By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears 3 Not nominated for VGA’s Game of The Year

who the hell actually watches this show for the 'awards'? 0_o I just usually watch it and endure that horrendous jibber jabber only because of the premiers ...last year they showed UC3/SKyrim etc so I'm looking forward to it.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
Michael-5 said:

No, it's weird not to see Gears of war 3 in the nominee's because it's GOTY material, and probably the most complete package to all games that came out this year. Best Multiplayer IMHO, and a really good 10 hour long campaign. This game shows huge improvements in the story department over older Gears of War games, and it's a high quality AAA title.

I'm not going to argue that Gears 3 should be on Spike VGA nominee list, they are terrible at making any decisions game related (take 2007 for instance above). However, no Forza or Gears is really weird for a GOTY list.

It's not weird that five games of equal quality have already filled the available spots.

It's weird to see 5 games of equal quality on the list too. Man, gaming is getting good this gen.

TBH I'm just really glad Zelda made the list. Spike has been known to be 360 biased in the past, and I'm glad they are finally recognizing Wii games.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

kowenicki said:
oh and btw...

american TV is not the world.

LIES!!!

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

bouzane said:
Michael-5 said:
bouzane said:

Hostile and defensive are we? Why should Gears 3 be nominated, simply because it is Mictosoft's flagship title? If it's all a matter of opinion then why is it weird to see an opinion that doesn't include Gears 3 in the top 5 games of the year. Again, as somebody who purchased a 360 for the Gears series and who adores the third installment of the series I have to say that it just didn't deserve the nomination and the critics at Spike.com agreed, it's just that simple.

No, it's weird not to see Gears of war 3 in the nominee's because it's GOTY material, and probably the most complete package to all games that came out this year. Best Multiplayer IMHO, and a really good 10 hour long campaign. This game shows huge improvements in the story department over older Gears of War games, and it's a high quality AAA title.

I'm not going to argue that Gears 3 should be on Spike VGA nominee list, they are terrible at making any decisions game related (take 2007 for instance above). However, no Forza or Gears is really weird for a GOTY list.

If Uncharted 3 or Zelda wasn't nominated, we would have the same thread. Maybe not so much Zelda since it's Wii and Spike makes terrible Nintendo nominees (Pokemon isn't a nominee for best DS game, and XenoBlade should be included for best Wii game even if it wasn't localized), but yea.

And yes, hostile and defensive. I don't go around calling Zelda "lesser quality" then Gears of War, or inFamous. Everyone has their own opinions, pushing your opinions as facts is just silly.

Again, it's just a matter of opinion and Gears 3 didn't quite make the cut and I can understand how that makes sense. I can also understand where you are coming from except for the level of quality presented by Gears 3 laughably poor story. Sorry but if Gears 3 was a movie the critics would line-up around the block to shit on its "story". Also, if you are insinuating that I push my opinions as fact then you are an idiot as I make it painfully clear that my opinions are just that (it's like you have to hold other people's hands so they don't misinterpret your statements because reading comprehension is at an all time low), if not then disregard this statement.

Well your wrong. Before you stated that Gears was of lower quality then the other nominee's, and that's just not true, and now your commenting on Gears of War 3's story being laughable. I liked it, for a shooter, it's pretty damn good. Compare Gears 3's story to Modern Warfare, Halo, or Killzone. It's the best story we have seen in a pure shooter in a long while (Uncharted is a hybrid, and I wouldn't even classify Batman or Portal as shooters). That doesn't seem like you are expressing your opinion, it seems more like you are making a statement, biased ones.

Also what's with the insults? Insults are a sign of poor vocabulary, don't stoop down.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Yeah because its a brutal game. I don't get how anyone likes Gears of War at all.

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
bouzane said:
Michael-5 said:
bouzane said:

Hostile and defensive are we? Why should Gears 3 be nominated, simply because it is Mictosoft's flagship title? If it's all a matter of opinion then why is it weird to see an opinion that doesn't include Gears 3 in the top 5 games of the year. Again, as somebody who purchased a 360 for the Gears series and who adores the third installment of the series I have to say that it just didn't deserve the nomination and the critics at Spike.com agreed, it's just that simple.

If Uncharted 3 or Zelda wasn't nominated, we would have the same thread. Maybe not so much Zelda since it's Wii and Spike makes terrible Nintendo nominees (Pokemon isn't a nominee for best DS game, and XenoBlade should be included for best Wii game even if it wasn't localized), but yea.

And yes, hostile and defensive. I don't go around calling Zelda "lesser quality" then Gears of War, or inFamous. Everyone has their own opinions, pushing your opinions as facts is just silly.

