By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears 3 Not nominated for VGA’s Game of The Year

Michael-5 said:
osamanobama said:
Michael-5 said:
Darth Tigris said:
GOTY awards are demeaning. There are too many great games that are released every year to prop one up above all of the others. Not to mention they are COMPLETELY subjective most of the time.

Last year me and my friends argued so much over if Mass Effect 2 or Red Dead Redemption was GOTY that it felt ridiculous. The only way it'll work is if GotY stands for GameS of the Year.

/end mini-rant

Mass Effect 2, duh!

Spike doesn't know what they are doing, in 2007 Super Mario Galaxy wasn't even a nominee despite being GOTY on most websites and getting the highest Metacritic of the year.

i disliked Mass effect 2 intensely. i thought RDR was wayyy beter.

Mass effect seemed to try to hard to be a shooter, but had terrible shooting and cover mechanics, the animations and action wer extremely stiff looking, and really took me out of the experience.

Did you like Mass Effect 1?

Mass Effect 2 is is one of my favorite games, I thought the gameplay was pretty damn good. An RPG which played like a TPS, and with damn good pacing. It's one of my top 5 video games ever, and I feel the exact opposite about the game from you.

As for Red Dead, I'm not a fan of westerns. Played the game for a bit and felt the controls were a downgrade from Grand Theft Auto 4. Didn't care much for the story or atmosphere.

no not really, but more than 2.

in fact i cant really see how people consider it a good game, let alone a great game. it just seems pretty shitty to me.

i mean, i can at least see how Skyrim can be considered a good (great) game. it has good and fun core mechanics, packed to the brim with content. but it is still weighed down by its bugginess, and glitchyness, which can not be ignored, and should not have been ignored by the reviewers. and like i said, it was rather convienently overlooked by reviewers until a few days after release.

but it still look s like an indredibly fun game, and great game. i would say worthy of a high 80's score, like 87%. but a game that buggy should never get the mid to high 90's it got. unfortunately i can not say the same thing about Mass effect, which seems like at best an 80 to me.

Around the Network
osamanobama said:
Michael-5 said:
osamanobama said:

Mass effect seemed to try to hard to be a shooter, but had terrible shooting and cover mechanics, the animations and action wer extremely stiff looking, and really took me out of the experience.

Mass Effect 2 is is one of my favorite games, I thought the gameplay was pretty damn good. An RPG which played like a TPS, and with damn good pacing. It's one of my top 5 video games ever, and I feel the exact opposite about the game from you.

As for Red Dead, I'm not a fan of westerns. Played the game for a bit and felt the controls were a downgrade from Grand Theft Auto 4. Didn't care much for the story or atmosphere.

in fact i cant really see how people consider it a good game, let alone a great game. it just seems pretty shitty to me.

i mean, i can at least see how Skyrim can be considered a good (great) game. it has good and fun core mechanics, packed to the brim with content. but it is still weighed down by its bugginess, and glitchyness, which can not be ignored, and should not have been ignored by the reviewers. and like i said, it was rather convienently overlooked by reviewers until a few days after release.

but it still look s like an indredibly fun game, and great game. i would say worthy of a high 80's score, like 87%. but a game that buggy should never get the mid to high 90's it got. unfortunately i can not say the same thing about Mass effect, which seems like at best an 80 to me.

See the thing is, you don't like the franchise, so how could you see why people like the game? I don't like Red Dead, so I know I can't see the qualities that people like about it.

I love Mass Effect 2. No other game tackles Space Sci Fi so well. The atmosphere and environment are very believeable. The narrative, plot, and pacing are done so well, I can't think of a single game which tells a story better. In my opinion the cut scenes feel more like and interactive movie then Heavy Rain and Uncharted 1 & 2. The gameplay is fun, not as polished as Gears of War 2 or 3, but this is the only squad based game which I like and use squad commands (which I think are implemented exceptionally well). The missions are all interesting as well, and honestly, just exploring, and reading about different planets and colonization attemps is facinating. To me, when playing this game, it feels funner and better then Uncharted 2 (which I relate this game to in terms of feel very much), but it's 4 times longer, less buggy, more responsive gameplay (never are controller inputs ignored like in UC2), and a much better story, but story telling is about the same.

About Skyrim, I played it yesterday on PS3, and honestly I did not find it that buggy at all. I did encounter some weird design flaws (I can attack and kill a guard in plain sight of other guards and no one will pay attention, but if I kill a random chicken, then 5 guards come attacking me). Played it for an hour, and I can see why people get addicted to it.

