By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Up! 12th November

morenoingrato said:
Less than what I expected for the 360.....

What, is that America only?

Joking, well, excelent numbers all around, will be cool to see Wii next week.

honestly i said the same thing when i looked at mw3 on 360 and ps3

i forgot that this was only American numbers for a moment

Around the Network

Off topic: Yay @ mods.
I'm glad you're finally doing something about that. Now, please, do something about Ethomaz as soon as he comes here calling for undertracked

Also, Layton is doing ok

Deserved sales for Sexbox 360 and GODRIM.

---

Welcome back 360 :)

I'll have you know, I stood by your side for that last month or so while the nay sayers were putting you down Mr. Xbox, my lord.

360 straight beast.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

postofficebuddy said:
italo244 said:
360 #1 WW!

Btw, weird numers for PS3 since last week, when PS3 got a bundle with Uncharted 3, but still got a very small bump in HW. No bundle for the new releases this week, but that is still weird, cuz MW3 and Skyrim is big on PS3 too(not much as on 360).

Waiting for EMEAA, the diference betwen the 360 and the PS3 will be like 100k i think.

Probably more like 50k-60k. 360 isn't as big in EMEAA and it likely got a smaller % boost than in Americas, especially since Chart Track says MW3 sold less than Black Ops, so it will probably do about 480-500k WW. PS3 only needs a 15% boost in EMEAA to hit 400k this week.

Pretty sure they were talking about the UK specifically. Not the entire EMEAA.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Wow seeing how 360 hasn't got any form of price cut since 2009 (with the Elite dropping in $100 to replace the Pro), these are impressive numbers

I dont know why everyone says that, here in germany you can get a 250gb xbox 360 with forza 3, crysis 2 and halo: annivesarry for 250€ while the cheapest ps3 is 250 aswell, and the same is the case in the whole of europe.

And correct me if im wrong, but i thought there were deals like 100$ giftcard if you buy a 360 in the usa, i wouldnt say its the same price like in 2009, really..

BTW, it seems a bit weird to me that the ps3 didnt get a boost at all with skyrim, cod3 and mgs hd collection, but I personally dont believe the vgchartz numbers.

the ps3 is clearly undertracked in EMEAA, and it is strange that the gap between sonys reported number of sold software and vgchartz software numbers is MUCH bigger than the gaps from microsoft and nintendo software but its a free service i guess, so i wont complain anymore...

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY

PS3 sales are disappointing. I think Sony is happy PS3 sales are flat which is probably what they were going for with the small price cut.

Michael-5 said:
Looking at my local Best Buy ad, I can see why 360 sales have jumped. They are selling 250GB 360 consoles with Halo and Fable for $230 instead of $300. Kinect is also only $100, and XBLG subscriptions are $40 a year.

If 360 is this cheap now, how cheap will it be Black Friday?

I have trouble to understand that Halo bundle... is it digital? If so why VGC is tracking it? I don't saw it happen to Alan Wake or other digital releases.

I don`t understand american gamers.

there's really nothing surprising here.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)