think they will be adjusted up eventually, let's not be so quick to forget last holiday season.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

I really don't know why people think the PS3 is due for adjustment. This is America, the 360 had the COD bundle and sold close to 5 million. This is normal numbers compared to last couple years.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)