By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2011 Discussion Thread

#49: Mario Kart Wii
Release Date: April 27, 2008
Consoles Played On: Wii

If you know anything about me, then you know that when it comes to racing games, I place my love and devotion to the more arcadey ones. The more realistic they become, the sleepier I become (scientists are still trying to understand the connection between us... although some have suggested that the cause may be extreme boredom). But when there's a racer with turtle shells, banana peels, and plumbers involved, sign me up! There's over 300 hours of playtime with Mario Kart Wii, and it's all because of the series' tried and true gameplay and amazing multiplayer mayhem. Whether it's online (still one of Wii's best online titles), with 3 friends on a couch (still the best way to play!), or you by yourself trying to get all the medals, the game is super fun any way to play. Bring on Mario Kart 7.

Favorite Racer: Bowser
Favorite Track: DK Summit

@Kaiser

Yeah, I didn't purchase the game until it came out on the iPhone, but once I had a taste of PvZ... I needed more! More! So I downloaded the PC version a little while later (Whack-a-Zombie is much more difficult on the PC...), and then this year I purchased the DSiWare version on the eShop. Heck, I even bought my sister the retail game for her DSLite.

Around the Network

I'll have to start editing in my reason in soon....now I just got to find time in between Skyrim, food and more Skyrim.

Former something....

Any chance we could get the main topic stickied for the duration of the thing? It's slipping down :(

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

#49 Super Castlevania IV (SNES).  Eight directional whip is awesome.

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

RolStoppable said:
Ajescent said:
Any chance we could get the main topic stickied for the duration of the thing? It's slipping down :(

Just keep accessing it through the link in the original post of this thread or bookmark it.

I've already asked Machina to sticky it, and he said he'd do so once it was out of view. Also he needs to do it as payment for posting in the Official Thread (Jerk).

@PhantomLink

Ya know, this sounds crazy coming from a Castlevania fan (I've played and beaten every single Iga-vania out there, plus Lords of Shadow), but I haven't even touched an old-school Castlevania game. I really need to get on that, especially since I can get them on the Virtual Console (plus Adventure Rebirth).

Around the Network
Smeags said:
Ya know, this sounds crazy coming from a Castlevania fan (I've played and beaten every single Iga-vania out there, plus Lords of Shadow), but I haven't even touched an old-school Castlevania game. I really need to get on that, especially since I can get them on the Virtual Console (plus Adventure Rebirth).

I still haven't played Adventure Rebirth but all other classic Castlevania are good (even Simon's Quest haha)

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

PhantomLink said:

I still haven't played Adventure Rebirth but all other classic Castlevania are good (even Simon's Quest haha)

After watching The Angry Video Game Nerd... I'm somewhat hesitant to play Simon's Quest.

Swing (Marble Master in NA) PSOne http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcq_Cebmh9o&feature=related
One of my most favourite puzzle games, EVER!!!

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Damn!!! I've just remembered one of my favourite games that I completely forgot when making up my list
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZYFiBCDAhI

I feel so ashamed I forgot about Tunnel B1 :(

Just added my 48th: Snowboard Kids on the N64.
Great game.

Oh, and I just made my text bigger, shame my post isn't above Rols.
I won't be adding pics to my list though, too much effort... and the page is going to take 10 minutes to load even if only half a dozen people add a pic to each rank. Svennoj has the best method, add a pic to todays game, delete old ones. I may do that in my top 10.