I just don't think you like Western RPG's. If not, I wouldn't take critisizms of games from this genre seriously from you. Fan of Fallout or Fable?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Gears 3 Deserves to be nominated, it is a great game best in the series.

Michael-5 said:
osamanobama said:
Michael-5 said:
osamanobama said:

See the thing is, you don't like the franchise, so how could you see why people like the game? I don't like Red Dead, so I know I can't see the qualities that people like about it.

I love Mass Effect 2. No other game tackles Space Sci Fi so well. The atmosphere and environment are very believeable. The narrative, plot, and pacing are done so well, I can't think of a single game which tells a story better. In my opinion the cut scenes feel more like and interactive movie then Heavy Rain and Uncharted 1 & 2. The gameplay is fun, not as polished as Gears of War 2 or 3, but this is the only squad based game which I like and use squad commands (which I think are implemented exceptionally well). The missions are all interesting as well, and honestly, just exploring, and reading about different planets and colonization attemps is facinating. To me, when playing this game, it feels funner and better then Uncharted 2 (which I relate this game to in terms of feel very much), but it's 4 times longer, less buggy, more responsive gameplay (never are controller inputs ignored like in UC2), and a much better story, but story telling is about the same.

About Skyrim, I played it yesterday on PS3, and honestly I did not find it that buggy at all. I did encounter some weird design flaws (I can attack and kill a guard in plain sight of other guards and no one will pay attention, but if I kill a random chicken, then 5 guards come attacking me). Played it for an hour, and I can see why people get addicted to it.

I just don't think you like Western RPG's. If not, I wouldn't take critisizms of games from this genre seriously from you. Fan of Fallout or Fable?

i dont know what Uncharted had anything to do with this, but the thing i bolded is laughable. Uncharted 2 literarly had no bugs, it ran flawless, just read the DF review of it, and i would really like to know what "controller inputs were ignored". that never happens, you press  a button, it does the action.

note: im not complaigning that you dont like Uncharted, i already know you dont like the game, . thats why you brought it up, but saying things like that is just silly. but i respect you opinion of liking games over other games.

and Yes i very much enjoyed Fallout 3. i havent played New Vegas, but it seems more of the same, so it looks fun as well. and no i dont like fable, it seems really stupid to me. i dont know how you could come o the conclusion that i dont like western RPG just because i dont like you favorite game. please just leave me to my opinion, people dont have to think the same as you, and thats alright.

and dont worry i dont take the critisizms of ps3 exclusive games seriously from you either.

osamanobama said:
Michael-5 said:

i dont know what Uncharted had anything to do with this, but the thing i bolded is laughable. Uncharted 2 literarly had no bugs, it ran flawless, just read the DF review of it, and i would really like to know what "controller inputs were ignored". that never happens, you press  a button, it does the action.

note: im not complaigning that you dont like Uncharted, i already know you dont like the game, . thats why you brought it up, but saying things like that is just silly. but i respect you opinion of liking games over other games.

and Yes i very much enjoyed Fallout 3. i havent played New Vegas, but it seems more of the same, so it looks fun as well. and no i dont like fable, it seems really stupid to me. i dont know how you could come o the conclusion that i dont like western RPG just because i dont like you favorite game. please just leave me to my opinion, people dont have to think the same as you, and thats alright.

and dont worry i dont take the critisizms of ps3 exclusive games seriously from you either.

How did you find it funny? Uncharted 2 was so buggy for me. There were multiple points in the climbing section of the game, where the game just would not let Nate jump to another target. I don't mean he will miss and fall, I mean the game would not let me look in the direction I need to go and I would spend 10 minutes or so just going to the exact same spot doing the exact same thing and eveentually it let me go. Uncharted 2 was just as buggy as Skyrim for the time I played Skyrim (beat UC2).

Actually I like Uncharted, Uncharted 2 is my number 47/50 in my top 50 games. I would have been higher if it was less buggy :P. I'm really looking forward to playing Uncharted 3 when I get the chance.

I said "I think" not "I know" you don't like Westerns, it's not a conclusion, it's an assumption. I came to this logically, You don't like Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect, or Fable. Except for Fallout, you don't seem to like any Western RPG.

Anyway it's just really odd to hear someone say Mass Effect 2 was only a good game, but yet they "intensly disliked it" and that the shooting mechanics were terrible. I brought UC2 inhere because I thought the gameplay of Mass Effect plays a lot like Uncharted 2. Doesn't feel like a full out shooter, but the shooting mechanics are still great. If I said that about any PS3 game 8 people would come and kill me, but for a MP or 360 exclusive (used to be), no one chews you out. Don't you see the scrutiny in this?

