By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Up! 12th November

john117 not sure why you always worried about Gears 3 sales
just look at black friday deals,and last week have MW3 and Skyrim,drop about 9k is really normal
even i play this series less than 10mins and don't really like it,i don't think it will sold few numbers in black friday~chrismas

Around the Network
D-Joe said:

john117 not sure why you always worried about Gears 3 sales
just look at black friday deals,and last week have MW3 and Skyrim,drop about 9k is really normal
even i play this series less than 10mins and don't really like it,i don't think it will sold few numbers in black friday~chrismas

I'm not really worried about it, i'm just stating my thoughts on what it's going to do.

Could we please have the ability to see the charts by Console/Publisher again? I loved that feature

XB360 is insane! Good the others, except DS and PSP.
Heavy advertising for Kinect is working in America, I think it didn't outsell Balance Board so much ever before. Edit: except at launch, obviously.

XB360 outsells PS3 by more than 180k, I think the latter will be able to do just some damage control this week with Japan and EMEAA sales.
CoD must have really become the best system seller for XB360, but bigger than Halo was in the past or not? What about future? Will this be a record for non-BF, non-XMas weeks XB360 HW sales?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

COD is bigger than Halo however Halo 3 did really well back in 2007, its possible Halo 4 can do like 12+ million on the 360.

Around the Network

Okay so we're either overtracking Halo Reach or undertracking Alan Wake.

Carl2291 said:
Okay so we're either overtracking Halo Reach or undertracking Alan Wake.

Well, neither .. kinda.

Halo is going to be adjusted though, we know how well it's selling, but we don't normally track digital. So we're going to be consistant and adjust

ethomaz said:
Michael-5 said:
Looking at my local Best Buy ad, I can see why 360 sales have jumped. They are selling 250GB 360 consoles with Halo and Fable for $230 instead of $300. Kinect is also only $100, and XBLG subscriptions are $40 a year.

If 360 is this cheap now, how cheap will it be Black Friday?

I have trouble to understand that Halo bundle... is it digital? If so why VGC is tracking it? I don't saw it happen to Alan Wake or other digital releases.

Yes, I don't like what VGC is doing here. Copies of Halo in this bundle are digital, but those of Fable are hard copies.

Tracking Halo digital sales this way, by following Fable 3 sales is fine, but if your going to do it for Halo, do it for every game with a digital bundle, most notably Alan Wake.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

hatmoza said:
yo_john117 said:

Yeah Gears 3 is really selling lower than I thought it would....and it seems to not be going up either.

It will still beat Gears and Gears 2 numbers, but not by that much it seems.

Kinda off topic, but the few GOW fans I personally know are underwhelmed by the game.

As a pretty big Gears of War fan, I have to say this is not what I hear from people online when I play Gears, and this is not what I feel.

Gears 3 is by far, the most polished Gears game to date, and it has the longest, and deepest story. The narrative in Gears of War 1 was the best of the series, but the game was very limited (basic multiplayer, missing chapter, not much cinematics to explain the story).

Also yo-john, if Gears 3 outsold Gears 1/2 on a matching week, that's excellent. Gears 1/2 released in November, they should be peaking in holidays sales before a major drop now.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Seece said:

Well, neither .. kinda.

Halo is going to be adjusted though, we know how well it's selling, but we don't normally track digital. So we're going to be consistant and adjust

Meh, I just made a thread before coming back to this. Hopefully ioi sees it and says whats happening.