By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears 3 Not nominated for VGA’s Game of The Year

Khuutra said:
osamanobama said:

again ignoring your ramblings.

i will only repond to the bolded.

i never said Uncharted 2 was perfect (though in my opinion it is darn near close). i said it was glitch free. which it was. if you couldnt jump or climb somewhere, its because you werent supposed, so you couldnt.

edit: and no, you were called out about the whole Killzone thing, because you did lie about it. i and other users proved it.  and again here you are again, playing the victum. Again people dont give a shit about you not liking ps3 games, its when you make things up. i dont see how you dont understand these things. people already know when it comes to ps3 game you dont like it, thats a given. so people will ignore you, dismiss it most times, but then when you make things up, people call you out. and then you post super long annoying responses, and people get fed up with you, and they give up. which i will be doing the same. i will not respond to anything further. or at least i hope not, because i know your response to this will be so painful, that it will be hard not to.

Would both of you cut out this thing you're doing here.

osamanobama:

There's a whole community dedicated to finding Uncharted 2 glitches. The first video result:

The game does not approach being glitch free. You wound your point by using hyperbole.

thats multiplayer, i was talking single player. specifically if you told the game to jump, your character would jump. it would never not obey a button command.

and like i said analysis and reviewers like Digital foundry showed it to be one of the, if not the most bug free, polished game out there. 

i dont think you could find a more polished game than Uncharted.

and thats not to say, that people cant like the game, which i made clear.

Around the Network
osamanobama said:
Michael-5 said:

Hey I was being respectful, and recognized your opinion as your own. Don't be a jerk in return and start making fun of me and telling me my experiences with the game didn't happen. Why would I lie about my experience with a game I love? A game which made my top 50 in that discussion thread, and well my favorite PS3 exclusive?

Uncharted 2 is far from glitch free, don't push your opinion as fact, it's a great game, but far from perfect. You must have run into glitches, here I'll even mention a common one. On the train level, when you hit the signs on the roof, you character dies right? Why do you always go through the signs and fall as if your not on a moving platform or have been hit by the sign? Not necessarily a glitch, but not exactly well built in death sequence.

For glitches though, are you honestly telling me that you never had a jump not register, or your character let go of a ledge for no reason, or just not grab on to one, or look at a ledge you aimed for? I find that hard to beleive.

UC2 wasn't that glitchy for me, but neither was skyrim, and I only brought up the game because to me Mass Effect 2 is like Uncharted 2 in terms of shooter mechanics and gameplay, just much better as a game because it offers much much more. The glitches in Uncharted 2 are definatly livable, and honestly, you ripping on me for this is just an example of how if I say even the slightest critisism about a PS3 game, PS3 fans will blow it out of proportion.

What I said about Killzone is 100% true, don't try to paint me out to be a liar.

I'm not a liar, but you are a jerk. Anytime I say anything bad about a PS3 game, even something non factual, people attack me on it. If I rip on GT5 for not having damage unlocked in the main game, people will hate, but if I mock Forza 4 for having shit AI, or Mario Kart Wii for a lack of 2 player GP mode, people won't give it a second look. This website is extremly heavy with PS3 fanboys, don't act like it isn't. You attacking me on a small comment is an example of this.

Stop with the hate man, just stop.

i never said Uncharted 2 was perfect (though in my opinion it is darn near close). i said it was glitch free. which it was. if you couldnt jump or climb somewhere, its because you werent supposed, so you couldnt.

edit: and no, you were called out about the whole Killzone thing, because you did lie about it. i and other users proved it.  and again here you are again, playing the victum. Again people dont give a shit about you not liking ps3 games, its when you make things up. i dont see how you dont understand these things. people already know when it comes to ps3 game you dont like it, thats a given. so people will ignore you, dismiss it most times, but then when you make things up, people call you out. and then you post super long annoying responses, and people get fed up with you, and they give up. which i will be doing the same. i will not respond to anything further. or at least i hope not, because i know your response to this will be so painful, that it will be hard not to.

No man, this one pole in the level in Bagdad (I guess? Dunno where the locations are) before you have to climb that tower and power the elevator, I was suppose to jump off a pole and onto a ledge. The game just wouldn't let me. I got off the pole, back on it again, tried to rotate my analog stick in every direction, I even looked up a video walkthrough to see if I was going to right way. I was, It just would not let me make the jump. 10-15 minutes later of repeatedly trying to look there, it let me jump. Game was annoying enough to even have Nate look that way for a brief second multiple times and then look away.

