By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - i cant believe this has happened to me :'(

Tagged games:

Rockstar266 said:
she has no flaws :) she is a beautiful free spirited girl who loves traveling she is really smart and she is the most beautiful girl i have ever seen and no one in the entire world in my eyes will ever be as good as she is.

i would give up video games just for her i would do anything to make her smile

Would you do anything to make her smile?  Does that include asking her out?  Paying her a compliment?  Talking to her about her dreams for the future?  Because based on what you've described, it's obvious that she enjoys your company.  Don't you think it will make her happy to finally get to know you better?

When I read what you've written, I can see a part of you is avoiding responsibility for your shyness.  Notice how you said "i can't believe this has happened to me", but actually, that's a lie.  This isn't something that happened to you: you are 100% responsible for your actions that led to this.  And I think you actually do believe it because you are giving your shyness way too much credit and assuming it will always win.

Take it from someone who was painfully shy as a youngster (and trying to talk to girls several years older).  You aren't going to lose your shyness overnight, so don't wait until you think you're ready: that's not how it works.  You will gradually become less shy, but you simply must start practising today!  Accept the fact that you have shyness in you, but understand that it does not define you as a person: your actions do.

You are never helpless, even when you're feeling shy, you have the power to overcome it just by opening your mouth -- don't worry about saying the perfect thing.  When you lose a life, do you stop playing and blame your lack of skill?  Or do you keep fighting at it until you improve?

If this girl is really as important to you as you claim, then she's at least worth finding the energy to fight against your shyness and talk to her.  The worst thing you could do is to sit back and let one small aspect of your personality control your life.  It doesn't deserve to win, so take control of the situation and make it happen because she also deserves to know how you feel.  For what it's worth, I can totally see you succeeding tomorrow.

Around the Network

Don't fret. My brother was in love with a girl in highschool and he never once asked her out, and I don't think he ever went to school balls let alone asked her to dance. And he carried a candle for her in his heart through many years.

Then in his final couple of years of doing a long protracted PhD (physics) he happened to run into her in the university book store. It was the first time they'd seen each other since highschool.

Long story short, they've been married nearly 20 years and they have 2 kids.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

ebw said:
Rockstar266 said:
she has no flaws :) she is a beautiful free spirited girl who loves traveling she is really smart and she is the most beautiful girl i have ever seen and no one in the entire world in my eyes will ever be as good as she is.

i would give up video games just for her i would do anything to make her smile

Would you do anything to make her smile?  Does that include asking her out?  Paying her a compliment?  Talking to her about her dreams for the future?  Because based on what you've described, it's obvious that she enjoys your company.  Don't you think it will make her happy to finally get to know you better?

When I read what you've written, I can see a part of you is avoiding responsibility for your shyness.  Notice how you said "i can't believe this has happened to me", but actually, that's a lie.  This isn't something that happened to you: you are 100% responsible for your actions that led to this.  And I think you actually do believe it because you are giving your shyness way too much credit and assuming it will always win.

Take it from someone who was painfully shy as a youngster (and trying to talk to girls several years older).  You aren't going to lose your shyness overnight, so don't wait until you think you're ready: that's not how it works.  You will gradually become less shy, but you simply must start practising today!  Accept the fact that you have shyness in you, but understand that it does not define you as a person: your actions do.

You are never helpless, even when you're feeling shy, you have the power to overcome it just by opening your mouth -- don't worry about saying the perfect thing.  When you lose a life, do you stop playing and blame your lack of skill?  Or do you keep fighting at it until you improve?

If this girl is really as important to you as you claim, then she's at least worth finding the energy to fight against your shyness and talk to her.  The worst thing you could do is to sit back and let one small aspect of your personality control your life.  It doesn't deserve to win, so take control of the situation and make it happen because she also deserves to know how you feel.  For what it's worth, I can totally see you succeeding tomorrow.

omg this has to be the most helpfull thing yet!! thank you very much it's becomming much clearer what i should do

binary solo said:
Don't fret. My brother was in love with a girl in highschool and he never once asked her out, and I don't think he ever went to school balls let alone asked her to dance. And he carried a candle for her in his heart through many years.

Then in his final couple of years of doing a long protracted PhD (physics) he happened to run into her in the university book store. It was the first time they'd seen each other since highschool.

Long story short, they've been married nearly 20 years and they have 2 kids.

that has to be the most touching story ever :)

If you don't dare to speak to her just touch her. You can start by touching her arm.

Around the Network
bugrimmar said:
there are many fish in the sea.

Actually, due to intensive fishing methods and misguided legislation on ocean farming, there aren't many fish in the sea anymore.

Rockstar266 said:

at my school there is this very pretty greek girl, she looks like a godess (no joke) ive had a massive crush on her since grade 10 and everyone in my school knows this and her friends think im the cutest little thing ever, i first saw her in my grade 10 art class and we just stared at each other all lesson and for 2 whole years i was gutless to ask her out, then at the year 12 formal everyone dragged me up to the dance floor and pulled me to her and we were looking at each other and i just stood there and chocked "i didn't know what to do i was to shy to ask her to dance with me :'(" and after that i sat down in dissapointment and i turned around and we looked at each others eye's and i felt sooo guttered, then the next day everyone was telling me she would have said yes if i asked her to dance with me, now tomorow is my final day of school and i have lost the girl of my dreams' im listening to really sad 80's songs atm and im bout to cryyy i cant believe i was sooo gutless to ask her. :( plzz help me what do i do....

Aww you remind me a bit of myself. Look dude, I've regretted not approaching the girl i had a major crush on in highschool, and till now i think i would've been relieved even if she rejected me. At one point in your life you're gonna look back and regret not doing anything cause you won't know what would've happened. I got rejected by another major crush in highschool but really it doesn't affect me now like not knowing what could've been. And dude i think from what you've said, she'd definitely give you guys a shot! Man up and ask her out

highwaystar101 said:
bugrimmar said:
there are many fish in the sea.

Actually, due to intensive fishing methods and misguided legislation on ocean farming, there aren't many fish in the sea anymore.

1: You sir, whilst accurate (which is sad), just made me laugh. (+1 for you)

On topic:

Either ask her out, or don't.

If you don't, you'll get over it, trust me (might take 3-4 years though XD)

Annoyingly society dictates that girls are unlikely to ask you out, so unless she gets some guts and asks you, you are going to have to do the asking. 

Hmm, pie.

Get drunk and ask her out. When you're drunk word flow seamlessly. Watch Superbad, alcohol gets you laid bro.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.