By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales: Week 44, 2011 (Oct 31 - Nov 06)

Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
yo_john117 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
yo_john117 said:
kopstudent89 said:
yo_john117 said:
Smeags said:
So with Japanese #'s in we can expect the following WW:

3DS: ~381,000
PS3: ~351,000
360: ~277,000
Wii: ~244,000
DS: ~124,000
PSP: ~120,000

Next week is going to be just insane.

3DS--over 400k easy

PS3--420k

360--400k

Wii--over 300k

That's about what I think will happen.

Well given that Japan will definitely have a drop next week, i would beg to differ. 3DS will probably get similar numbers as the japanese decline will be offsetted elsewehere. 

More importantly i realized just how big SM3D Land's FW is.. Usually titles releasing close to the holidays have lower FW with bigger legs! Doing 340 k this week gives it a huge chance for 1 million before new year. In comparison SMG2 did 721 k for the first 10 weeks in Japan. So it's not to farfetched to think that 1 million is plausable, and maybe there is a chance for 1.5mil-2 mil LTD? A 3D mario revival perhaps

Was there a big 3DS game that came out this week which boosted the numbers in Japan?

http://technabob.com/blog/2011/10/06/nintendo-3ds-ice-white-japan/

Thanks. So 3DS should be about the same next week (due to better numbers everywhere else)

could be even better I think..i mean the hw is a MH themed one too so ...yeah. Ninty is going all out :D

The Monster Hunter themed 3DS isn't out yet, just the plain white 3DS released this week.

I think by the time Mario Kart releases, the 3DS will destroy everything. It will probably most definitely be the second best selling console behind the PS3, and it think it can come close to it

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
Wow look at the Just Dance drop off... -8% in its 4th week... hope it will have killer legs

This reminded me that I will never unterstand why Sony hasn't released Singstar game in Japan. You know the country that is famous of its love for karaoke?

now that i saw the numbers for 1st week for BF3 & U3 and 2nd week FF Type-O im really excited to see how its gonna be next week...i pray for FF Type-O legs...

yo_john117 said:
kopstudent89 said:
yo_john117 said:
Smeags said:
So with Japanese #'s in we can expect the following WW:

3DS: ~381,000
PS3: ~351,000
360: ~277,000
Wii: ~244,000
DS: ~124,000
PSP: ~120,000

Next week is going to be just insane.

3DS--over 400k easy

PS3--420k

360--400k

Wii--over 300k

That's about what I think will happen.

Well given that Japan will definitely have a drop next week, i would beg to differ. 3DS will probably get similar numbers as the japanese decline will be offsetted elsewehere. 

More importantly i realized just how big SM3D Land's FW is.. Usually titles releasing close to the holidays have lower FW with bigger legs! Doing 340 k this week gives it a huge chance for 1 million before new year. In comparison SMG2 did 721 k for the first 10 weeks in Japan. So it's not to farfetched to think that 1 million is plausable, and maybe there is a chance for 1.5mil-2 mil LTD? A 3D mario revival perhaps

Was there a big 3DS game that came out this week which boosted the numbers in Japan?

Wait, not only Ice White, also Mario 3D was the main reason for the massive boost.

woah,mario is in town,pretty good for the shooters too which will only get better next week i assume,

wow they never released singstar in japan but you get a microphone and songs to sing,surely not

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

It seems starving a console of any quality games = huge opening for a quality game.

Sony should do this with Vita.

Carl2291 said:
It seems starving a console of any quality games = huge opening for a quality game.

Sony should do this with Vita.

If that tactic made Nintendo struggle financially... that would make Sony go bankrupt

Woow 3DS had a great number for Jp market this week. And... Where is the Doomer?

Wow, I can only imagine what the powers of Mario Kart and Monster Hunter will do to 3DS. I'm hoping for it to surpass the record DS set the holiday of 2005

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

pezus said:
TT Makaveli said:

now that i saw the numbers for 1st week for BF3 & U3 and 2nd week FF Type-O im really excited to see how its gonna be next week...i pray for FF Type-O legs...

WHERE DO YOU GET THESE GIFS?

sry dude i cant tell you that or i will get killed by some japanese school girls...