By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Infinity Ward Recycles Buildings on MW3 Straight From Cod4

Well that seems sensible, lots of warehouses do look the same

Around the Network
maverick40 said:
Ajescent said:
I'm not sure why this is a big deal...

It's not the building that's the problem, it's the theory behind it thats the issue.

It wasn't bad enought that the lazy bastards use the same engine and modes and storyline and maps (rearanged), they actually take a building from a game that is from the start of this gen.

You are aware that this isn't the first time this has ever happened in a game right? I believe they call these things easter eggs.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

What do you guys expect from yearly rehashed releases?

lol this reminds of Transformers series, same thing over and over again yet they kept making more and more money.

It isn't that uncommon, it basically another way of releasing remade maps into a game. Anyone remember the part in Halo Reach in New Alexandria where you are fighting 4 Hunters. That room was a remake of the Halo 3: ODST firefight map Crater.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

Thats not very good really is it.

I knew immediately which building it was. I'm sure most people who played the original game will immediately recognise it too as it plays a massive part in one of the muliplayer arenas.

The fact that the building is probably the most noticable building in CoD4 could be the reason why they put it in, an easter egg of some sort.

It's so insignificant, why should anyone care? They created hundreds of buildings for MW3, but re-using a building from COD4 means they are trying to fuck us over?

People need to get a grip, this Call of Duty hating is getting petty.

Frankly its like many sequels were a mission looks very similar to previous game.

Its just that its COD and its easy to beat up and attack the game as many cannot see why the game is so popular.

The reason I like COD, is the game never slows down (frame rate) and the controls are very nice and fluid. The game is not slow and clunky like many current FPS games.

NobleTeam360 said:
All i smell is a hater and a flame bait here.

All I smell is somebody who likes to rage over xbox live and is easily satified with the same game 4 years in a row

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Lol so they have a couple of buildings that they re-used. It's not that big of a deal.

Me and my friends played Call of Duty 4 and one of the highlights of the game was that building. We were hoping it would be in later Call of Duty games but it never happened. Last year, we started the online petition (www.bringbacktheshack.org) because we were fed up. We actually got 150,000 signatures.

What you see in Modern Warfare 3 is the culmination of our hard work, hopes, and dreams. Thank you, Infinity Ward. The shack is finally back!!