This wasn't frequent, but it happened, and I found Uncharted 2 more glitchy then most games I play.

Now don't try to force your opinion, Uncharted 2 is far from perfect, and having some glitches is not a big deal. Why does every PS3 game have to have a perfect reputation? PS3 exclusives are no better then 360 or Wii ones, why do you only adress me when I comment on PS3 issues, small ones, which are just stupid to argue about? The game has, some flaws, to me it was a near perfect single player experience with only some glitches, and an ending I wasn't too in favor of, to prevent it from being perfect. As a single player game, Uncharted 2 is the best when it comes to games outside of RPG.....do I need to say all that good stuff to be allowed to say anything negative by you?

Geez man.....

For Killzone 3, nothing I said was false, I even posted a game with 25 kills, 5 deaths, and that was my first game in 3 months. I even challenged MUGEN to a match, but he backed out. Why? Busy probably, but you know I'm right. Several of the maps in Killzone 3 are poorly designed and have tons of camping locations. Some are great, some are terrible, and telling me I'm wrong is you forcing your opinion as fact.

I like PS3, I'm just not blind to imperfections of the game. When I made a comment that GT5's car roster was crap compared to Forza 4's, the thread got locked because I literally had 2 pages of people telling me off. When there are only 3 Mustangs, and 75 Skyines, I'm sorry that's a shitty roster.

People attack me ONLY on PS3 because people are insecure. If I say Mario Kart Wii is crap compared to older ones, no Nintendo fan will care. Nintendo fans are so care free. If I say Forza 4 AI is bad (which is it, but no worse then Forza 3 like GT fanboys try to push), 360 fans don't care. 360 games get a lot of hate, especially Halo, and there are so few 360 fans, most learn to ignore comments against their games. PS3 fans on the other hand have a need to prove to me that my opinion is incorrect, about anything.

Geez man, enough with the hate, you managed to turn this thread about Gears 3 into some bullshit about Uncharted, and this is what's ruining threads all over VGC. JUST STOP WITH THE HATE.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

osamanobama said:

thats multiplayer, i was talking single player. specifically if you told the game to jump, your character would jump. it would never not obey a button command.

and like i said analysis and reviewers like Digital foundry showed it to be one of the, if not the most bug free, polished game out there. 

Single-player. I think I'm illustrating the point well enough here.

I got caught in the environment twice in my one run-through of Uncharted 2, and it took me about two minutes to extricate myself each time. Don't know why, but it did happen.

It's a very polished game, but claiming that reviews and whatnot confirm it to be glitch-free is not only disengenuous, it's a falsehood. You're making a good point, but you can't weaken it by claiming things like this. It undermines your whole argument.

osamanobama said:
Khuutra said:

Would both of you cut out this thing you're doing here.

osamanobama:

There's a whole community dedicated to finding Uncharted 2 glitches. The first video result:

The game does not approach being glitch free. You wound your point by using hyperbole.

You keep saying that Digital Foundry found it to be one of the most bug free. Can you site that? Being polished is different from bug free, and I think your mis reading their comment. I agree Uncharted 2 is one of the most polished games out there, that's why it's so well rated, but not bug-less. Assassin's Creed has much better climbing elements, but the game is nowehre nearly as polished as Uncharted 2 is.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Khuutra said:
osamanobama said:

I got caught in the environment twice in my one run-through of Uncharted 2, and it took me about two minutes to extricate myself each time. Don't know why, but it did happen.

It's a very polished game, but claiming that reviews and whatnot confirm it to be glitch-free is not only disengenuous, it's a falsehood. You're making a good point, but you can't weaken it by claiming things like this. It undermines your whole argument.

wow... you got me.

i now should say its 99.9% glitch free. but i still stand by the fact, that if you press a button, it will always respond

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
osamanobama said:
Michael-5 said:

Hey I was being respectful, and recognized your opinion as your own. Don't be a jerk in return and start making fun of me and telling me my experiences with the game didn't happen. Why would I lie about my experience with a game I love? A game which made my top 50 in that discussion thread, and well my favorite PS3 exclusive?

Uncharted 2 is far from glitch free, don't push your opinion as fact, it's a great game, but far from perfect. You must have run into glitches, here I'll even mention a common one. On the train level, when you hit the signs on the roof, you character dies right? Why do you always go through the signs and fall as if your not on a moving platform or have been hit by the sign? Not necessarily a glitch, but not exactly well built in death sequence.

