By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears 3 Not nominated for VGA’s Game of The Year

I can see why it's not on there TBH. It's a great game but there are a lot of games that have come out this year that are better. And one or two that will most likely be better that haven't come out yet.

Around the Network

Well this is better then 2007 where Super Mario Galaxy wasn't a nominee. Spike is trying to be less biased this year, but still. No Gears or Forza, doesn't make sense.

Forza 4 is my GOTY.

P.S. Pokemon isn't even a nominee for best handheld game :-O! neither is Zelda: OoT

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

I would've nominated Mass Effect 3 and Bioshock Infinite.

Michael-5 said:

Well this is better then 2007 where Super Mario Galaxy wasn't a nominee. Spike is trying to be less biased this year, but still. No Gears or Forza, doesn't make sense.

Forza 4 is my GOTY.

P.S. Pokemon isn't even a nominee for best handheld game :-O! neither is Zelda: OoT

GOW3 was a great but it's just that their have been some games that have been better. Batman:Arkham City,Portal 2,Skyrim,Zelda and Uncharted 3 are simply better games. 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

GEARS already has enough trophy heads on its shelf. its time for the other games to get some Helghan trophy heads. wait i did get that right didn't i? naw maybe it's Mario heads! he's a bad guy right?

wait i know why it didn't get nominated! it didn't come out for the Wii. but even with 90m owners the game still would have sold 2 copies.

Around the Network

i think skyrim maybe win! :)

Clearly Spike TV has taken Cliffy B's assertion to heart and they feel it would be an insult to Gears 3 to nominate it for a mere GOTY award.

GOTY is beneath Gears 3.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

kivi95 said:
Michael-5 said:

Forza 4 is my GOTY.

GOW3 was a great but it's just that their have been some games that have been better. Batman:Arkham City,Portal 2,Skyrim,Zelda and Uncharted 3 are simply better games. 

Lol, really, you going to say X 9.5/10 game is better then x 9.5/10 game? Gears and Forza are quality titles, same level of quality as Uncharted, Batman, Portal, Skyrim, and Zelda. Heck, the metascore for Gears and Forza is only .1 below Uncharted 3, and .2 below Zelda.

Don't bring in that BS.

It's all a matter of personal opinion, and it's just odd not to see Gears of War 3, MS's flagship 2011 title, as a nominee.

Still better then 2007 where Super Mario Galaxy was excluded, and SMG won GOTY on almost every other website that year.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

markimsoad said:
i think skyrim maybe win! :)

Probably. It's got the most content compared to nearly any RPG I have ever played. Everyone I know who has this has been glued to their TV for durations of 12 hours or more at a time. It's really addictive.

Batman and Portal 2 also have a shot since they improve the addictive gameplay of before and seriously expand the game.

However I don't think UC3 or Zelda have a shot. Zelda hasn't changed that much since Ocarina of Time, and although I haven't played UC3, it doesn't look too different from UC2 to me. It's actually shorter too.

kowenicki said:
ils411 said:
Zlejedi said:
Lostplanet22 said:
maverick40 said:
d21lewis said:
This hurts me. I don't think Gears is the best game of the year (Batman is better) but it's one of the best. Who were the nominees?

Batman: Arkham city, skyrim, zelda: skward sword, portal 2 and uncharted 3. 

Two of the games have not been released yet......odd.

Well atleast the critics have played it already just can't post their reviews yet (not sure about Zelda).

And don't really see an reason why Gears of war 3 should deserve to be in the top 5...  

Hint: How many other big exclusives were release for X360 this year? ;)

And? Just because its THE X360 EXCLUSIVE this year it automatically deserves to be nominated?

I'd put Forza 4 in there ahead of Gears 3 tbh, but I still thing Gears perhaps deserves a spot.

I dont think Portal 2, Skyrim or Zelda should be on the list.

Portal 2 not only deserves a nomination, it deserves to win because it's pure gold. I may absolutely love Gears 3 (playing through insane now) but there is no way it tops any of the games that they nominated. For once, I have to 100% agree with Spike.com. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to wash as I feel dirty after making such a statement.