LOL about leaving to you about your opinion, when you critisize me for thinking Uncharted 2 was buggy. On my playthrough, it was.

No one takes PS3 game crtisism games seriously from me here. They are perfect and flawless.

Anyway, I guess that's the best we can debate before we get pissed at each other. I see our different tastes and say good day sir.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Around the Network

While Gears of War was a big deal back in 2006, the series seems to have been majorly overshadowed by Halo, Call of Duty, and Battlefield. It's a shame really, since I absolutely love the series.

Michael-5 said:
osamanobama said:
Michael-5 said:

How did you find it funny? Uncharted 2 was so buggy for me. There were multiple points in the climbing section of the game, where the game just would not let Nate jump to another target. I don't mean he will miss and fall, I mean the game would not let me look in the direction I need to go and I would spend 10 minutes or so just going to the exact same spot doing the exact same thing and eveentually it let me go. Uncharted 2 was just as buggy as Skyrim for the time I played Skyrim (beat UC2).

Actually I like Uncharted, Uncharted 2 is my number 47/50 in my top 50 games. I would have been higher if it was less buggy :P. I'm really looking forward to playing Uncharted 3 when I get the chance.

I said "I think" not "I know" you don't like Westerns, it's not a conclusion, it's an assumption. I came to this logically, You don't like Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect, or Fable. Except for Fallout, you don't seem to like any Western RPG.

Anyway it's just really odd to hear someone say Mass Effect 2 was only a good game, but yet they "intensly disliked it" and that the shooting mechanics were terrible. I brought UC2 inhere because I thought the gameplay of Mass Effect plays a lot like Uncharted 2. Doesn't feel like a full out shooter, but the shooting mechanics are still great. If I said that about any PS3 game 8 people would come and kill me, but for a MP or 360 exclusive (used to be), no one chews you out. Don't you see the scrutiny in this?

LOL about leaving to you about your opinion, when you critisize me for thinking Uncharted 2 was buggy. On my playthrough, it was.

No one takes PS3 game crtisism games seriously from me here. They are perfect and flawless.

Anyway, I guess that's the best we can debate before we get pissed at each other. I see our different tastes and say good day sir.

when did i say i didnt like elder scrolls, i said it looked like a very good, albeit very glitchy game.

anyway i will ignore the rest of your ramblings, and leave you with this...

Uncharted 2 was 100% glitchless and bug free. every review and tech analyisis reflected this. and people dont mind when you have different opinion than them, its when you lie about things, that they have problems. just look at what you said about killzone.

like i said i could not care less that you dont like Uncharted, what i do care about is what is or isnt factually correct.

if i made up things about Mass Effect, saying things like the dialog would never play, my character would fall through the map, etc, then yes, you have the right to call me out. but when i say i dont like mass effect at all, because it tries to hard to be a shooter, yet the shooting mechanics are pretty bad. then leave me to my opinion.

and mass effect was never an xbox exclusive, and people dont attack you for not liking ps3 games, they call you out for lying about them. which is an all to common accurance with you about ps3 games

osamanobama said:
Michael-5 said:

when did i say i didnt like elder scrolls, i said it looked like a very good, albeit very glitchy game.

Uncharted 2 was 100% glitchless and bug free. every review and tech analyisis reflected this. and people dont mind when you have different opinion than them, its when you lie about things, that they have problems. just look at what you said about killzone.

like i said i could not care less that you dont like Uncharted, what i do care about is what is or isnt factually correct.

if i made up things about Mass Effect, saying things like the dialog would never play, my character would fall through the map, etc, then yes, you have the right to call me out. but when i say i dont like mass effect at all, because it tries to hard to be a shooter, yet the shooting mechanics are pretty bad. then leave me to my opinion.

and mass effect was never an xbox exclusive, and people dont attack you for not liking ps3 games, they call you out for lying about them. which is an all to common accurance with you about ps3 games

Hey I was being respectful, and recognized your opinion as your own. Don't be a jerk in return and start making fun of me and telling me my experiences with the game didn't happen. Why would I lie about my experience with a game I love? A game which made my top 50 in that discussion thread, and well my favorite PS3 exclusive?

Uncharted 2 is far from glitch free, don't push your opinion as fact, it's a great game, but far from perfect. You must have run into glitches, here I'll even mention a common one. On the train level, when you hit the signs on the roof, you character dies right? Why do you always go through the signs and fall as if your not on a moving platform or have been hit by the sign? Not necessarily a glitch, but not exactly well built in death sequence.

For glitches though, are you honestly telling me that you never had a jump not register, or your character let go of a ledge for no reason, or just not grab on to one, or look at a ledge you aimed for? I find that hard to beleive.

