By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Up! 12th November

360 sales are ridiculous. Lol. Wonder how EMEAA will be.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
psrock said:
I really don't know why people think the PS3 is due for adjustment. This is America, the 360 had the COD bundle and sold close to 5 million. This is normal numbers compared to last couple years.

Because in the last years had massive adjustments in holiday period... but that's for all consoles (360 had a huge adjustment is this week too).

Last year first numbers: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=119831&page=1

There were mostly 360 adjustments though. But NPD always showed the 360 sells massive numbers in November. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

expected the 360 to hit 300k but also expected the ps3 to atleast hit 150k. unless NPD shows different, no one can deny that these aint good sales for sony. its crazy, cause the rest of the world is in a whole different contrast but i guess the ps3 just never made it in north america. it still has a chance as its still at $250 but i think 360 will remain the most important console in north america. sony know what they need to work on next gen. regaining the american audience.

still feel the ps3 sales are too low, should be at least 200k

can anyone find the sales of ps3 last year when black ops came out?

Around the Network

@ StevenKreg: People like you (with this kind of thinking) are the reason most people outside America hate your country.

phinch1 said:
can anyone find the sales of ps3 last year when black ops came out?

PS3 is up 2% YoY.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Kees said:
@ StevenKreg: People like you (with this kind of thinking) are the reason most people outside America hate your country.

The thing as your statement is just as bad because you write as if you speak for the rest of the world. 

*Leaves thread*

chocoloco said:
Microsoft did wonders in marketing on many accounts from advertising, discounts and limited addition consoles. Well done because it looks like the money spent will be gained back with increased software sales. Sony probably cannot afford the same tactics and probably moved the majority of their advertising and hopes into the rest of the world. I think it is an admittance of defeat in the region and they will have a hard time getting it back next gen.

agree

well EMEAA should tell an even more interesting story no matter what it shows for hardware. PS3 about half of 360 sells in Americas. mesa smell something fishy but i don't really care at the moment to comment any further.