For glitches though, are you honestly telling me that you never had a jump not register, or your character let go of a ledge for no reason, or just not grab on to one, or look at a ledge you aimed for? I find that hard to beleive.

UC2 wasn't that glitchy for me, but neither was skyrim, and I only brought up the game because to me Mass Effect 2 is like Uncharted 2 in terms of shooter mechanics and gameplay, just much better as a game because it offers much much more. The glitches in Uncharted 2 are definatly livable, and honestly, you ripping on me for this is just an example of how if I say even the slightest critisism about a PS3 game, PS3 fans will blow it out of proportion.

What I said about Killzone is 100% true, don't try to paint me out to be a liar.

I'm not a liar, but you are a jerk. Anytime I say anything bad about a PS3 game, even something non factual, people attack me on it. If I rip on GT5 for not having damage unlocked in the main game, people will hate, but if I mock Forza 4 for having shit AI, or Mario Kart Wii for a lack of 2 player GP mode, people won't give it a second look. This website is extremly heavy with PS3 fanboys, don't act like it isn't. You attacking me on a small comment is an example of this.

Stop with the hate man, just stop.

No man, this one pole in the level in Bagdad (I guess? Dunno where the locations are) before you have to climb that tower and power the elevator, I was suppose to jump off a pole and onto a ledge. The game just wouldn't let me. I got off the pole, back on it again, tried to rotate my analog stick in every direction, I even looked up a video walkthrough to see if I was going to right way. I was, It just would not let me make the jump. 10-15 minutes later of repeatedly trying to look there, it let me jump. Game was annoying enough to even have Nate look that way for a brief second multiple times and then look away.

This wasn't frequent, but it happened, and I found Uncharted 2 more glitchy then most games I play.

Now don't try to force your opinion, Uncharted 2 is far from perfect, and having some glitches is not a big deal. Why does every PS3 game have to have a perfect reputation? PS3 exclusives are no better then 360 or Wii ones, why do you only adress me when I comment on PS3 issues, small ones, which are just stupid to argue about? The game has, some flaws, to me it was a near perfect single player experience with only some glitches, and an ending I wasn't too in favor of, to prevent it from being perfect. As a single player game, Uncharted 2 is the best when it comes to games outside of RPG.....do I need to say all that good stuff to be allowed to say anything negative by you?

Geez man.....

For Killzone 3, nothing I said was false, I even posted a game with 25 kills, 5 deaths, and that was my first game in 3 months. I even challenged MUGEN to a match, but he backed out. Why? Busy probably, but you know I'm right. Several of the maps in Killzone 3 are poorly designed and have tons of camping locations. Some are great, some are terrible, and telling me I'm wrong is you forcing your opinion as fact.

I like PS3, I'm just not blind to imperfections of the game. When I made a comment that GT5's car roster was crap compared to Forza 4's, the thread got locked because I literally had 2 pages of people telling me off. When there are only 3 Mustangs, and 75 Skyines, I'm sorry that's a shitty roster.

People attack me ONLY on PS3 because people are insecure. If I say Mario Kart Wii is crap compared to older ones, no Nintendo fan will care. Nintendo fans are so care free. If I say Forza 4 AI is bad (which is it, but no worse then Forza 3 like GT fanboys try to push), 360 fans don't care. 360 games get a lot of hate, especially Halo, and there are so few 360 fans, most learn to ignore comments against their games. PS3 fans on the other hand have a need to prove to me that my opinion is incorrect, about anything.

Geez man, enough with the hate, you managed to turn this thread about Gears 3 into some bullshit about Uncharted, and this is what's ruining threads all over VGC. JUST STOP WITH THE HATE.

A lot of generalization in this post

osamanobama said:
Khuutra said:
osamanobama said:

wow... you got me.

i now should say its 99.9% glitch free. but i still stand by the fact, that if you press a button, it will always respond

Do you literally need people to video tape their glitches and post them for you to acknowledge the game has glitches? Even then, if I now said I found the game particularly glitchy, will you still chew me out?

and yet I'm the liar with all the facts messed up, and I force my opinion onto others.

Still waiting for that link from Digital Foundry, I don't think said ever said the game was bug free, or particularly less glitchy then other games, and I think your claim of 99.9% glitch free is completly false (a lie) and an interpretation off your own unique experience with the game.