By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Up! 12th November

Not a chance in hell. As Duke Nukem would say, " Incoming!!!!!!!!!"

Around the Network

I think wii will be about 200K WW and about 300K- 350KK next week with zelda!

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

You gotta love holiday numbers...

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

yo_john117 said:
hatmoza said:
yo_john117 said:

Yeah Gears 3 is really selling lower than I thought it would....and it seems to not be going up either.

It will still beat Gears and Gears 2 numbers, but not by that much it seems.

Kinda off topic, but the few GOW fans I personally know are underwhelmed by the game.

That very well could be part of the problem. At first when I played Gears 3 it was awesome but after a while it got rather boring.

And the campaign was pretty boring and lame as well. I didn't even make it past the first Act.

Sounds like you're just not a Gears fan. If you couldn't make it out of the first act, I'm really wondering what you were expecting.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

themanwithnoname said:
yo_john117 said:
hatmoza said:
yo_john117 said:

Yeah Gears 3 is really selling lower than I thought it would....and it seems to not be going up either.

It will still beat Gears and Gears 2 numbers, but not by that much it seems.

Kinda off topic, but the few GOW fans I personally know are underwhelmed by the game.

That very well could be part of the problem. At first when I played Gears 3 it was awesome but after a while it got rather boring.

And the campaign was pretty boring and lame as well. I didn't even make it past the first Act.

Sounds like you're just not a Gears fan. If you couldn't make it out of the first act, I'm really wondering what you were expecting.

Yeah I've never really been a Gears fan. And to put that into even more perspective I have a hard time getting into a lot of video games these days.

Around the Network

Anyone know why the numbers on the front page are all underlined? :edit: Nevermind, back to normal now.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Troll_Whisperer said:
phinch1 said:
can anyone find the sales of ps3 last year when black ops came out?

PS3 is up 2% YoY.

sorry, i didnt explain what i wanted very well

I wanted two sets of numbers, I wanted the week sales in america the week before black ops and the week black ops released, compare the "boost"
from this years week before MW3 to know if im not just being too much of a ps3 fan boy in feeling that the US numbers are undertracked

phinch1 said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
phinch1 said:
can anyone find the sales of ps3 last year when black ops came out?

PS3 is up 2% YoY.

sorry, i didnt explain what i wanted very well

I wanted two sets of numbers, I wanted the week sales in america the week before black ops and the week black ops released, compare the "boost"
from this years week before MW3 to know if im not just being too much of a ps3 fan boy in feeling that the US numbers are undertracked

Went from 89,775 to 139,692(+56%)

DS > PS2 LT

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
well EMEAA should tell an even more interesting story no matter what it shows for hardware. PS3 about half of 360 sells in Americas. mesa smell something fishy but i don't really care at the moment to comment any further.

The X360 nearly outsold the PS3 last November by triple, double is nothing.