UC2 wasn't that glitchy for me, but neither was skyrim, and I only brought up the game because to me Mass Effect 2 is like Uncharted 2 in terms of shooter mechanics and gameplay, just much better as a game because it offers much much more. The glitches in Uncharted 2 are definatly livable, and honestly, you ripping on me for this is just an example of how if I say even the slightest critisism about a PS3 game, PS3 fans will blow it out of proportion.

What I said about Killzone is 100% true, don't try to paint me out to be a liar.

I'm not a liar, but you are a jerk. Anytime I say anything bad about a PS3 game, even something non factual, people attack me on it. If I rip on GT5 for not having damage unlocked in the main game, people will hate, but if I mock Forza 4 for having shit AI, or Mario Kart Wii for a lack of 2 player GP mode, people won't give it a second look. This website is extremly heavy with PS3 fanboys, don't act like it isn't. You attacking me on a small comment is an example of this.

Stop with the hate man, just stop.

Michael-5 said:
osamanobama said:
Michael-5 said:

Hey I was being respectful, and recognized your opinion as your own. Don't be a jerk in return and start making fun of me and telling me my experiences with the game didn't happen. Why would I lie about my experience with a game I love? A game which made my top 50 in that discussion thread, and well my favorite PS3 exclusive?

Uncharted 2 is far from glitch free, don't push your opinion as fact, it's a great game, but far from perfect. You must have run into glitches, here I'll even mention a common one. On the train level, when you hit the signs on the roof, you character dies right? Why do you always go through the signs and fall as if your not on a moving platform or have been hit by the sign? Not necessarily a glitch, but not exactly well built in death sequence.

For glitches though, are you honestly telling me that you never had a jump not register, or your character let go of a ledge for no reason, or just not grab on to one, or look at a ledge you aimed for? I find that hard to beleive.

UC2 wasn't that glitchy for me, but neither was skyrim, and I only brought up the game because to me Mass Effect 2 is like Uncharted 2 in terms of shooter mechanics and gameplay, just much better as a game because it offers much much more. The glitches in Uncharted 2 are definatly livable, and honestly, you ripping on me for this is just an example of how if I say even the slightest critisism about a PS3 game, PS3 fans will blow it out of proportion.

What I said about Killzone is 100% true, don't try to paint me out to be a liar.

I'm not a liar, but you are a jerk. Anytime I say anything bad about a PS3 game, even something non factual, people attack me on it. If I rip on GT5 for not having damage unlocked in the main game, people will hate, but if I mock Forza 4 for having shit AI, or Mario Kart Wii for a lack of 2 player GP mode, people won't give it a second look. This website is extremly heavy with PS3 fanboys, don't act like it isn't. You attacking me on a small comment is an example of this.

Stop with the hate man, just stop.

again ignoring your ramblings.

i will only repond to the bolded.

i never said Uncharted 2 was perfect (though in my opinion it is darn near close). i said it was glitch free. which it was. if you couldnt jump or climb somewhere, its because you werent supposed, so you couldnt.

edit: and no, you were called out about the whole Killzone thing, because you did lie about it. i and other users proved it.  and again here you are again, playing the victum. Again people dont give a shit about you not liking ps3 games, its when you make things up. i dont see how you dont understand these things. people already know when it comes to ps3 game you dont like it, thats a given. so people will ignore you, dismiss it most times, but then when you make things up, people call you out. and then you post super long annoying responses, and people get fed up with you, and they give up. which i will be doing the same. i will not respond to anything further. or at least i hope not, because i know your response to this will be so painful, that it will be hard not to.

osamanobama said:

again ignoring your ramblings.

i will only repond to the bolded.

i never said Uncharted 2 was perfect (though in my opinion it is darn near close). i said it was glitch free. which it was. if you couldnt jump or climb somewhere, its because you werent supposed, so you couldnt.

edit: and no, you were called out about the whole Killzone thing, because you did lie about it. i and other users proved it.  and again here you are again, playing the victum. Again people dont give a shit about you not liking ps3 games, its when you make things up. i dont see how you dont understand these things. people already know when it comes to ps3 game you dont like it, thats a given. so people will ignore you, dismiss it most times, but then when you make things up, people call you out. and then you post super long annoying responses, and people get fed up with you, and they give up. which i will be doing the same. i will not respond to anything further. or at least i hope not, because i know your response to this will be so painful, that it will be hard not to.

Would both of you cut out this thing you're doing here.

osamanobama:

There's a whole community dedicated to finding Uncharted 2 glitches. The first video result:

The game does not approach being glitch free. You wound your point by using hyperbole.