Again, it's just a matter of opinion and Gears 3 didn't quite make the cut and I can understand how that makes sense. I can also understand where you are coming from except for the level of quality presented by Gears 3 laughably poor story. Sorry but if Gears 3 was a movie the critics would line-up around the block to shit on its "story". Also, if you are insinuating that I push my opinions as fact then you are an idiot as I make it painfully clear that my opinions are just that (it's like you have to hold other people's hands so they don't misinterpret your statements because reading comprehension is at an all time low), if not then disregard this statement.

Well your wrong. Before you stated that Gears was of lower quality then the other nominee's, and that's just not true, and now your commenting on Gears of War 3's story being laughable. I liked it, for a shooter, it's pretty damn good. Compare Gears 3's story to Modern Warfare, Halo, or Killzone. It's the best story we have seen in a pure shooter in a long while (Uncharted is a hybrid, and I wouldn't even classify Batman or Portal as shooters). That doesn't seem like you are expressing your opinion, it seems more like you are making a statement, biased ones.

Also what's with the insults? Insults are a sign of poor vocabulary, don't stoop down.

Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but having a good story relative to other story in the genre doesn't mean it's story is praiseworthy.

Jay520 said:
Michael-5 said:

Well your wrong. Before you stated that Gears was of lower quality then the other nominee's, and that's just not true, and now your commenting on Gears of War 3's story being laughable. I liked it, for a shooter, it's pretty damn good. Compare Gears 3's story to Modern Warfare, Halo, or Killzone. It's the best story we have seen in a pure shooter in a long while (Uncharted is a hybrid, and I wouldn't even classify Batman or Portal as shooters).

Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but having a good story relative to other story in the genre doesn't mean it's story is praiseworthy.

That is true, but even for a shooter it's still good. Not fantastic like Uncharted, but better then most games this year, even outside it's genre. I mean Zelda is the same plot regurgitated, Batamn is no different from the comics, movies and shows of the last 40 years, and although Portal is hilarious, I wouldn't say it's story heavy.

Are you going to argue that Gears of war 3's plot was poorer then the other nominee's thus it shouldn't be a nominee?

Michael-5 said:
bouzane said:
Michael-5 said:
bouzane said:

Gears 3 wasn't nominated simply because there were 5 other fantastic games released this year. ONLY MY OPINION. Sorry but I just don't see how the story in Gears 3 can be seen in a positive light, it's by far the weakest element in the game. ONLY MY OPINION. Just because other games within the genre have dreck for stories does not mean that Gears 3's story should be given leniency. ONLY MY OPINION. Biased? Do you even know what biased means?

PS. Well  you're wrong. 

you're = you are

Michael-5 said:
Jay520 said:
Michael-5 said:

Well your wrong. Before you stated that Gears was of lower quality then the other nominee's, and that's just not true, and now your commenting on Gears of War 3's story being laughable. I liked it, for a shooter, it's pretty damn good. Compare Gears 3's story to Modern Warfare, Halo, or Killzone. It's the best story we have seen in a pure shooter in a long while (Uncharted is a hybrid, and I wouldn't even classify Batman or Portal as shooters).

That is true, but even for a shooter it's still good. Not fantastic like Uncharted, but better then most games this year, even outside it's genre. I mean Zelda is the same plot regurgitated, Batamn is no different from the comics, movies and shows of the last 40 years, and although Portal is hilarious, I wouldn't say it's story heavy.

Are you going to argue that Gears of war 3's plot was poorer then the other nominee's thus it shouldn't be a nominee?

Nope, I actually liked Gears more than a few of the nominees regardless of it's story. It's gameplay pushed it's overall quality above that of the nominess for me. Hell, I even thought it had a pretty good story. I was just acknowledging, in my opinion, at least, a flaw in your thought process earlier.

Also I'd say Batman's & Zelda's story are really good, but I'm not really interested in debating that.

bouzane said:
Michael-5 said:

Gears 3 wasn't nominated simply because there were 5 other fantastic games released this year. ONLY MY OPINION. Sorry but I just don't see how the story in Gears 3 can be seen in a positive light, it's by far the weakest element in the game. ONLY MY OPINION. Just because other games within the genre have dreck for stories does not mean that Gears 3's story should be given leniency. ONLY MY OPINION. Biased? Do you even know what biased means?

PS. Well  you're wrong. 

you're = you are

Yea normally I'm good with your and you're's. Got sloppy.

Anyway I completly disagree, except for Uncharted 3 I felt Gears of War 3 had the best story (outside of RPG's) this year. I thought it was a strong suit for the game.